Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (45 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Him, Pogba, Griezmann and all the other cunts who treat their clubs like shit. Tired of players like that.

I wonder why did we have to give players and their agents so much power, they pretty much do whatever the fuck they want now.
Pretty much this.

Fuk those modern footbal clowns.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
No they cannot. Bentancur and Rabiot can only play as CM or DM, neither are capable AMs.

SMS is a good player with some glaring weaknesses (he lacks speed and agility). Zaniolo has a higher ceiling IMO.
shit, I mixed up Bentancur with Bernardeschi, meant Rabiot and Berna can provide cover there, Bentancur belongs on the right, yeah. Rabiot for sure is capable in the final third, more so than Chelseas mids, good enough for cover, buying another option for left mid wouldn't be my priority

it might be true about Zaniolo having a higher ceiling, but atm he's not on SMS level and I wouldn't bet on him ever reaching that level.

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
No they cannot. Bentancur and Rabiot can only play as CM or DM, neither are capable AMs.

SMS is a good player with some glaring weaknesses (he lacks speed and agility). Zaniolo has a higher ceiling IMO.
Maybe.. Lets just say the chances of him surpassing SMS`s level arent that high.. He could but its definitely not a safe bet..
The only thing which might make me say we should rather Zaniolo than SMS is him being Italian.
Why does it matter if he is an Italian or not?! It does since Italians at Juve are less likely to ask to move on while SMS already declared himself as a Real Madrid fan so you already know where he will go next if he excels..

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Speaking of Italians.... Its highly likely that this year's starting lineup will only have 1 Italian.....Chiellini.

This has to be the first year I can remember with us having so few Italian starters

Apr 17, 2013
Speaking of Italians.... Its highly likely that this year's starting lineup will only have 1 Italian.....Chiellini.

This has to be the first year I can remember with us having so few Italian starters
It's a shame but the only Italian players who could possibly be starter at Juve are Verratti and Chiesa, and maybe Barella.

Jul 13, 2010
Lol I had a dream that inter bought 50% of zaniolo (lol, that shit is over for like 5 years) and inter announced on their official Instagram that by putting 'the dream is over' caption. I felt terrible. Strange thing is that I did not think about zaniolo that much and I'm not even TOO excited about him

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
The lack of Italian talent is truly disturbing.

It's ironic that the best 2 central defenders in the world are likely to be Dutch
Because in modern football you dont man mark. You look at the ball. Both van Dijk and de Ligt are tought this way only. In traditional Italian way you man mark.

Maybe Bernardeschi will be a starter. IMO an offensive 4312 is with Berna CAM and a more solid is with Ramsey CAM. Ramsey is a more all round player.
Other then that I agree it's a shame to see no italiens. But we have them on the bench. Kean, Bonucci, de Sciglio, Pellegrini, Buffon, (Bernardeschi).

We must also appreciate the efford made by our board to go for the "next italian thing" in Chiesa and Zaniolo. One of them here this season would be great. The other one next year if all goes to plan.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
what about a super gratis pack of Mandzu, Khedira and Matuidi for only 40M? One time offer, for Turkish clubs only!
Melo transfer from Juve to Gala:
summer of 11: season long loan for 1.5m + option to buy for 13m
summer of 12: season long loan for 1.7m + option to buy for 6.5m
summer of 13: permanent transfer for 3.75m

I'd rather not sell to the turkish, they're the cheapest bastards ever :lol: we bought Melo for 25m in 2009 and in 2010 WC he was a starter for Brazil, yet they dragged his value down as much as they could

Last edited:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Not many Italians available to walk into this team. Is it that important? I mean we don't have the Italian quality of our last CL success....

Side note...surely bonucci moves on...de Ligt starting is kind of a kick in the nuts to him. We cant spend 65m plus on de Ligt and bench him.

We could end up with a lot of cash if cancelo and bonucci are moved on.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
Well
1. Price tag
2. Midfielder of the season - I think its 2nd year in a row?!
3. Top clubs are linked
4. There was even a debate last year of Pogba vs SMS...

Like it or not - SMS is a WC player!
Zaniolo is not at the same bracket of SMS but rather on the bracket of Chiesa Barella Kean - Young players who are might be WC in a few years...
I believe in Zaniolo - He can be a very good player
Chiesa who I mentioned two rows above - He could make that jump very fast as I think he is ready and only a top club is missing for him to do it..
My definition of WC is different than your's.
Price tag? That means nothing.Price tag in football is almost just as a stock price...a bet on future earnings. Plus prices inflate as technology provides an access to football for milions of people so revenues on average increases in the whole industry year after year. Thats why a price means nothing when deciding wheather on is WC.
To be WC as far as I am concerned, the player needs to constantly perform on a top level and at the top club where competition is strong.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
My definition of WC is different than your's.
Price tag? That means nothing.Price tag in football is almost just as a stock price...a bet on future earnings. Plus prices inflate as technology provides an access to football for milions of people so revenues on average increases in the whole industry year after year. Thats why a price means nothing when deciding wheather on is WC.
To be WC as far as I am concerned, the player needs to constantly perform on a top level and at the top club where competition is strong.
Ok you want it in serious mode?! SMS is one of the best CM in the world
I bet you cant name 10 better than him at his role (I dont think you could name even close to 10..)
Please dont tell me Zaniolo - I rate him as well but he is not at that level.. at least not yet.. and he has a long long way.. (Also I wouldnt call their roles similar..)

hanko

Mar 15, 2019
I bet you cant name 10 better than him at his role (I dont think you could name even close to 10..)
Please dont tell me Zaniolo - I rate him as well but he is not at that level.. at least not yet.. and he has a long long way.. (Also I wouldnt call their roles similar..)
Modric, Busquets,de Bruyne,Kroos,Kante,Casemiro,Rakitic,de Jong,Eriksen, Fabinho and probably also Fernandinho. Notice how I don't include Pogba because he's overrated as fuck.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
I get the perspective from which you are coming to that conclusion. Mine is totally different so we wont ever be able to agree. Thats ok.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Modric, Busquets,de Bruyne,Kroos,Kante,Casemiro,Rakitic,de Jong,Eriksen, Fabinho and probably also Fernandinho. Notice how I don't include Pogba because he's overrated as fuck.
Most of them not on the same role and most of them are not better as well..
Modric had his year but now he is not as great
Busquets - Its debatable not same role anyway..
De Bruyne - I wouldnt call their roles similar but I`ll give you that
Kroos - He has been a great player - HAS BEEN...
Kante - You can compare him to Casemiro and not SMS.. anyway Kante is much better defensively while SMS is much better offensively..
De Jong - I think this guy is amazing but lets see how he fares
Eriksen - He isnt better IMO but I can understand how some could rate him more..
Fabinho - Seriously?!
Fernandinho - Oh the City wagon.. I wonder what would you say should SMS play for City...
Just noticed you added Casemiro and Rakitic
Casemiro see Kante
Rakitic - Hell no...

Out of that list De Bruyne De Jong Eriksen - I`ll give you them but hell no to the others while comparing Kante to SMS is like saying Mbappe is better than Chiellini..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)