Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
straight Bonucci-Manolas swap would be the lowest thing Beppe has done since the Vidal giveaway
Bonucci's gone now.

Sure but at least we can have another elite CB to our ranks who is only 26 and has 100+ Serie A matches under his belt. He can play in a 3 man and 2 man defence. I sure rate Manolas a lot higher than Benatia or Rugani and with Benatia, Chiellini's and Barzagli's injury history we sure need a player in defence who can make a great pair with each one of our defenders. Manolas is probably compatible which one of our defenders to pair up with.

35M make it happen!

Mar 17, 2016
I see the case being that we want one young CB this season to replace Bonucci and recall Caldara only when Barzagli goes.

If the above is true and I had to choose one player between the names being thrown around, my pick would be de Vrij. The only down-side would be that he's injury prone.

alex_samatar

Feb 16, 2004
Benatia can fill the gap. I don't know why Allegri doesn't play him. In my opinion he is better than Bon. Give the marrocan a chance Maxi. We don't need central defence we have more than enough. What we need is a striker. Bring moratta back or bring Sanchez or benzema.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I see the case being that we want one young CB this season to replace Bonucci and recall Caldara only when Barzagli goes.

If the above is true and I had to choose one player between the names being thrown around, my pick would be de Vrij. The only down-side would be that he's injury prone.
Great player but we need a consistent factor to rely upon throughout the season. Chiellini has his injury's, Benatia will have his too. De Vrij has missed too many matches these past season.

MA-NO-LAS :tuttosport:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Bonucci's gone now.

Sure but at least we can have another elite CB to our ranks who is only 26 and has 100+ Serie A matches under his belt. He can play in a 3 man and 2 man defence. I sure rate Manolas a lot higher than Benatia or Rugani and with Benatia, Chiellini's and Barzagli's injury history we sure need a player in defence who can make a great pair with each one of our defenders. Manolas is probably compatible which one of our defenders to pair up with.

35M make it happen!
Manolas is not elite, he is slapstick trash. Our management, before selling an important player, never has the replacement ready like well managed clubs do

BottomLine

Dec 23, 2012
Let's say Juve are willing to splash the cash for a top midfielder to play alongside Pjanic. Who do you think we could possibly get? We don't need a technical CM like Verratti, we need a beast.
We obviously can't get Vidal or Radja. Fabinho is off the table as he hasn't a EU passport. Kante is pretty much impossible as well. Others that come to mind (Nzonzi, Matic, Matuidi) are pretty underwhelming.
Who is there, really?

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Manolas is not elite, he is slapstick trash. Our management, before selling an important player, never has the replacement ready like well managed clubs do
Sure it'll be a decrease in quality but at the very least it is a direct replacement. I'd rather have a new top CB coming in before playing an important CL round of 16 with Grandpa Barzagli - I dont get yellow Cards Rugani as our starting CB when Chiellini will have his calf injury and 2 month off. Benatia is too often injured as well.

He's a nut case but I think the Jjuve environment can do well on him

Mar 17, 2016
Let's say Juve are willing to splash the cash for a top midfielder to play alongside Pjanic. Who do you think we could possibly get? We don't need a technical CM like Verratti, we need a beast.
We obviously can't get Vidal or Radja. Fabinho is off the table as he hasn't a EU passport. Kante is pretty much impossible as well. Others that come to mind (Nzonzi, Matic, Matuidi) are pretty underwhelming.
Who is there, really?
Seeing the position we are in now and looking at the names being linked to us, I wish things went differently in January and we went for Gagliardini. That would be ideal for me.

But to answer your question, from that list Matic is by far the best player in my opinion.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I also wonder why we aren't linked with Darmian that heavily. He can solve almost all our problems. Can play CB, RB and LB and probably will not become starter for United this upcoming season.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
I also wonder why we aren't linked with Darmian that heavily. He can solve almost all our problems. Can play CB, RB and LB and probably will not become starter for United this upcoming season.
We're waiting for the end of August to take him on loan.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I don't mind Manolas, he had Morata in his pocket when we played them. But for the money involved, I'd much rather keep Bonucci.

Darmian at CB is not the most appealing. Man Utd's defense is hardly the strongest and he struggles to start.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Darmian is not the solution; he may very well be part of the problem, if we choose to pursue that course. Hopefully we avoid that piece of shit, instead of handing United more money for no good reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Benatia can fill the gap. I don't know why Allegri doesn't play him. In my opinion he is better than Bon. Give the marrocan a chance Maxi. We don't need central defence we have more than enough. What we need is a striker. Bring moratta back or bring Sanchez or benzema.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Just No!

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
You can have a starter RB, Backup LB and even a rotational CB every now and then in one player who will probably be cheap. One of the best fullbacks in the league back with Torino. He knows the league well and is quite young. In my opinion you'd be very foolish to not try for a player like him.

Darmian is not the solution; he may very well be part of the problem, if we choose to pursue that course. Hopefully we avoid that piece of $#@!, instead of handing United more money for no good reason.
How could a player like Darmian be part of the problem? He can pretty much fix every gap in defence we created and would come for something like 15-20M.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You can have a starter RB, Backup LB and even a rotational CB every now and then in one player who will probably be cheap. One of the best fullbacks in the league back with Torino. He knows the league well and is quite young. In my opinion you'd be very foolish to not try for a player like him.

How could a player like Darmian be part of the problem? He can pretty much fix every gap in defence we created and would come for something like 15-20M.
He's an average player. He sucks as a CB, and is bang average as a LB or RB. Nothing special going forward either. Why do you want to waste money on a player like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)