Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
If we're talking about Verratti/Griezmann type of signings which are close to 100m I agree. Down at the Sanchez/James level which is around 40-50m I'd say it's possible.
Everyone keeps saying how Sanchez will go for 40-50mln and imo it's way too unrealistic seeing how prices look nowadays. I'm also not sure why would Real sell James for a 30-40mln loss in the end. If anything I think they can use him in a swap deal for some player.

:boh:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
No.

I'd easily keep Dybala. James is good but overrated and was massively overpaid by Real.
Dybala is definitely a great player but you can also argue he is overrated as well... He is being linked with a world record fee and he hasnt done anything yet...
He definitely has some amazing potential but he hasnt done even close to what Tevez did here... (Dybala is amazing and I hope we would resist any offer for him and let him fulfill his potential here though...)

James is great - He is fast, great off the ball movements, great dribbling, great at assisting and has great shots as well - He could even become better IMO - It is true he isnt a 80M player right now but he could easily be that player as much as Dybala could easily reach the 100M price tag level..

I definitely hope we get him but honestly I wouldnt be dissapointed with Tolisso+Bernardeschi even if my dreams are more of Verratti+Sanchez/James

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Everyone keeps saying how Sanchez will go for 40-50mln and imo it's way too unrealistic seeing how prices look nowadays. I'm also not sure why would Real sell James for a 30-40mln loss in the end. If anything I think they can use him in a swap deal for some player.

:boh:
because James was brought in as someone with potential to be one of the best players in the world, but now they sell him as their bench player, no way they'll recoup anything close to their original investment. if he was 5-6 years older he'd go to Milan for 20m. :p

Sanchez is worth more than 40m, but he wants out and is nearing the end of his contract, if he decides he wants a team he'll push towards them and Arsenal isn't the club that'll avoid low-balling.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I highly doubt we're gonna spend big without selling, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't seen much from Sergej but at the first look he looks limited and I think he's the type of player who either starts for Fiorentina or goes to Inter and disappears.
Imo hes the type of CM our midfield currently lacks in terms of holding the ball and bringing it up the pitch. We lost someone who can do this with Pogba gone, which is why we struggled early on in the season. Now I dont think he will be on the market this summer as I see Lazio wanting to keep him a little longer and selling him for more, but if there is a chance id jump on it

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.goalscout.com/video/fofana-alex-sandro-scontro-tra-massicci-a-udine-36691/

It's this poor guy from Udinese, who broke his leg against us 4 weeks ago...
Yeah id pass on injured Udinese players from now on (Isla)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Imo hes the type of CM our midfield currently lacks in terms of holding the ball and bringing it up the pitch. We lost someone who can do this with Pogba gone, which is why we struggled early on in the season. Now I dont think he will be on the market this summer as I see Lazio wanting to keep him a little longer and selling him for more, but if there is a chance id jump on it
I agree we need who can hold the ball and do the stuff Pogba was doing, but to go from Pogba's quality to Sergej? Looks way too desperate. We should focus on quality, not quantity.

There's no way we'll make a move forward (in Europe) if our transfer name is Sergej. For a rotation player, yeah maybe, but somebody to fill in the huge gap we have in the midfield? Hell no.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I agree we need who can hold the ball and do the stuff Pogba was doing, but to go from Pogba's quality to Sergej? Looks way too desperate. We should focus on quality, not quantity.

There's no way we'll make a move forward (in Europe) if our transfer name is Sergej. For a rotation player, yeah maybe, but somebody to fill in the huge gap we have in the midfield? Hell no.
Yeah hes not on Pogbas level but still a very good CM and still only 21 years old. + I still see us using the 4231 for the next season so hed be 4th choice mid at 1st until (and if ever) hes ready to take a starting role

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Nothing limited about Milinkovic-Savic, he is already good and will be excellent. His agent said he wants to stay at Lazio to grow, and will meet with the club soon. If he continues as he is, by the time he leaves Lazio he will be very expensive and very in-demand. We could use a player like him.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Maybe Beppe is tempting real to sell us James in a deal involving Dybala?. I hope it isnt... but maybe they are having some issues with his contract and got tired of it?.It would be ideal to have James as treq and return dybala to the right wing so he can cut in and shoot like he likes.

in the end, it seems thats his main trait and well we seem to be forced to return him there or risk wasting him. He doesnt like to be an AM and looks lost. use Cuadrado as DYbala´s sub Then we would need to find another guy to alternate with mandz, since he will be alone on that wing for next season unless Pjaca recovers on time which is unlikely.

