Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I knew after watching Brahimi against us that he'd be linked at some point :lol:
he had a great match at the stadium, he was like a one-man army. solely based on that match, i'd say break the bank for him. too bad he's not a very consistent player.

on a sidenote, beppe gets usually his transfers perfectly right, but did he miss some quality midfielders... verratti, gagliardini, dahoud, nainggolan are just a few players we could get at some point of their career. (you can argue about our chances of getting dahoud, tho.) anyway, we have/had sturaro, hernanes, pereyra, lemina, so no worries.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
:howler: He wasn't easy to like at all. I found him disgusting and annoying, and was exceptionally pleased when he shipped his limited ass off to Milan.
Indeed...

Also someone said he had a special partnership with Ale? For real? He was very selfish and bit difficult, his less then ideal reletionship with Ale was probably part of why he was sold to begin with.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
200 million? Sanchez has a 1 year contract, max 40 million. Douglas Costa was quoted at 35-40 million and idem Tolisso.. That not that much for a team like Juventus. Certainly if we sell Mandzukic and Lemina.
Good luck getting Sanchez for 40M when City, Chelsea, Bayern, PSG all want him

Nostradamus

Dec 12, 2012
200 million? Sanchez has a 1 year contract, max 40 million. Douglas Costa was quoted at 35-40 million and idem Tolisso.. That not that much for a team like Juventus. Certainly if we sell Mandzukic and Lemina.
Bayern paid 30m€ for Costa and he has increased his value since, so whoever 'quoted 35-40m' cannot be taken seriously. Anything below 50m€ would be a joke, but of course Kalle & Co. can be a joke, when it comes to selling. China wanted him and I have hope, he is kind of person attracted too much by the money.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Bayern paid 30m€ for Costa and he has increased his value since, so whoever 'quoted 35-40m' cannot be taken seriously. Anything below 50m€ would be a joke, but of course Kalle & Co. can be a joke, when it comes to selling. China wanted him and I have hope, he is kind of person attracted too much by the money.
Will Bayern get Brandt?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
he had a great match at the stadium, he was like a one-man army. solely based on that match, i'd say break the bank for him. too bad he's not a very consistent player.

on a sidenote, beppe gets usually his transfers perfectly right, but did he miss some quality midfielders... verratti, gagliardini, dahoud, nainggolan are just a few players we could get at some point of their career. (you can argue about our chances of getting dahoud, tho.) anyway, we have/had sturaro, hernanes, pereyra, lemina, so no worries.
:D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I think the plan is or better should be to get him in 2018 triggering his clause. There is not much sense in getting him earlier with paying 20-25m€ extra for one year. He is still pretty inconsistant and another year at Leverkusen would be the best for his development.
i saw on a local site that its a done dealio, then went to bild and saw it wasnt quite done yet but had the impression its gonna be finished soon. maybe they will simply agree terms with his agent for a contract and pay the clause in a year. or get it done this year if Costa leaves

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Beppe is the best, I wouldn't trade him for anyone. That said, it doesn't mean that he makes some strange decisions every once in a while. Verratti is the obvious one. Signing Lemina after the loan is another one. The Hernanes transfer. Missing out on Gagliardini for 15m. Anelka and Bendtner. etc.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Beppe is the best, I wouldn't trade him for anyone. That said, it doesn't mean that he makes some strange decisions every once in a while. Verratti is the obvious one. Signing Lemina after the loan is another one. The Hernanes transfer. Missing out on Gagliardini for 15m. Anelka and Bendtner. etc.
We bought Lemina for 9m. We had offers of 20m + last summer and I will bet you anything that he will be sold for more than 9m this summer. Hardly a bad deal.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
It was a bad deal because it locked a spot in the squad this season. If he had been signed and then resold, its good. But we got stuck with Lemina for a year to make 5m profit (if that)? bad move.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
I will never forget this situation, where they got the ceremony for winning the scudetto. On the way to the podium where they got their medal every player passes these two women whithout even watching them, but then came Lord Bentdner, who stopped and said hello to them..

:heart:

- - - Updated - - -

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Not saying that Beppe hasn't had some bad deals, but most of the ones you listed aren't very good examples. Lemina was a good signing overall, Gagliardini didn't cost 15 but 25 million, Anelka and Bendtner were alright, there to fill up the squad in case of an injury crisis and cost next to nothing.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I never got the dislike about Beppe's filler aquisitions.

During Beppe's first season, our turning point from second and looking to take over, to a freefall to 7th place, had nothing to do with the coach or quality.
We were relatively thin on forwards. Over the course of a month we went from a few forwards, to basically only del piero not injured. Main performer after Krasic went under, Quagliarella, out with knee inury most of all.

Del Neri is a limited coach, but given the players he was doing what was expected. When we were forced into change, his limitations caught up.

Eversince, Beppe has always made sure the squad was complete. Get that old fart on loan, just to make sure.

Sometimes, there was an idiot. Not referring to peasants who arent getting the above. No, talking about Lucio. Who was signed as 5th-6th CB, but then complained he was getting the playing time of a 5th-6th cb.

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
Even if i rate verrati the best playmaker in the World with kroos and modric - Im not sure it would make sence to go for him as long as pjanic is here. A midfield with these to would never work - I dont know if the new system is long term - but in that system it would never work!

If We keep that system i would go for Alexis - that guy is pure worldclass! And has No problem with hard work - the One you see now is not normal - its clear He wants out!

If Douglas Costa really do cost 35 , it really is a No brainer! Would Best buisness ever! These days you get brozovic for that kind of money!

Finally We need a attacker, a backup and af midfielder! Tolisso perhaps? Havent seen enough of him to judge!

Out : Lemina, i actually like him but it dosnt work!
Sturaro , He is just NOT Good enough! I would keep asamoah, decent backup. Cant see is getting anyone better, without overpaying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)