Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
It was a bad deal because it locked a spot in the squad this season. If he had been signed and then resold, its good. But we got stuck with Lemina for a year to make 5m profit (if that)? bad move.
Only a 50-100% percent return on investment after a year, for taking up a place in a 25 man spot. Bad deal? Beppe has made plenty of bad deals but that is not one of them. Buying 29 year old mediocre pieces of shit like Rincon or Hernanes for 8 and 11 m is a bad deal for example.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Not saying that Beppe hasn't had some bad deals, but most of the ones you listed aren't very good examples. Lemina was a good signing overall, Gagliardini didn't cost 15 but 25 million, Anelka and Bendtner were alright, there to fill up the squad in case of an injury crisis and cost next to nothing.
even for 25m, he would have been a good deal. unless he suffers a career ending injury or inter ruins him, he's a starter cm for the nt for the next 8-10 years. he had juve written all over him, just like verratti.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Its annoying as Gagliardini`s talent was obvious to see - He is not as classy as Verratti but he is definitely a quality player!
As for Brahimi - good player but I`ll pass - He isnt an upgrade on what we have but he could be a decent bench player

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Its annoying as Gagliardini`s talent was obvious to see - He is not as classy as Verratti but he is definitely a quality player!
As for Brahimi - good player but I`ll pass - He isnt an upgrade on what we have but he could be a decent bench player
We dont have bench players on that position, but i think for the bench he will be too expensive (Porto...)

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Only a 50-100% percent return on investment after a year, for taking up a place in a 25 man spot. Bad deal? Beppe has made plenty of bad deals but that is not one of them. Buying 29 year old mediocre pieces of $#@! like Rincon or Hernanes for 8 and 11 m is a bad deal for example.
Yes its a bad deal and a poor transfer plan. 50-100% percent return isn't particularly significant for Juventus when the profit will be 5m and about 1-2m of that went to paying his salary anyway. We went into the season with a poor midfield because of Marotta. It doesn't mean much to have 5m next year in the pockets but a weakened squad this season that hurts your objectives. We basically switched to a 2-man midfield because of how bad most of our midfielders were, and that's Lemina. Who was signed when this situation was well known.

Marchisio was out, Pogba was sold, and the club chose to sign Lemina when we only had 2 quality midfielders available (Pjanic and Khedira). Poverty transfer. Its the kind of signing that Genoa or Palermo does were its made to land them quick cash but sets them up for failure on the field.

- - - Updated - - -

Not saying that Beppe hasn't had some bad deals, but most of the ones you listed aren't very good examples. Lemina was a good signing overall, Gagliardini didn't cost 15 but 25 million, Anelka and Bendtner were alright, there to fill up the squad in case of an injury crisis and cost next to nothing.
25m for Gagliardini then. It doesn't matter. His talent was the most obvious thing in the first half of the Serie A for anyone scouting Atalanta. After playing just 6 games he was called up by Ventura and just days after transferring he was already starting for Inter and permanently displaced their CMs. Failing to pay up for Verratti or Gagliardini are blunders when you turn around and sign Lemina, Sturaro, Hernanes and Rincon.

- - - Updated - - -

even for 25m, he would have been a good deal. unless he suffers a career ending injury or inter ruins him, he's a starter cm for the nt for the next 8-10 years. he had juve written all over him, just like verratti.
Exactly this.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Even if i rate verrati the best playmaker in the World with kroos and modric - Im not sure it would make sence to go for him as long as pjanic is here. A midfield with these to would never work - I dont know if the new system is long term - but in that system it would never work!

If We keep that system i would go for Alexis - that guy is pure worldclass! And has No problem with hard work - the One you see now is not normal - its clear He wants out!

If Douglas Costa really do cost 35 , it really is a No brainer! Would Best buisness ever! These days you get brozovic for that kind of money!

Finally We need a attacker, a backup and af midfielder! Tolisso perhaps? Havent seen enough of him to judge!

Out : Lemina, i actually like him but it dosnt work!
Sturaro , He is just NOT Good enough! I would keep asamoah, decent backup. Cant see is getting anyone better, without overpaying!
At €35m Douglas Costa is sensibly priced. Not exactly a "No Brainer" but I know what you mean.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If he wants out, and Ancelotti has no use for him, 35 seems reasonable. If an EPL team is involved, then forget 35 million. Those fucktards will always pay over the odds to secure their acquisitions. Hopefully that EPL bubble bursts sooner rather than later.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
At €35m Douglas Costa is sensibly priced. Not exactly a "No Brainer" but I know what you mean.
I don't know how serious his injury is, but if it isn't, Costa at 35 is a no brainer.

- - - Updated - - -

We need to play 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 next season, otherwise it will cost a lot more to have a complete team for 4-2-3-1.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I never got the dislike about Beppe's filler aquisitions.

During Beppe's first season, our turning point from second and looking to take over, to a freefall to 7th place, had nothing to do with the coach or quality.
We were relatively thin on forwards. Over the course of a month we went from a few forwards, to basically only del piero not injured. Main performer after Krasic went under, Quagliarella, out with knee inury most of all.

Del Neri is a limited coach, but given the players he was doing what was expected. When we were forced into change, his limitations caught up.

Eversince, Beppe has always made sure the squad was complete. Get that old fart on loan, just to make sure.

Sometimes, there was an idiot. Not referring to peasants who arent getting the above. No, talking about Lucio. Who was signed as 5th-6th CB, but then complained he was getting the playing time of a 5th-6th cb.
Some people just don't get how building a winning squad works. You need more than 11 players.

Nostradamus

Dec 12, 2012
:D

What price do you think he would go for?
There is no indication at all, that Bayern r even willing to sell. I personally wouldnt mind selling him for 50m+, but the Bayern board maybe think totally different.

IMO its clear, that Costa would like to get a pay rise, but he cannot pressure Bayern with crying through the media, as this would result in nothing and Bayern not rewarding such behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)