Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 13, 2010
our future is really bright, lirola and spinazzolla will come next season, we will wave goodbye to licht and asamoah. can on free would be low-risk, also orsolini and caldara will come

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Sold Bonucci to Milan and donated Alves to PSG.
Replaced them with DeSciglio and Höwedes.

Chasing a CM and end up with Matuidi.

Bought Bernardeschi and Costa.

Overall lot's of ok-ish deals, but nothing more. 6-7/10, leaning more towards a 6 though, and i'm generous.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
overall pretty decent mercato

attack is improved a lot, midfield is better and defensively obviously worse however.... I think defensively it will only be a bit worse and Rugani can hopefully step up big. we'll feel the loss at RB but the extra attacking options hopefully of starting berna and costa with dybala and higuain should make up in different ways for bonucci's long balls and DA in general. I think RB is most concerning. Signing Can on the last day would be a great way to close the mercato. probably 7-7.5 for me regardless.

Epic

Jan 7, 2013
The negative attitude towards this mercato is beyond me.

W have signed 5 world class players/ talents in:

• Costa;
  • Bernardeschi;
  • Matuidi;
  • Howedes;
  • Szczesny
Costa and Bernardeschi are players that a few mercatos ago we would not be able to get. These would be another Draxler sagas where we would pull out because we would not meet the requested price. Now because we got them easily, everyone is just treating it like its everyday’s business.

Matuidi and Howedes
are two established, first team, world-class players, that we got on amazing terms.

Szczesny allows us for easy transition after Buffon retires and we got him for 12 mln.

We have greatly strengthened the positions where we were lacking in last year – wingers and central midfield. Last year we had an amazing team, but no offensive alternatives and no workhorse in midfield. This year we solved both problems with great talent. Additionally we have Kean who has room to grow in this formation, and can prove a viable option.

We managed to keep Alex Sandro and Dybala. Now everyone is taking it for granted but it is a great achievement in light of 70 and 160 mln bids respectively.

We got also two very good talents in De Sciglio and Bentancur.

Writing De Scigilo off after a single cameo is beyond me. He was great last year under Conte during the Euros, and there is a very good chance that he will find his feet again under Allegri.

Bentancur is already making an impact, entering the pitch in a delicate moment against Genoa. The fact that Allegri introduced him under these circumstances is an evidence that our coach rates him very high.

Yes we lost Bonucci and Alves, but..

Dani Alves was not a defender in our setup but a winger – we got two great wingers instead. He was old and most probably would decline and cause problems in the dressing room.

Bonucci’s loss was painful indeed. Nevertheless we are stacked in central defense. It gives Rugani room to grow. His exit also means that we are finally moving from being a team relying mostly on defenders, also for creating play, to the team that must shift its focus to offense.

Admittedly, it’s a shame that we lost out on Shick. On my part I must add, that we should have also gone for Kessie. Both of them will be huge.

We also got rid of dead weight in Lemina and Rincon. For Lemina we got a very good deal.

What is more, this is the second season of Higuain and Pjanic, who will have an even greater impact than last year.

Dybala will become a leader that he is supposed to be. Same with Alex Sandro.

The future is looking bright and this mercato was an important step in making us a true CL contender again. Our team is truly impressive.

All of this great work was done with only 20 mln deficit at the time when Dembeles of this world are sold for 150 mln. Grande Beppe!

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Sold Bonucci to Milan and donated Alves to PSG.
Replaced them with DeSciglio and Höwedes.

Chasing a CM and end up with Matuidi.

Bought Bernardeschi and Costa.

Overall lot's of ok-ish deals, but nothing more. 6-7/10, leaning more towards a 6 though, and i'm generous.
Both Khedira and Marchisio being injured if we get another good CM I'll give it a 8.5/10. It sucked to lose two of our best players and although our replacements aren't as talented they're much better than the "Italian replacements " we've grown to expect. Matuidi and Howedes are solid signings as well.

digitalbash

Dec 19, 2013
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Cool. Just disable and delete your account. This forum is for actual fans.
i hope you know disable and delete are two different things. If you delete, why would I need to disable? You seemed to be confused. Makes sense, because you're also confused at what this club should be doing. It also seems you're confused at what is right decision and a wrong one. You seem confused if the board makes the right choice, because for whatever reason you're always supporting them. I don't like arguing with confused people. Its a waste of time and energy.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #20,375
    You know its not that exciting of a mercato when we dont even have a live last day mercato thread.. @Mark ?
    true but we can't expect anything.

