Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2007
Why is it taking so long to seal deals this summer?
We already have addressed almost every major issue of our mercato. What are you talking about? The CM position that clearly isnt important to Beppe but is to all the TUZers on here
Im not saying you are wrong for wanting a cm but dont say we havnt wrapped things up. Its end of July and we have bought 2 expensive wingers a wingback and a backup gk. All notable names outside of maybe MDS

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I dont see anyone in the market. If we sell Dybala and get that money we should be pushing for a Verratti. We will never buy a Kroos or Isco from Madrid at this stage. Pipe dream. Marotta is a fool if he thinks he can buy Kroos. He has absolutely no reason to leave, we pay smaller salaries here as well.
I don't see anyone we could spend Dybala money on neither. However, neither of us expected Pjanic and Higuain arrivals. Therefore, there are possibilities, we, supporters, don't know about.
Alexis Sanchez would be good but he wants to earn a lot and is 29 already. Verratti seems nice but we have Pjanic already who's a similar player. However, they could co-exist in 3 man midfield I think. Verratti-Mr X - Pjanic looks very good.

Apr 19, 2007
We already have addressed almost every major issue of our mercato. What are you talking about? The CM position that clearly isnt important to Beppe but is to all the TUZers on here
Im not saying you are wrong for wanting a cm but dont say we havnt wrapped things up. Its end of July and we have bought 2 expensive wingers a wingback and a backup gk. All notable names outside of maybe MDS
I know it doesnt feel like we have made a huge splash at times but we have spent over 100 mil already so cool your tits people

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I don't see anyone we could spend Dybala money on neither. However, neither of us expected Pjanic and Higuain arrivals. Therefore, there are possibilities, we, supporters, don't know about.
Alexis Sanchez would be good but he wants to earn a lot and is 29 already. Verratti seems nice but we have Pjanic already who's a similar player. However, they could co-exist in 3 man midfield I think. Verratti-Mr X - Pjanic looks very good.
Pjanic and Higuain were serie a players.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets say we sell Dybala, which player with a release clause is possible? If we consider the money we receive from that sell.

@Mark

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Pjanic and Higuain were serie a players.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets say we sell Dybala, which player with a release clause is possible? If we consider the money we receive from that sell.

@Mark
So what they were serie a players? They have been top players and I bet other top clubs were interested in them. The fact they played for our rivals made it harder because I was sure both of them would rather play for some foreign top club than Juve.

As for Dybala, I think there is a small chance we are going to sell him this window. Unless it's been known for a while and we're prepared. However, I don't believe our reaction to selling Bonucci and Dybala would be a loan of D. Costa, Bernardeschi and Keita.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
So what they were serie a players? They have been top players and I bet other top clubs were interested in them. The fact they played for our rivals made it harder because I was sure both of them would rather play for some foreign top club than Juve.

As for Dybala, I think there is a small chance we are going to sell him this window. Unless it's been known for a while and we're prepared. However, I don't believe our reaction to selling Bonucci and Dybala would be a loan of D. Costa, Bernardeschi and Keita.
We paid Higuain release clause. There was nothing Napoli could do.

Noone else seemed to be after Higuain.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
What's the point of replacing Dybala with Griezmann? Both play at comparable level, cost similar money while Dybala is already settled at Juve. Also, Griezmann would need to be willing to play here which is not obvious.
Was with regard to the question above. If we sell Dybala for 100 plus m, then Griezmann is the only guy i think of with a release clause of a 100m as a replacement in the current market scenario, although I think Juve will take a more resourceful approach, and not necessarily replace like for like, but mould the style of play.

juvefc_robin

Jun 15, 2003
Some are acting like we lose all our quality players. Bonucci is a bummer, but we have Rugani as the new CB, together with an experienced Barzagli and Benatia. Also, the youngster Caldara is promising for next year.
Dani Alves was very good the last part of the season, but the first few months he wasn't very special. Alex Sandro was way more consistent though out the whole season.
Sometimes you have to make decisions and if the sphere in the locker room is tense, then you really need to do something. The thing with Bonucci was probably already months in the making. Human behaviour, we just dont know what actually happened but I believe we can firmly say the love between the club and him was gone.

Up until now, we have bought a better 2nd keeper, we have bought two real wide players in Bernadeschi and Costa and we have bought a new RB in De Sciglio. Sure, De Sciglio still needs to impress us, but it is already a plus he's played with our CB in the Nazionale. I also think they had a saying or opinion in this.
Especially the wingers will give us more opportunities to change formation and play more dominantly.
Unlike others, I really hope Marchisio will make the starting XI. Marchios was a beast before his injury and together with Pjanic, he could give this team loads of creativity. In Khedira we have a back-up plan to create a block on the midfield (when this is necessary).

I hope we will sign some more youngsters instead of wasting our money on way too expensive names. Come on, 40 m for Matuidi (with all due respect) is insane. Better spend this money on a promising youngster.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
you would need a Vidal type with Verratti and Pjanic, someone who will run box to box.

- - - Updated - - -

Was with regard to the question above. If we sell Dybala for 100 plus m, then Griezmann is the only guy i think of with a release clause of a 100m as a replacement in the current market scenario, although I think Juve will take a more resourceful approach, and not necessarily replace like for like, but mould the style of play.
if we sell Dybala we're not replacing him with a big name/signing with the money... we probably got Bernardeschi for his replacement because they are planning to ship Paulo off if not now next year for sure. Remember, business and money before winning, it's the Juve way, don't be fooled with cute slogans.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Some are acting like we lose all our quality players. Bonucci is a bummer, but we have Rugani as the new CB, together with an experienced Barzagli and Benatia. Also, the youngster Caldara is promising for next year.
Dani Alves was very good the last part of the season, but the first few months he wasn't very special. Alex Sandro was way more consistent though out the whole season.
Sometimes you have to make decisions and if the sphere in the locker room is tense, then you really need to do something. The thing with Bonucci was probably already months in the making. Human behaviour, we just dont know what actually happened but I believe we can firmly say the love between the club and him was gone.

Up until now, we have bought a better 2nd keeper, we have bought two real wide players in Bernadeschi and Costa and we have bought a new RB in De Sciglio. Sure, De Sciglio still needs to impress us, but it is already a plus he's played with our CB in the Nazionale. I also think they had a saying or opinion in this.
Especially the wingers will give us more opportunities to change formation and play more dominantly.
Unlike others, I really hope Marchisio will make the starting XI. Marchios was a beast before his injury and together with Pjanic, he could give this team loads of creativity. In Khedira we have a back-up plan to create a block on the midfield (when this is necessary).

I hope we will sign some more youngsters instead of wasting our money on way too expensive names. Come on, 40 m for Matuidi (with all due respect) is insane. Better spend this money on a promising youngster.
Agree with everything minus the Khedira block part. he is not good enough to be counted as a physical presence to block results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)