Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
In overall terms weirdest mercato ever.

Lukaku and Morata signed out of the blue for MU and Chelsea.
PSG bought a 220M Neymar so easy like a grandma buying milk on sunday morning
Shick doing a medical with us and the deal collapsing.
Llorente doing at medical at Tottenham while Pochettino is still trying to convince him to join spurs

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
My co-workers say PSG are better than Juventus cause they signed Neymar...
They might be right.. But they are probably arent...
I heard for years this team is better than Juve
Last year for example I said I wanted Dortmund and someone said Dortmund are better than us (which obviously they are not...)
People tend to rate the flashy more than true quality and thats why Barcelona will still be rated by some while we are probably the stronger team right now..
Alves and Neymar should improve PSG but its not just about players but about formation set up mentality and work as a unit..
On paper if you take Juve and PSG they might be right as our defense isnt the fearsome defense it was although it still should be considered as the best in the world...
Midfield wise our mid isnt really great as there are teams with much better mid
Pjanic vs Verratti while our partner to Pjanic isnt really great..
attacking midfielders and attack is easily PSG as Cavani Higuain - When both on form they are level but now its obvious Higuain is not on form.. Neymar vs Dybala - I like Dybala but Neymar is probably the better player for now..
Di Maria&Draxler vs D.Costa Mandzukic/Bernardeschi - I think you know who is better here
RB Alves>De Sciglio or whoever we put there..
LB we are better
CB they have T.Silva who is great but his partner isnt amazing while we have Chiellini and Rugani/Benatia/Barzagli/Howedes - Defense wise we have much more depth and quality wise it is safe to say we are probably better there..
On paper PSG and Juve should fight it head to head with PSG being the team that attacks more.. (despite having Neymar this season and not last season) you could say the same last season.. Where PSG got their ass served by Barca we won one game 3-0 and should actually win the 2nd as we were much sharper and smarter at Barcelona as well..
What Im trying to say is its more than just players..
Id still wish we had Verratti Draxler Di Maria Cavani and Neymar though..

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
@Mark any last minute Keita/Schick alternatives? Or they trust Kean? I mean if we were interested of those two players, surely it means we wanted another option/backup striker.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Marc where you one of the guys that didnt like Bonucci ?
No, mate. I rate Bonucci very highly. But honestly, I prefer the likes of Chiellini, for example.

- - - Updated - - -

@Mark can we get a poll for how people rate the mercato pls
:baus:

- - - Updated - - -

The negative attitude towards this mercato is beyond me.

W have signed 5 world class players/ talents in:

• Costa;
  • Bernardeschi;
  • Matuidi;
  • Howedes;
  • Szczesny
Costa and Bernardeschi are players that a few mercatos ago we would not be able to get. These would be another Draxler sagas where we would pull out because we would not meet the requested price. Now because we got them easily, everyone is just treating it like its everyday’s business.

Matuidi and Howedes
are two established, first team, world-class players, that we got on amazing terms.

Szczesny allows us for easy transition after Buffon retires and we got him for 12 mln.

We have greatly strengthened the positions where we were lacking in last year – wingers and central midfield. Last year we had an amazing team, but no offensive alternatives and no workhorse in midfield. This year we solved both problems with great talent. Additionally we have Kean who has room to grow in this formation, and can prove a viable option.

We managed to keep Alex Sandro and Dybala. Now everyone is taking it for granted but it is a great achievement in light of 70 and 160 mln bids respectively.

We got also two very good talents in De Sciglio and Bentancur.

Writing De Scigilo off after a single cameo is beyond me. He was great last year under Conte during the Euros, and there is a very good chance that he will find his feet again under Allegri.

Bentancur is already making an impact, entering the pitch in a delicate moment against Genoa. The fact that Allegri introduced him under these circumstances is an evidence that our coach rates him very high.

Yes we lost Bonucci and Alves, but..

Dani Alves was not a defender in our setup but a winger – we got two great wingers instead. He was old and most probably would decline and cause problems in the dressing room.

Bonucci’s loss was painful indeed. Nevertheless we are stacked in central defense. It gives Rugani room to grow. His exit also means that we are finally moving from being a team relying mostly on defenders, also for creating play, to the team that must shift its focus to offense.

Admittedly, it’s a shame that we lost out on Shick. On my part I must add, that we should have also gone for Kessie. Both of them will be huge.

We also got rid of dead weight in Lemina and Rincon. For Lemina we got a very good deal.

What is more, this is the second season of Higuain and Pjanic, who will have an even greater impact than last year.

Dybala will become a leader that he is supposed to be. Same with Alex Sandro.

The future is looking bright and this mercato was an important step in making us a true CL contender again. Our team is truly impressive.

All of this great work was done with only 20 mln deficit at the time when Dembeles of this world are sold for 150 mln. Grande Beppe!
Classy post, mate.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@Mark can we get a poll for how people rate the mercato pls
Before we see how players perform , the highest rating this can get at best is 7/10.

And that's being generous imo. For me a 6 due how we decimated the defense quality and not adding a RB thats even half as good.

Only real certifiable positive note for me is upgrading our wing options alot.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)