Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (100 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2015
And 80% of these young players are average or just shit. Only Dybala and Cancelo deserve to be in Juve based on current form.
So we will have to replace Chiello, Bonucci, Ronaldo, Mandzu, Matuidi, Khedira, Quadrado in 1-2 years (some of them should leave Juve immediately). I do not see their potential replacements in our squad.
And not only replacements but outright improvements.
When was the last time we bought really exceptional young players who are still with us? I count only Dybala and Chiello as such.
Our policy of acquaring potentially world class youngsters sucks.Most of the time we buy mediocre tallents.
Real Madrid Barca are the best examples of teams that buy world class talents in their infancy and exploit the shit out of them for years untill they are ready to retire in Juves and Milans of the world.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk
All of Dybala, Bernardeschi, Rugani and Bentancur have come in as big prospects. Then you have Cancelo and Alex Sandro coming in as 24 year olds. That's already six players that either start for us or are on the cusp of starting for us. I really don't see anything out of the ordinary in how we manage our transfers. We started a new cycle after the CL loss against Barca and now that cycle is about to end. The last transition went well and we got back to the CL final pretty soon after. As I said feel free to panic, but don't expect me to get on that boat.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
VS sauces

-27 febbraio:

ZZ ha chiesto James e Isco. Sacrificherebbe DC e Paulo (Sebastianito)
Zidane asked for James and Isco. Would sacrifice D. Costa and Dybala for them.

In Germania da un po’ la Juve osserva l’attaccante del Francoforte, tale Jovic (leone 86)
In Germany Juve have been scouting Jovic for a little while.
I thought ZZ wasn’t a fan of Hamez?

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
All of Dybala, Bernardeschi, Rugani and Bentancur have come in as big prospects. Then you have Cancelo and Alex Sandro coming in as 24 year olds. That's already six players that either start for us or are on the cusp of starting for us. I really don't see anything out of the ordinary in how we manage our transfers. We started a new cycle after the CL loss against Barca and now that cycle is about to end. The last transition went well and we got back to the CL final pretty soon after. As I said feel free to panic, but don't expect me to get on that boat.
No one knew anything about Bentancur here. Let us be real. Berna and Rugani are not progressing at all, Alex Sandro was one season wonder. Cancelo we will see if he will develop or stall too.
I am not panicking. The results in Europe this season are just a glimpse of what is coming if we do not evolve past the outdated italian mentality. We are lucky the result is only 2:0 after the first game in Madrid. We were embarrassed by MU and Young boys too.It is a miracle we are still in the game.
The path to success on the biggest stage is clearly the Spanish one. Agnelli dreams of Juve being one of the biggest clubs in the world but I doubt our fanbase has increased that much this season. Local success is meaningless with such boring football. It attracts almost no one. Ronaldo's fans will be gone when he is out.
Nowdays all big players dream of playing for Real and Barca. They have money and play attractive brand of football and almost guarantee the biggest trophies. We have neither. Ask anyone outside Juve fans and most of them will tell you this hard truth. We cannot compete financially for now so we need something else to differentiate and attract fans and players.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I've watched about half a dozen benfica matches this season, always seems to get involved in the build up or goals a very impressive 2nd striker I must say, problem is we kinda already have Dybala for this role
Wait 4 months...
I like Dybala but if he is remotely as good as his youtubes I`d sacrifice Dybala for him and use the money to get a great CM and we can also cover with Isco or James..

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Wait 4 months...
I like Dybala but if he is remotely as good as his youtubes I`d sacrifice Dybala for him and use the money to get a great CM and we can also cover with Isco or James..
problem is not Dybala its just allegri or at least thats my conclusion on our lack of cohesion upfront, thing is its obvious you can give allegri the best attackers in the world and yet he cant even coach a single decent attacking play from it

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
problem is not Dybala its just allegri or at least thats my conclusion on our lack of cohesion upfront, thing is its obvious you can give allegri the best attackers in the world and yet he cant even coach a single decent attacking play from it
There some aspects to the Dybala situation:
1. You can say Dybala is a champion and therefore he should rise wherever he is
2. You can say in order for Dybala to rise he needs to play in a system which suits him
3. You can say Dybala is good but not as good as we might want to think...

I personally believe its the second option but I still also have doubts about the third option.
The question is - Is Dybala really that good? Only him playing in an attacking minded team could tell us that - Are we going to be that team?! I believe we are going to be more attacking minded but not as attacking as City Real Liverpool and Barca therefore it might be best we do cash in on him.. I`m saying it despite my wish for him to stay and prove himself as Dybala is the kind of player that makes you love football...

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I'm not panicking or saying that we've necessarily done anything too wrong in the transfer market, I'm just implying that we have several issues that we need to fix this summer and the next in order to continue winning and I feel the strategies that we're rumoured to take are not the right ones. We do have young players and a handful of Italians too, but the level of them is too low for us to dream of winning the CL. In defense we have 5 CB:s who are all 31+. Rugani is the only young one and he is still not able to be trusted upon, which we saw when we let in 6 goals in 2 games where he should've been the one to step up. Same in midfield: Bentancur and Can are the ones who should inherit the positions of Matuidi and Khedira, but both of their performances so far have been average at best. Bentancur I feel is totally overhyped and has done nothing to warrant it IMO.

