Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (28 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I think both Sturaro and Lemina should yield over 25m - we would still need to spend up. But that makes sense. If Nzonzi is the right player then we should do it. Although I can't say whether he is or not as I haven't really watched him play.

I am increasingly getting the feeling that Dybala is going to be sold for somewhere between 120-150m. I just hope its not used to fund Keita, Nzonzi and Cancelo. I would expect a world class replacement who can really make the difference in the champions league.
I dont see anyone in the market. If we sell Dybala and get that money we should be pushing for a Verratti. We will never buy a Kroos or Isco from Madrid at this stage. Pipe dream. Marotta is a fool if he thinks he can buy Kroos. He has absolutely no reason to leave, we pay smaller salaries here as well.

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 26, 2016
- Of all the depressing mids we are being linked with, Nzonzi looks like the best one that we have the actual possibilty to sign. Its 40 mil. Its maybe too much, but still would go for it. I know that he is not the Vidal or Kroos you all want, but he would be a very good adition and give us that missing bite in our mid.

- After watching our last frendlies, i think we all can conclude that licht and asa needs to be replaced sooner or later. To not sign someone before the league starts would be a major dissapointment and seriously damage our defensive solidity. The question is who. Cancelo would need to be defensively drilled, but i think Max will fix that.

- Lemina seems to be out of our plans. Rincon too. We should add Sturaro to that list, but seeing he is Allegris boytoy, we need to offload someone else. I Hope Cuad stays. He is unstable, but WC when he has his day.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #17,223
    @Mark

You expect us to sign a CB or not, i mean good enough CB? Why arent we pushing for Manolas more srs?

Barzagli looks old and slow now. Benatia is not convincing at all. And Rugani is either injured or too green. We need a alternative till Rugani is old enough for Allegri. Why are we waiting so long about this now when it was sure the traitor was to be sold.
    :numnum:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
    I thinks now is the perfect time to sell Dybala and switch to a 433. Just sign the pair from Lazio and we are set. Marchisio and Pjanic along with a proper physical DM would be an amaZing Mid.

- - - Updated - - -

If not SMS then atleast Nzonzi who is also a beasr.
    Listen. If they were planning on selling Dybala, they wouldn't be targeting players like Keita and SMS, they'd be targeting someone world class like Kroos (maybe not him specifically but that caliber.) Dybala isn't going anywhere this summer.

May 23, 2013
    Listen. If they were planning on selling Dybala, they wouldn't be targeting players like Keita and SMS, they'd be targeting someone world class like Kroos (maybe not him specifically but that caliber.) Dybala isn't going anywhere this summer.
    Dude we go for more low-key WC players like Pjanic not players like Kroos. Nzonzi or SMS would be perfect for the team.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
    Dude we go for more low-key WC players like Pjanic not players like Kroos. Nzonzi or SMS would be perfect for the team.
    We got Higuain with Pogba money. Something similar would happen if Dybala was sold. It'd be even more extreme. You don't sell a Dybala and replace him with a Keita. Not without a riot. We're not Monaco.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and can we chill with this SMS fantasy? Lotito doesn't even want to sell us Keita, nevermind his best asset.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
    I am generally a fan of Marotta but he obviously has 1 glaring weakness.

Although I agree in principal that the club should not keep players who do not want to be here, the problem is it becomes a huge problem if you take that too literally - which I think he does. Take Bonucci as an example. All of the players tell the media that it all happened very quickly. In other words, Bonucci must of told management with relatively short notice that he wanted to go to Milan. This is not acceptable particularly since he only signed a new contract earlier in the year!

I am sorry, but if a player signs a new contract less than 12 months ago, the player has no right to ask for a transfer and expect us to accept the first bidder. This has to be known to all of the players.

If I was Marotta, I would say something like: "In principal we don't like to keep players who don't want to be here. However, the players also need to understand that the club and the player have a contractual commitment - so should a player express a desire to leave, we may try to accommodate this within the confines of both sporting and financial requirements and within a reasonable period of time so that the club can adequately arrange a replacement".

Given that Dybala signed a contract extension less than 4-5 months ago, he should not expect us to grant any sudden desire he has to leave for another club. If he expresses such a desire, then we should either open up to the idea of sale so long as the amount is far in excess of his true market value, or give us suitable time (i.e next summer) to make arrangements for his eventual departure and suitable replacement.

Makes sense no? I think if all players understood this going in, there should be no complaints.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Fuck, you just had to remind, forgotten about that blunder for once.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
    Tielemans might have said no though. I think he wanted a team where he was guaranteed at least some time on the pitch.

But I believe he would have gotten that here too.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)