Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (47 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
if we knew in summer 2016 that 3 years later that Higgy would be exchanged 1v1 for Manolas :lol:
just saw it too lol

Juve trade Higuain for Manolas?
By Football Italia staff

Gazzetta dello Sport claims there is a possibility of Juventus trading striker Gonzalo Higuain for Roma defender Kostas Manolas this summer.
According to the newspaper, both clubs value their respective players at €36m, given Manolas has such a release clause and Chelsea have a €36m option to buy Higuain.
Therefore, a swap deal could happen because it ‘suits’ the two sides, given Roma must raise €45m for Financial Fair Play and will receive a ready-made replacement for Edin Dzeko.
The Old Lady, in turn, would gain an experienced stopper to replace Andrea Barzagli and Martin Caceres.
Manolas has been linked with the Bianconeri for some time, while Chelsea are unlikely to retain the 31-year-old, amidst the uncertainty of their transfer ban and with Maurizio Sarri leaving.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
loss = sale below player's book value

i think the club would be happy to sell higgy at his book value (which is around 36m). i'd consider a manolas-higuain straight swap valued at 36m a decent business at this point.
I'm ok with this deal too. We all knew when we bought him that we weren't exactly going to make a profit. At least here we'd be getting much needed reinforcements for a player that wasn't even here last season.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
In: Ramsey, Demiral, Rabiot, Pogba/Ndombele/SMS, Koulibali/De Ligt, Chiesa
Out, Khedira, Caceres, Matuidi, Higuain, Cuadrado, Mandzu

Woj
Cancelo - DL/Kouli - Giorgio - AS
Pogba/SMS - Pjanic - Ramsey
DC - Dybala - CR7​

Bench: Perin, DS, Spina, Rugani, Bonucci, Demiral, Rabiot, Bentancur, Can, Berna, Kean, Chiesa.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
These rumors seem so strange. Sarri, Rabiot, Icardi, these aren't people you would normally associate with Juventus. Aside from apparently Sarri since he's being reported almost everywhere at this point, these are really hard to believe. Something's going on...

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
These rumors seem so strange. Sarri, Rabiot, Icardi, these aren't people you would normally associate with Juventus. Aside from apparently Sarri since he's being reported almost everywhere at this point, these are really hard to believe. Something's going on...
I think what is going on is a change from Beppe to Paratici. Paratici is not as concerned about buying workmen types the typical associated with Juve over the last few years.

I think Rabiot is a fine acquisition but Icardi would be such a dumb move.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
At this point, I'd rather sell the club if these are the names we're bringing in. These characters epitomize the definition of the words cunt and filth. This is not the Juventus I want to see, the Juventus I fell in love with and grew up watching.

Sorry Sarri, Icunti, and Retardo Rabiot embody everything I despise and hate in coaching and players. Very disappointing (absolutely wrong direction to take).

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I think what is going on is a change from Beppe to Paratici. Paratici is not as concerned about buying workmen types the typical associated with Juve over the last few years.

I think Rabiot is a fine acquisition but Icardi would be such a dumb move.
I was thinking that, but even so I would assume that there is an overall internal "company culture" of sorts to abide by. One man leaving should've change something so ingrained. Sure, you can change a crest and jersey with no problem, but intangible things like that tend to stick around.

At this point, I'd rather sell the club if these are the names we're bringing in. These characters epitomize the definition of the words cunt and filth. This is not the Juventus I want to see, the Juventus I fell in love with and grew up watching.

Sorry Sarri, Icunti, and Retardo Rabiot embody everything I despise and hate in coaching and players. Very disappointing (absolutely wrong direction to take).
Could you imagine Sarri having that homophobic outburst he had at Napoli while here? Icardi openly fighting with fans? Never before could I picture such a thing. It seems so unreal.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I was thinking that, but even so I would assume that there is an overall internal "company culture" of sorts to abide by. One man leaving should've change something so ingrained. Sure, you can change a crest and jersey with no problem, but intangible things like that tend to stick around.

Could you imagine Sarri having that homophobic outburst he had at Napoli while here? Icardi openly fighting with fans? Never before could I picture such a thing. It seems so unreal.
Maybe it is part of why Beppe is gone?

Now Icardi yes I really cannot picture Icardi and his "agent" as a part of Juventus regardless of management changes

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Maybe it is part of why Beppe is gone?

Now Icardi yes I really cannot picture Icardi and his "agent" as a part of Juventus regardless of management changes
Agnelli trying to shift the culture of the club? I guess, but at the same time this would directly contrast the whole "family friendly" thing we also seem to be going for. It seems such a confused approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)