How many players we should sign this summer?. We need variants for all attacking positions practically, if we keep the current position that is, which seems likely

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Maybe Beppe is tempting real to sell us James in a deal involving Dybala?. I hope it isnt... but maybe they are having some issues with his contract and got tired of it?.It would be ideal to have James as treq and return dybala to the right wing so he can cut in and shoot like he likes. in the end, it seems thats his main trait and well we seem to be forced to return him there or risk wasting him. He doesnt like to be an AM and looks lost. use Cuadrado as DYbala´s subThen we would need to find another guy to alternate with mandz, since he will be alone on that wing for next season unless Pjaca recovers on time which is unlikely.How many players we should sign this summer?. We need variants for all attacking positions practically.
:ratcafe:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Dybala is definitely a great player but you can also argue he is overrated as well... He is being linked with a world record fee and he hasnt done anything yet...
He definitely has some amazing potential but he hasnt done even close to what Tevez did here... (Dybala is amazing and I hope we would resist any offer for him and let him fulfill his potential here though...)

James is great - He is fast, great off the ball movements, great dribbling, great at assisting and has great shots as well - He could even become better IMO - It is true he isnt a 80M player right now but he could easily be that player as much as Dybala could easily reach the 100M price tag level..

I definitely hope we get him but honestly I wouldnt be dissapointed with Tolisso+Bernardeschi even if my dreams are more of Verratti+Sanchez/James
Nothing? Seriously? So far he always have been up to the level of each challenge. He only missed It was against Milán in Doha and he was so affected that you could still read articles two months where he talks about It.

First half of this season he wasn't good cuz Max was making him play way down and in Argentina Bauza made him play very defensively in the wing (a la Mandzo)

There's nothing random about RM and Farca chosing him over Hazard, Griezmann and Aubameyang.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Nothing? Seriously? So far he always have been up to the level of each challenge. He only missed It was against Milán in Doha and he was so affected that you could still read articles two months where he talks about It.

First half of this season he wasn't good cuz Max was making him play way down and in Argentina Bauza made him play very defensively in the wing (a la Mandzo)

There's nothing random about RM and Farca chosing him over Hazard, Griezmann and Aubameyang.
I didnt say he isnt good... He is definitely talented and a great player.. BUT he hasnt done anything yet - He didnt get to the level Tevez did here this is for sure - A player like him is expected to get there and exceed it and he might will, hell he might even run through it and never look back but right now he isnt..
Will he get to this level who knows maybe and maybe not - He has the talent to get there but sometime players as talented as him reach a ceiling and cant break it - Lets wait and see

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
bet ur ass he will play there if we keep this set up.
The funny thing is he'd be closer to goal as a RW in a 4-3-3 than as whatever he is supposed to be right now in this current setup.

The amount of times he actually touches it in his favourite spot is actually far less than in the 3-5-2 even.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The funny thing is he'd be closer to goal as a RW in a 4-3-3 than as whatever he is supposed to be right now in this current setup.

The amount of times he actually touches it in his favourite spot is actually far less than in the 3-5-2 even.
Exactly. And i dont know why guys here automatically believe that he MUST play like cuadrado on that position?. He will obvs be tracking back less and will be heavily focused on cutting in and be near that side of the goal line.

His best attribute is his endproduct, so he should exploit that. But he also can put some work in the creative department without having to be hugging the line like a pure winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)