- - - Updated - - -

@Mark can we get a poll for how people rate the mercato pls
    @Mark says he can't do poll. Dusan can tho
    when it closes.:beer:

- - - Updated - - -

Today? To Galatasaray? @Mark?
    maybe for a little more than 4m, maybe.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    i hope you know disable and delete are two different things. If you delete, why would I need to disable? You seemed to be confused. Makes sense, because you're also confused at what this club should be doing. It also seems you're confused at what is right decision and a wrong one. You seem confused if the board makes the right choice, because for whatever reason you're always supporting them. I don't like arguing with confused people. Its a waste of time and energy.
    You seem confused on the difference between a fan (us) and a faux fan (you). There is a term I think it's called fair-weather fan that you seem to be striving for. Try the Real Madrid forums I hear they are, in your words, "making the right choices".

- - - Updated - - -

meh. I don't even care that much about Juventus anymore. I'm a casual fan until further notice. This summer mercato was horrible. I don't expect anything from the team in Europe or in Italy tbh.
    Requoted to refresh your memory.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    overall pretty decent mercato

attack is improved a lot, midfield is better and defensively obviously worse however.... I think defensively it will only be a bit worse and Rugani can hopefully step up big. we'll feel the loss at RB but the extra attacking options hopefully of starting berna and costa with dybala and higuain should make up in different ways for bonucci's long balls and DA in general. I think RB is most concerning. Signing Can on the last day would be a great way to close the mercato. probably 7-7.5 for me regardless.
    Are you the Zoso that complained about the new GTA expansion on the gta forum btw ? :D

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    The negative attitude towards this mercato is beyond me.

W have signed 5 world class players/ talents in:

• Costa;
    • Bernardeschi;
    • Matuidi;
    • Howedes;
    • Szczesny
    Costa and Bernardeschi are players that a few mercatos ago we would not be able to get. These would be another Draxler sagas where we would pull out because we would not meet the requested price. Now because we got them easily, everyone is just treating it like its everyday’s business.

Matuidi and Howedes
    are two established, first team, world-class players, that we got on amazing terms.

Szczesny allows us for easy transition after Buffon retires and we got him for 12 mln.

We have greatly strengthened the positions where we were lacking in last year – wingers and central midfield. Last year we had an amazing team, but no offensive alternatives and no workhorse in midfield. This year we solved both problems with great talent. Additionally we have Kean who has room to grow in this formation, and can prove a viable option.

We managed to keep Alex Sandro and Dybala. Now everyone is taking it for granted but it is a great achievement in light of 70 and 160 mln bids respectively.

We got also two very good talents in De Sciglio and Bentancur.

Writing De Scigilo off after a single cameo is beyond me. He was great last year under Conte during the Euros, and there is a very good chance that he will find his feet again under Allegri.

Bentancur is already making an impact, entering the pitch in a delicate moment against Genoa. The fact that Allegri introduced him under these circumstances is an evidence that our coach rates him very high.

Yes we lost Bonucci and Alves, but..

Dani Alves was not a defender in our setup but a winger – we got two great wingers instead. He was old and most probably would decline and cause problems in the dressing room.

Bonucci’s loss was painful indeed. Nevertheless we are stacked in central defense. It gives Rugani room to grow. His exit also means that we are finally moving from being a team relying mostly on defenders, also for creating play, to the team that must shift its focus to offense.

Admittedly, it’s a shame that we lost out on Shick. On my part I must add, that we should have also gone for Kessie. Both of them will be huge.

We also got rid of dead weight in Lemina and Rincon. For Lemina we got a very good deal.

What is more, this is the second season of Higuain and Pjanic, who will have an even greater impact than last year.

Dybala will become a leader that he is supposed to be. Same with Alex Sandro.

The future is looking bright and this mercato was an important step in making us a true CL contender again. Our team is truly impressive.

All of this great work was done with only 20 mln deficit at the time when Dembeles of this world are sold for 150 mln. Grande Beppe!
    @zizinho

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)