Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Look now how Meeealan play hard on the price tag.
We dont need anyone from them part for one guy who if they dont qualify for CL we dont even need to discuss transfer fee with them...

It is time we stop looking for medium class players and start thinking big! If we dont do this D.Costa will leave Pjanic will leave Higuain will leave and most importantly Dybala will leave - Honestly if we dont do it we probably deserve it as well as think in a regular player mind who doesnt a Juve biased mind and you will want to win everything and in order to do it you need the best possible 11 - Which means buying the greats while saving our greats and not trading one great for another as 1-1=0 which means technically it has 0 influence (although I dont believe it actually has 0 but also a negative as well)
People here say we did improve by the years and last year 2017 we were better than in 2015 but I`ll say it now loud and clear - Technique wise - Yes we were better in 2017 as we had more attacking players on the pitch but quality wise we were destroying Dortmund 3-0 with an epic performance and got past a great Real only to lose the final against a record shattering Barca who had the season of a lifetime!
Last year - yeah we deserved to go to the final as Barca was a shadow of themselves and we did great to dispose them but dont think 2015 team would do any different.. We would probably demolish them with the 2015 team as well!
Monaco?! Monaco changed a lot from 2015 to 17 - back then they had a good defense but not so good attack while we were the same as them compared to last year which is why we only beat them 1-0 back then - Last year`s Monaco was much better than in 2015 but not when facing Juve - Facing Juve was the worst possible draw for them! The worst for us was Atl Madrid as they are usually defensive and organized - 2015 team would cruise against Monaco as well...
as for the final there is no point even discussing it as the midfield is what cost us the game against Real and our mid in 2015 was much better than last year`s...
I must say Allegri did great in changing formation to fit the needs of the team but I repeat - our mid is not top 4 - Mandzukic gave a great season but he isnt really a WC LW, Alves had 4 great games vs Barca and Monaco but he too isnt WC RW although he is close to that in terms of position than Mandzukic
Dybala isnt as great as you say (potentially he is but current form and what he showed up till now he isnt) and Higuain criticise him as much as you want but he cant do all by himself - Yeah he wasnt exactly great vs Real but that was more to the fact our mid completely sucked ass...
Pjanic was the only worth mentioning midfielder but he as well wasnt as good as 2015 Marchisio for example who was just amazing that year, Vidal and Pogba were also amazing!

Now you`ll say in 2015 we barely went through - Yeah because we found the right balance later than in 2017 - To remind you we started the league badly and at first it looked like we wont even make the champions and then came the whole 17 straight wins (maybe even more.. dont exactly remember...) and we leapfrogged a Napoli who gave the season of a lifetime!

We need to replicate this mid without selling our attack or defense - If we do it we will win the CL as the other team (apart for Atletico dont even know the meaning of defending)!

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Rugani, Douglas Costa. It's only 2 players now.
Sure thing buddy but the point is that the gaps you create should be filled up with better or equal players. I dont consider Rugani an upgrade over Bonucci, or De Scigilio over Dani Alves nor do I think Douglas Costa is the massive upgrade from Cuadrado.

If we will start our season with a decrease in quality on our RB and CB slot and only a slight upgrade as our RW (Which in my opinion is questionable) then emulating the succes of last season will be even harder.

Just take a look at Bayern Monaco's two in a row CL finals.

2011: Neuer, Lahm, Boateng, Timoschuk, Alaba, Gustavo, Schweinsteiger, Ribery, Muller, Robben, Gomez
2012: Neuer, Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba, Martinez, Schweinsteiger, Ribery, Kroos, Robben/Muller, Mandzukic

Those were just the additions of Dante, Martinez and Mandzukic who were all a signficiant upgrade. If you aim to win CL that's the key imo. Finetuning what you have.

Our flaws will always be masked because of our domestic succes. Our B-team would win Serie A win and Coppa.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If we will start our season with a decrease in quality on our RB and CB slot and only a slight upgrade as our RW (Which in my opinion is questionable) then emulating the succes of last season will be even harder.
It's 15th July. We're clearly not even close to finishing our mercato, so why the talk about what we're starting next season with?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
The past two summers showed that we did not sign our 'targets' with Draxler or Matuidi/Witsel.
I think that's the fear.

Once Vidal was sold, we handled our mercato really shabbily. We spent two months haggling over Draxler transfer fee. Although we managed to get a world class LB , our supposed main signing (an AM) was some low risk reject signing from a shit club.
It would be disappointing if this summer ensues the same way as 2015.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Thankfully :D

- - - Updated - - -

Oy vey.
in hindsight sure, we had another successful domestic season once again but do not forget that in 2015/2016 we started an awful season and needed to convert back to the 3-5-2 which took almost 10 rounds and 2016/2017 it took until january to find the balance of the gap that Pogba left.

This whole thing is were you set the bar. If we want to remain as top of serie a we can sell almost everyone, Higuain and our stadium pretty much guarentees a Serie A title. Every Italian teams sucks out there.

If you want to be there with the likes of RM, Barca and BM then you don't change half your team every year but finetune your shortcomings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)