Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (79 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Keeping max, bonucci, de ciglio, selling dybs and buying icardi, could be a nightmare becoming alive.
I would cease watching juve, untill those monsters are out...

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
If we look for no. 9 to work with Ronaldo, It would be OK if Chelsea don't activate their Option buying Higuain. We better use Higuain than Icardi

And if Dybala is sold, it's better we get cash and we buy another CB (De Ligt,.. ) and another Midfield (N'dombele, ..). Its more priority

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Yep, kid looks like a mezzala on that video, not a regista
Tonali is 100% a regista. He only plays there for Brescia. He is 18(?) so I'm sure he can change, but his playstyle is developed as a regista.

A natural regista is so hard to find. We should be all over this kid. Send him on loan if the club wants to, but sign him. His profile is rare and his talent looks brilliant. If he continues to grow on our bench or on loan then we use him, if not, there will be no lack of suitors. Brescia are winning Serie B with an 18 year old running the midfield.

Last edited:

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Agresti says:

- all roads lead to Allegri staying
- we're looking to improve the defense right now. Varane and Alderweireld are the targets. Doesn't mention Manolas. Rejected Boateng and Umtiti
- in midfield there's Zaniolo (no contact with Roma yet) and Ndombele
- in attack Chiesa is the first option, will cost 60+m. Felix too expensive if Benfica keep insisting on paying his RC
- Dybala and Costa possibly leaving. Dybala wants guarantees he'll play more and play as a striker only. Costa worries because of injuries this season, may be time to cash in
- Pjanić really likes RM. PSG wants Sandro
- he also said we shouldn't expect anything crazy like CR last year. We're working to fill in the gaps and complete the team

Honestly, I'd be shocked if we don't sign Chiesa. That may be a done deal long time ago like it was with Bernardeschi.

Worried there's no mention of any sales in midfield other than Pjanić

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Let go of Khedira, sell Matuidi, sell Higuain, sell Costa, sign both Ndombele and Zaniolo. Sign a good CB.

Everything else is secondary imo. If those moves are made our team just looks so good.

Chiellini, Bonucci, Rugani, New CB

Pjanic, Ndombele, Ramsey, Zaniolo, Can, Bentancur

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Tonali is 100% a regista. He only plays there for Brescia. He is 18(?) so I'm sure he can change, but his playstyle is developed as a regista.

A natural regista is so hard to find. We should be all over this kid. Send him on loan if the club wants to, but sign him. His profile is rare and his talent looks brilliant. If he continues to grow on our bench or on loan then we use him, if not, there will be no lack of suitors. Brescia are winning Serie B with an 18 year old running the midfield.
I agree we should get him (and Zaniolo) for sure, just commented on the video AC posted. Why doesnt he play regista for Brescia though?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Agresti says:

- all roads lead to Allegri staying
- we're looking to improve the defense right now. Varane and Alderweireld are the targets. Doesn't mention Manolas. Rejected Boateng and Umtiti
- in midfield there's Zaniolo (no contact with Roma yet) and Ndombele
- in attack Chiesa is the first option, will cost 60+m. Felix too expensive if Benfica keep insisting on paying his RC
- Dybala and Costa possibly leaving. Dybala wants guarantees he'll play more and play as a striker only. Costa worries because of injuries this season, may be time to cash in
- Pjanić really likes RM. PSG wants Sandro
- he also said we shouldn't expect anything crazy like CR last year. We're working to fill in the gaps and complete the team

Honestly, I'd be shocked if we don't sign Chiesa. That may be a done deal long time ago like it was with Bernardeschi.

Worried there's no mention of any sales in midfield other than Pjanić
Varane and Alderweireld sounds great, but we need them to take reasonable wages. Still think Manolas could be the best buy considering all factors - price, wages, longevity and quality. Personally, id sell one of Bonucci and Rugani and get another CB

Yes to both these young mids

Chiesa is a done dealio imo. Costa gone. Felix depends on Dybala and his and Benficas willingness to get a deal done. We arent gonna pay the clause im afraid

If Pjanic goes to Madrid id be tempted to try and get one of Modric/Kroos. On lower wages though. But i still think Pjanic stays

AS should stay. Dont see a potential replacement thats as good or better. Marcelo would be a short term fix and everyone else either stays or isnt good enough. Alaba? Havent seen him on a regular basis in more than 2 years

- - - Updated - - -

He does. He only plays regista for Brescia, no mezzala or other roles.
Youre right, appologies for the confusion. watched the whole video and apart from some early highlights, hes always the deepest mid in the team

Last edited:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Let go of Khedira, sell Matuidi, sell Higuain, sell Costa, sign both Ndombele and Zaniolo. Sign a good CB.

