Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I love Dybala, but in the role he playes now, both Isco and James are better than him.
Fuck em both! You don't downgrade because of the fucking system. You make sure the system suits your best players. Isco is a little pansy; great talent, selfish, and lacks mental fortitude. James is great for marketing purposes, but I would never sacrifice Dybala for him. Like I said, I'd only sacrifice Dybala for a game changer like Mbappe with a Zaniolo on top.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
Fuck em both! You don't downgrade because of the fucking system. You make sure the system suits your best players. Isco is a little pansy; great talent, selfish, and lacks mental fortitude. James is great for marketing purposes, but I would never sacrifice Dybala for him. Like I said, I'd only sacrifice Dybala for a game changer like Mbappe with a Zaniolo on top.
I would. :p

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Calma. He looks great, he fights, has technique and seems very smart, yes. Now since Totti broke through we've had Buffon, Pirlo, De Rossi, Cassano. We need him to look better than Verratti, Balotelli, Insigne, Bernardeschi, Chiesa... have, before we can worry about Totti and the old guys.

Zaniolo doesn't have 20 games for Roma yet to compare him to their greatest player ever.
You have a point but I have seen him play in most of them so I comment that he looks like a talented youngster who is also working very hard on the pitch with great determination and this is exactly the kind of attitude needed to grow!
It is a bit premature to compare him to Totti but I`d take him over Chiesa anyday even if Chiesa is the better player... for now... (It will change within a year IMO)

- - - Updated - - -

I love Dybala, but in the role he playes now, both Isco and James are better than him.
It depends how you look at the role - If you are talking about his contribution in attacking situations - Yes I agree
If you are talking overall at what he provides then you can see that many of our counter attacks start with Dybala able to release himself from pressing opposition and then he passes the ball and starts a counter attack - You have to recognize that as well
Maybe we should change his role to a regista :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

You really like Dybala dont you?!
As a fan I dont want to sacrifice Dybala as well
When Im trying to neutralize my Juve biased opinion - sacrificing Dybala might not be such a bad decision - If we can get 130M for him it would be worth it as we get James for 50M and still have 80M for a CM (This is without using our budget) so Ndombele or adding funds and get Pogba
If you want to see it in another direction its like swapping Dybala with Pogba - You cant say who is more talented but you can say who will suit us better (much better)

P.S Dybala for Mbappe+Zaniolo? I`d take Dybala+Zaniolo for Mbappe as well... Mbappe is the best value for money player in the world right now.. One of the best and has like 15 years to play

Last edited:

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Its pretty clear by know that Allegri dont see Dybala as a CF/ false nine. He is not a winger. Ronaldo playes better with CF like Benzema/ Mandzu. So he tries to fit him in as a number 10. It seems like it is the only place for Dybala that is compatible with fitting both him and Ronaldo in the team. The problem is that he is not and will never be an elite AM. How would you suggest we set up the team to get the best out of Dybala?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If people watched games instead of just concentrating on statistics, you’ll realize that Dybala has done an excellent job in his role recently.

I don’t see the point in replacing him with players that are older and not better (James, Isco).
I dont think this is relevant to anyone on the Juve forum... Everyone watch games - Biased people see one thing while the other biased see the other
I think Dybala can and should do much better but yeah there is definitely an improvement but I think the best thing he does is not attacking but playing out of defense and create dangerous counters.
The thing is that you should expect Pjanic to do this and you expect Dybala to do forward things as this is how those roles are usually played

Business wise its a no brainer to sell Dybala if a good offer arrives
130M player out James 50M in and you get the same thing in attack or even better (not because James is better but because Dybala just doesnt fit) - This is true unless... a change of coach which could make a big difference in his game.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Am I the only one here who wants established players and not "promising talents"???????
Depends on how old they are.

I don’t want a 34 year old Modric here no matter how established he is. We are not a retirement team.

A 26 year old Pogba? Hell yeah, but that will never happen.

Established players who are still fairly young are ridiculously expensive unless they’ve fallen out with their manager (Isco, James).

