Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
:tup:
Like Van Nistelrooy, Crespo and Inzaghi.
If you have that killer instinct in the box, it more than makes up for any deficiencies or limitations in one's play.

The main requirement of a striker is to put the ball in the back of the net and Trezeguet did that with regularity.
Actually Van Nistelrooy and Crespo had an acceptable level of dribbling - Inzaghi is more comparable in that manner but Inzaghi had the best off the ball movement in the history of the game while his finishing skills compared to Trez were ridiculous and Inzaghi was a good finisher! Thats how much of a great finisher Trez was

Good post Boksic, seems like some like Orgut forget too easily what a clinical beast he was:

Nope didnt forget anything.. in terms of clinical he was the best I have ever seen!
He is definitely a great player but IMO a player need to help the team more than just shoot and head balls!

P.S Its not about his dribbling skills - its about him being a kind of a ghost unless he gets provided with an opportunity!
We all like Trez and appreciate his history with Juve but seriously he was great but you are making it like he was the best striker ever while thats clearly not the case (not denying he was a very good player though)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Football changed and standards of now are not applicable for past eras. In the modern game, you need complete players, BUT poachers were amazing to have before that and incredibly useful. You'd need to have a very intelligent player to know how to move properly. I loved poachers, still do, even if they're not as suited to the modern game.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Del Piero and Trez werr amazing. I remember Del Piero being top scorer and Trez was 1 goal behind. Despite Trez having already won it before and Ale having never won it when Juve got a penalty in the last game Ale let Trez take it so they could share the golden boot but Ale went on to score again in the match anyway and was top scorer in the league for the first time. Amazing stuff. One of the best Partnerships ever.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Del Piero and Trez werr amazing. I remember Del Piero being top scorer and Trez was 1 goal behind. Despite Trez having already won it before and Ale having never won it when Juve got a penalty in the last game Ale let Trez take it so they could share the golden boot but Ale went on to score again in the match anyway and was top scorer in the league for the first time. Amazing stuff. One of the best Partnerships ever.
:touched:

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
:heart:

:heart::touched:

General

Nov 23, 2016

the friendship between these two was great but the partnership between DelleP and Inzaghi was phenomenal

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
the friendship between these two was great but the partnership between DelleP and Inzaghi was phenomenal
Inzaghi was a player that is really easy to like - He had the best off the ball movement - The guy was always there on the right time to shoot a ball or just to tap in. In terms of clinical Trez was the best though..

Apr 29, 2006
Trezeguet at his best would be a potent weapon in every team. He might not be playing for 90 minutes against everyone, but he provides a very potent threat both on the counter and in possession. Dribblers with lower end product could be much costlier, even clinical strikers like Higuain that have an overall game on a much higher are often slipping where Trezeguet and Inzaghi never did - the vital shot, the one chance and big moment. And at the end of the day that is what a striker must do and the team needs the most. Its nice if he can relieve pressure, build up play or drop 50 meters, take the ball and destroy the defense on his own - but if he misses all those things are mostly a spectacle. Cold finishing is the name of the strikers game. That is why R9 was leaps and bounds in front of them all, cause he can do all those extras in an extraordinary way, but when it comes down to it - he was a master finisher.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
I remember this. A special moment. :touched:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Inzaghi was a player that is really easy to like - He had the best off the ball movement - The guy was always there on the right time to shoot a ball or just to tap in. In terms of clinical Trez was the best though..
:howler: He wasn't easy to like at all. I found him disgusting and annoying, and was exceptionally pleased when he shipped his limited ass off to Milan.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Brahimi anyone? TS reporting that we watched him play last night against benfica.

Personally, I think he will fit the team well, skillful and runs back to cover their fullback just like cuadrado. Providing he's not expensive we should go for him.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Brahimi anyone? TS reporting that we watched him play last night against benfica.

Personally, I think he will fit the team well, skillful and runs back to cover their fullback just like cuadrado. Providing he's not expensive we should go for him.
He plays for Porto, so he is expensive. I also think he has a high release clausle..

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I knew after watching Brahimi against us that he'd be linked at some point :lol:

He's an outlet, that is for certain. Very mobile and skillful. What would we use him as though?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I knew after watching Brahimi against us that he'd be linked at some point :lol:

He's an outlet, that is for certain. Very mobile and skillful. What would we use him as though?
I don't think we have a certain plan regarding mercato. Don't think anyone knows if Allegri is 100% staying and even if he is, no one knows what formation do we plan to play next season, so we'll probably do opportunity mercato with Beppe keeping an eye out for quality energetic midfielders and winger/ss type of attackers

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't think we have a certain plan regarding mercato. Don't think anyone knows if Allegri is 100% staying and even if he is, no one knows what formation do we plan to play next season, so we'll probably do opportunity mercato with Beppe keeping an eye out for quality energetic midfielders and winger/ss type of attackers
Eclectic players :beppe: Brahimi can play a few positions.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Spalletti also plays 4-2-3-1...
..and Mancini too:shifty:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Spalletti also plays 4-2-3-1...
..and Mancini too:shifty:
yeah, but our squad isn't really suited to 4231. we have a plethora of midfielders, but none of them complement each other very well in a double pivot, we'd have to sell plenty CM's and buy another one. we lose some of our best players if we field 2/5 CB's and Dybala out of position. we'd still need at least 2 players capable of playing LW and RW. it's a major overhaul to go for 4231 as our main option, it'd be easier to go for 352, but that'd take a monster midfielder signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)