Everything else is secondary imo. If those moves are made our team just looks so good.

Chiellini, Bonucci, Rugani, New CB

Pjanic, Ndombele, Ramsey, Zaniolo, Can, Bentancur
This would be fantastic but hard seeing it happen

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Varane and Alderweireld sounds great, but we need them to take reasonable wages. Still think Manolas could be the best buy considering all factors - price, wages, longevity and quality. Personally, id sell one of Bonucci and Rugani and get another CB

Yes to both these young mids

Chiesa is a done dealio imo. Costa gone. Felix depends on Dybala and his and Benficas willingness to get a deal done. We arent gonna pay the clause im afraid

If Pjanic goes to Madrid id be tempted to try and get one of Modric/Kroos. On lower wages though. But i still think Pjanic stays

AS should stay. Dont see a potential replacement thats as good or better. Marcelo would be a short term fix and everyone else either stays or isnt good enough. Alaba? Havent seen him on a regular basis in more than 2 years
I'm team Manolas. He is 27, world class, full of experience on the big stage. If he can cut it in the CL with Fazio or Jesus next to him, he can cut it with Chiellini or Bonucci. We'd have his prime for the next 6 years or so. Cheaper than similar alternatives.

Joao Felix I haven't seen a single game of his. 120m for a teenager in the Portugese league? That just sounds unrealistic. It also seems (don't really know though) that he is a second striker, like Dybala, like Ronaldo. If we already have trouble accommodating those then spending more than we did on Ronaldo for a teenager in that position seems crazy.

Keep Alex Sandro, he developed into a solid player. He doesn't attack like he used to but he is solid. Doesn't make the poor tackles from last season and doesn't arrive late to defend anymore. If there is big money and he wants to move, then sell him. IMO he isn't worth 60m. I would not want Juve to spend 60m to sign Alex Sandro, but if no one offers this money then there is no need to change.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I'm team Manolas. He is 27, world class, full of experience on the big stage. If he can cut it in the CL with Fazio or Jesus next to him, he can cut it with Chiellini or Bonucci. We'd have his prime for the next 6 years or so. Cheaper than similar alternatives.

Joao Felix I haven't seen a single game of his. 120m for a teenager in the Portugese league? That just sounds unrealistic. It also seems (don't really know though) that he is a second striker, like Dybala, like Ronaldo. If we already have trouble accommodating those then spending more than we did on Ronaldo for a teenager in that position seems crazy.

Keep Alex Sandro, he developed into a solid player. He doesn't attack like he used to but he is solid. Doesn't make the poor tackles from last season and doesn't arrive late to defend anymore. If there is big money and he wants to move, then sell him. IMO he isn't worth 60m. I would not want Juve to spend 60m to sign Alex Sandro, but if no one offers this money then there is no need to change.
We would like to avoid another benatia like situation

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
For the 100m+ untouchable, unsellable Pjanic people who thought Mandzukic was a top 3 striker in the world a few months ago (after complaining about him being in the XI last season) only to change their mind shortly afterwards again and for others who don't quite understand the Icardi rumors:

Andrea Pirlo: "In my opinion, Mario Mandzukic can't be a starter at Juventus in the future." Sky

Pirlo: "Juventus will have to sign a new striker to play alongside Cristiano." Sky

- - - Updated - - -

If you mean about Manolas, he is head and shoulders above Benatia. Much better mentality too. 5 years younger as well.
Fun fact: Benatia played for Roma too and was head and shoulders above Manolas.

Current post-injury Benatia isn't, but to say Manolas is head & shoulders better is as funny as saying Mandzo is a top 3 striker in the world.

Manolas would be a decent "mercato opportunity" type signing, but you're gonna be very frustrated when you find out he's on the same level as Benatia and Bonucci (unless we get Varane too).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)