Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (86 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Juventus have sold players worth €53m during the previous January window:

Sturaro to Genoa - 18m.
Favilli to Genoa - 7m.
Benatia to Al-Duhail - 8m.
Audero to Sampdoria - 20m.

That's half of the CR7 transfer fee already recouped. Brilliant Business.
Tarek Elkhatib through twitter
Ok. If we add Higgy and Costa to outgoing sales, we can probably boost that to 133 million. Romero, Ndombele and Zaniolo @Post Ironic? :D

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Selling Dybala for James would be a horrible piece of business, even if we get a midfielder as well.

Dybala for Mbappe and Zaniolo and we can talk.

Given prices nowadays, 100 million for Dybala is terrible. Anything below 150 million is not worth considering.
Agree and I rate James a lot!
Dybala is younger and has a higher ceiling

If I need to guess how our summer would look like I`d say:
In: James Ndombele Romero Ramsey
Out: D.Costa Higuain
(I want D.Costa to remain but he seems on his way out)
Pogba right now is very difficult as he wont move unless he express his will to leave and now that Mourinho is no longer in charge his happiness status changed..

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously, who the hell is this Ndombele? Why is everyone suddenly obsessed with him here?

- - - Updated - - -

This too
a Lyon CM who Nedved (the forum Nedved not the real one) scouted for a while and then we were also linked to him
I haven`t seen much of him thats why Im not that hyped about him although he does seems like the real deal if he is so highly regarded here and by Europe top teams (but who knows...)
He is strong physically and quite a good defensive player while he can attack as well (but dont expect a Messi kind of attacking skills) - I cant estimate him in terms of valuation but here they do estimate him at 70M so the price could be around that figure even if I personally think the forum might put the numbers too high (maybe I`m wrong though..)

Last edited:

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Our entire summer mercato depends solely on how we performed in CL and if we won it or not, that is the goal that Andrea`s after in our Ronaldo period, one, just one Champions League trophy while Cristiano is here. With that goal accomplished a new cycle will begin, the cycle that would lead to "Signing the next Cristiano Ronaldo, but at the age of 25" and so on.

So, if we do not win the CL this season, what I expect is our mercato to be concentrated on already established and experienced players (meaning older players who will deliver instantly, not players with great potential who need time to explode and florish). In this case our attention in the summer will fall on well-known players with great pedigree, rich trophy cabinet, tons of experience and winning mentality - Marcelo, Modric - already mentioned, James, Lewandowski even (a new cycle for Bayern is to be expected, especially if they lose the title and in CL, so Lewa leaving in June is no fantasy football to me but a real possibility), Rakitic, if Arthur continues to develop the way he does, may be on the move in the summer, Frenkie De Jong coming for a huuge transfer fee is also an indicator, and so on.

If we do win it this year, I expect a different type of players to be on our management focus - de Ligt is one of them, Ndombele and Zaniolo - players who are already reported to be of great interest to Paratici and Juve, younger ones, slowly starting a squad rejuvenation - replacing retiring CB Barzagli and 30+y old stop-gap solution Caceres with 20y old De Ligt and Romero, letting go of 30+ Khedira/Matuidi for a decade younger Zaniolo/Ndombele and etc.

PS.: In the case of not winning the CL this year I expect us to have a similar transfer budget or even bigger one than last summer, everyone in the club keeps saying that CL is not an obsession and obligation and stuff like that but its just talk and its bollocks - its clear as a day that it is an obsession, its an obsession for the club President, for the board, for the staff, for the players and its an obsession for us fans, too.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Barella was crazy overpriced

Zaniolo at 40 is fair because he can score goals and assist

Tolisso went for 42 or so ml
Is he that much better a prospect than Tolisso was?
Tolisso was a good player with potential
Zaniolo is different as he is extremely young and already playing at Roma as a starter - Actually he and Dzeko are their stars.
Zaniolo also has some glimpses of real magic like the goal he scored (I cant remember the opponent)
Zaniolo could be the next big thing in Italy since Totti

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Zaniolo is different as he is extremely young and already playing at Roma as a starter - Actually he and Dzeko are their stars.
Zaniolo also has some glimpses of real magic like the goal he scored (I cant remember the opponent)
I fucked up, i should've made this clearer
I was referring to Ndombele

I think Zaniolo for 40 is fair

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I fucked up, i should've made this clearer
I was referring to Ndombele

I think Zaniolo for 40 is fair
Oh cant really comment on this as I havent seen much - He might be the flavor of the year and might be the real deal.. who knows..
In terms of skills he is what we need (strength can defend and attack)

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Calma. He looks great, he fights, has technique and seems very smart, yes. Now since Totti broke through we've had Buffon, Pirlo, De Rossi, Cassano. We need him to look better than Verratti, Balotelli, Insigne, Bernardeschi, Chiesa... have, before we can worry about Totti and the old guys.

Zaniolo doesn't have 20 games for Roma yet to compare him to their greatest player ever.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
James Rodriguez 's father, who is his agent too, is pushing for us, this is precisely what we need to become a top team!
Absolutely not. A luxury player who fails to address deficiencies in other areas.

As for the experience bit, I am not against going for experienced players; However, we already have a few (some old/ageing ones too). We shouldn't pull an Inter, stuck with old players on huge wages, and then take the better part of a decade to rebuild.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
the only upgrade i'd gladly accept instead of dybala would be mfappé. (and probably rodri or saul too, but i have a heavy bias towards midfielders.)
:howler: :rofl: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Dybala for Mbappe and Zaniolo. Dybala for Saul and Pogba? Maybe. Dybala for James and Isco? Faaaak no!

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Ronaldo is 34 and Mandzukic is 32. Cuadrado isn't getting any younger. That leaves us with Berna, Dybala and Kean for the future. I don't think Costa will be around for much longer, and that's why trading Dybala is the dumbest thing we can possibly do, unless we are getting Zaniolo and Mbappe in a package deal. Not even James + Isco are worth sacrificing Dybala for.
I love Dybala, but in the role he playes now, both Isco and James are better than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)