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Exactly. Established players that can actually improve the team and aren't on crutches with nothing left to prove. Ronaldo is an exception; it's like Lebron going to the Lakers @ 34. Modric or Marcelo are like getting Conley and/or Gasol. Redundant acquisitions that have 0 marketability and aren't going to be around for more than 2-3 years anyway.

Last edited:

ByzantineUSA

Jul 20, 2018
established doesnt necessarily mean 34-35 years old players.Ericksen theres an established name.Kante another.That united swedish defender.Piatek for attack is the only bet im willing to take

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Dybala's work rate and understanding of the game put Isco and James to shame. Those two, especially James, can put in a magic ball more often in the box, but everywhere else they are inferior.

Allegri has asked Dybala to be a striker in the front 2 and he excelled, to be a TQ and he excelled, now to be everywhere on the field as a midfielder and he excelled as well. He plays the ball more than any of our midfielders (and attackers ofc) except Pjanic, and he does it while being more mobile than all of them as well. We take Dybala out, and with this midfield, we are better off playing old school 4-4-2 kick and rush.

Meanwhile Isco gets moved a little bit and he becomes useless and benched, while James is the definition of a luxury player. Both of them can be great for us, but not 1-for-1 for Dybala.

- - - Updated - - -

Its pretty clear by know that Allegri dont see Dybala as a CF/ false nine. He is not a winger. Ronaldo playes better with CF like Benzema/ Mandzu. So he tries to fit him in as a number 10. It seems like it is the only place for Dybala that is compatible with fitting both him and Ronaldo in the team. The problem is that he is not and will never be an elite AM. How would you suggest we set up the team to get the best out of Dybala?
Why is this the question? the question should always be how do we set up as a team to be the best team possible.

Dybala in Milan means let's do everything possible to get the best out of him, because he is a step ahead of everyone else. Dybala in Juve means he stands next to Mandzukic, Pjanic, Ronaldo, Costa, Bernardeschi, etc. he is one more of the guys, not the only star.

He has understood this nicely so far and does all that is asked from him and does it greatly as a top player.

Last edited:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Plan for the future please

No need for 27-28 years old luxury players

Not we like we need James for marketing reasons either

I would like to see us spend money on future stars

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Eriksen - Kante - Pjanic is fapworthy. That midfield behind Ronaldo, Dybala and Mandzukic would destroy Europe.

But they would cost 100m each. We don’t have that kind of money.
nonsense we could do it I even made a list for you

Benatia - 10mil

Stu - 18mil

Audero - 20mil

Pjaca - 10mil

Khedira- 5mil

Kean 20mil (w/ buyback)

Higiuan - 36mil

Orsolini - 7.5mil

Andrea Favili - 10 mil

Rogerio - 7.5mil

With this on top of transfer budget we can do it :baus:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
nonsense we could do it I even made a list for you

Benatia - 10mil

Stu - 18mil

Audero - 20mil

Pjaca - 10mil

Khedira- 5mil

Kean 20mil (w/ buyback)

Higiuan - 36mil

Orsolini - 7.5mil

Andrea Favili - 10 mil

Rogerio - 7.5mil

With this on top of transfer budget we can do it :baus:
Keep Kean
Cheap backup striker with potential to improve and one day be a starter

A loan out won't do him any good

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Keep Kean
Cheap backup striker with potential to improve and one day be a starter

A loan out won't do him any good
List was a joke but on Kean I am not sure I agree.

For the time being Allegri clearly doesn't view him as a viable rotation option nor so i'm not sure what value he is adding as a "backup" when the coach doesn't think he is good enough for the role or what value him staying here and not playing adds to him.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
List was a joke but on Kean I am not sure I agree.

For the time being Allegri clearly doesn't view him as a viable rotation option nor so i'm not sure what value he is adding as a "backup" when the coach doesn't think he is good enough for the role or what value him staying here and not playing adds to him.
He is still quite young, I think he definitely has loads of potential
We need to start making use of our primavera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)