If we continue to add the likes of Ramsey and Marcelo this summer it won't be a disaster, but they all feel a bit like stop gaps that won't bode well in the long run. My hopes is that we should instead focus on adding a lot more young blood, preferably Italian, into the defense and midfield so we can safely move on from our current generation and build a base to continue on for the next 10 years. The Spanish teams like Atletico, Real and Barca show an excellent way of handling this, and even Real Madrid who used to build foreign Galactico teams is taking a much smarter route, structuring the team on a young Spanish core and adding promising youth in every position.

However, so far Agnelli and Paratici has continued to prove the doubters wrong and I hope my worries are unwarranted.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I'm not panicking or saying that we've necessarily done anything too wrong in the transfer market, I'm just implying that we have several issues that we need to fix this summer and the next in order to continue winning and I feel the strategies that we're rumoured to take are not the right ones. We do have young players and a handful of Italians too, but the level of them is too low for us to dream of winning the CL. In defense we have 5 CB:s who are all 31+. Rugani is the only young one and he is still not able to be trusted upon, which we saw when we let in 6 goals in 2 games where he should've been the one to step up. Same in midfield: Bentancur and Can are the ones who should inherit the positions of Matuidi and Khedira, but both of their performances so far have been average at best. Bentancur I feel is totally overhyped and has done nothing to warrant it IMO.

If we continue to add the likes of Ramsey and Marcelo this summer it won't be a disaster, but they all feel a bit like stop gaps that won't bode well in the long run. My hopes is that we should instead focus on adding a lot more young blood, preferably Italian, into the defense and midfield so we can safely move on from our current generation and build a base to continue on for the next 10 years. The Spanish teams like Atletico, Real and Barca show an excellent way of handling this, and even Real Madrid who used to build foreign Galactico teams is taking a much smarter route, structuring the team on a young Spanish core and adding promising youth in every position.

However, so far Agnelli and Paratici has continued to prove the doubters wrong and I hope my worries are unwarranted.
With the current young generation building an "Italian" team would be a mistake as Italy barely have any great players... We can use Zaniolo (who will be big IMO) and Chiesa (who is basically on Bernardeschi level) but it would be much smarter on our side to get French Belgic and Portuguese players as their generation is way better than Italy`s (especially France who their young players are already good enough to play in their main side)

Jun 6, 2015

Fair enough. Hopefully Italy starts to produce some real talents in the coming seasons. Thus far it hasn't looked great compared to the Spanish, German French or even English talents.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
There some aspects to the Dybala situation:
1. You can say Dybala is a champion and therefore he should rise wherever he is
2. You can say in order for Dybala to rise he needs to play in a system which suits him
3. You can say Dybala is good but not as good as we might want to think...

I personally believe its the second option but I still also have doubts about the third option.
The question is - Is Dybala really that good? Only him playing in an attacking minded team could tell us that - Are we going to be that team?! I believe we are going to be more attacking minded but not as attacking as City Real Liverpool and Barca therefore it might be best we do cash in on him.. I`m saying it despite my wish for him to stay and prove himself as Dybala is the kind of player that makes you love football...
TBH i'd keep Dybala at all cost, I would love to see him under a more progressive manager though thats when I think he will flourish. Under Allegri im more and more under the belief he doesn't teach the attackers how to attack which has hindered Dybala's progression. its almost pointless to improve the attack any more under allegri, we'll still get the same results even if we improved the midfield as well, it'll be the same old rigid organised pussy football when it comes to playing in Europe.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
With the current young generation building an "Italian" team would be a mistake as Italy barely have any great players... We can use Zaniolo (who will be big IMO) and Chiesa (who is basically on Bernardeschi level) but it would be much smarter on our side to get French Belgic and Portuguese players as their generation is way better than Italy`s (especially France who their young players are already good enough to play in their main side)
Fair enough. Hopefully Italy starts to produce some real talents in the coming seasons. Thus far it hasn't looked great compared to the Spanish, German French or even English talents.
The current Italian generation is pretty crap, have to agree. However, I have to emphasise that nationality is a suprisingly important key when building a solid core to the team, hence why I brought up Milan and United earlier: they both boasted plenty of their own international legends, and when they retired at once the teams had no identity anymore. Of course players like Lichsteiner and Mandzukic are perfect examples that you can be of whatever nationality to be a leader in the dressing room, but once the lockerroom becomes a mishmash of foreign mercs all sharing a different culture, language and not understanding the clubs core values, the whole thing becomes a shitshow like Inter. I've seen it happen first hand during my own playing days lol.

I don't want to present anything radical as the pool of Italian players is kinda crap like you both said, but the likes of Verratti, Zaniolo, Chiesa, Romagnoli and maybe even Barrella and Tonali should be good enough to consider. In the end a teams performance isn't actually down to individual players, but how they play together.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,116
    Claudia Garcia: Juve will offer Pjaca + 15m € to Benfica for Ruben Dias.
    She also believes Marcelo would cost less than 45m and that Juve will never pay 70m for a CB[de Ligt]. :cry:
    adds that Joao Felix could arrive also.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
    Jan 5, 2006
    Claudia Garcia: Juve will offer Pjaca + 15m € to Benfica for Ruben Dias.
    She also believes Marcelo would cost less than 45m and that Juve will never pay 70m for a CB[de Ligt]. :cry:
    We going after Mendes players, surprise.

But, I don't mind at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 96)