Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
I'm really split on Icardi. On one hand he's a ice cold finisher with a decent technique too, who's singlehandedly carrying inter at times. He's also only 25. We can potentially have him for 10 years.

On the other hand he can do stuff which are unsettling for a team. However, he's not the Baloteli type - always doing something crazy lunatic. He did something fucked up and got on a relationship with the wife of a friend. But maybe he was young and passionate. Since then he hasn't done anything fucked up. He gives his all for inter and he has rejected moves to real for it.

I don't thing I would skip on him..

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I'm really split on Icardi. On one hand he's a ice cold finisher with a decent technique too, who's singlehandedly carrying inter at times. He's also only 25. We can potentially have him for 10 years.

On the other hand he can do stuff which are unsettling for a team. However, he's not the Baloteli type - always doing something crazy lunatic. He did something fucked up and got on a relationship with the wife of a friend. But maybe he was young and passionate. Since then he hasn't done anything fucked up. He gives his all for inter and he has rejected moves to real for it.

I don't thing I would skip on him..
It goes beyond just Wanda. He has fought with the fans and board before, and now with the coach clearly.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
It goes beyond just Wanda. He has fought with the fans and board before, and now with the coach clearly.
Fought with Inter fans and coach?! Must sign! :grin:
I`ll skip on him even though he makes it tough to skip now..
I just dont rate him that much. I rate him as I rate Higuain and nothing more which means great player but not the type I`d choose for this Juve.

We need few things in our team which are:
1. Someone to help carry the burden - type we need -> Fast good dribbler and can score quite well (He can be someone like Salah, but he can also be someone like Mbappe - talking about characteristics not the actual players who are not really attainable...
2. CM - Someone strong both physically and when attacking from midfield - Pogba would be perfect but not the only option
3. CB - Caceres cant replace Benatia long term as there is a big gap in quality. We can go for a proven Godin (We can try again I guess), we can go for someone who is young and talented like De Ligt (again doesnt has to be him)

Cheap players to suit our needs arent available (maybe we can get a promising CB but not the other positions)

P.S Do you think Lolito would accept a 60M offer now? (SMS)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Why would that make him a problematic player? So you would take costa over salah because he shakes hands with everyone?
No I base my wishlist on players I think could help us
Salah is obviously better than D.Costa so obviously I`d prefer him but lets say the didnt shake hands things is a negative point to him and not because of the Israeli thing as I hold those who say racist things in the same category (Mihajlovic for instance) (not saying Salah is racist but sport and politics should have nothing to do together

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Our midfield needs surgery.

Khedira should definitely go this summer.

I’d also sell one of Matuidi and Can. Matuidi turns 32 soon and his game relies entirely on athleticism. Can is not and will never be good enough.

Ramsey is a done deal, but we need two more midfielders IMO. Zaniolo is a gem and we should do everything to get him. Ndombele is a dream, but with both Manchester clubs interested I don’t think we’ll get him. Tonali would be a good Pjanic backup.

Mid next season:

Pjanic
Bentancur
Ramsey
Can or Matuidi (not both)
Zaniolo
Tonali

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Juve 2023:

Szczęsny, Cancelo, De Ligt, Romero, Spinazzola, Tonali, Ndombele, Zaniolo, Berna, Dybala, Kean

Talent? Check
Enough Quality Italians? Check
Young, Explosive and Dynamic? Check
Realistic? Check
Competitive? Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)