Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2017
Renato Sanches to Swansea. lol
it seems mosts team have asked for loan option to buy, yet Bayern only wanted dry loan. actually this move makes sense, considering Clement was Ancelotti's assistant at PSG, Real and Bayern. This kid has massive potential but he doesn't know how to use it. A starter place for him was a must because of it.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Verratti collapsed because of player exchanges and then Qatar stepped in, and he also wouldn't have exploded as quickly at Juve given our midfield. We can only stack so many players.

- - - Updated - - -

- Transfer values are far higher now
- Prem teams have money to throw around
- He's just come off a 15-goal league season
- He was allowed to go for free for personal reasons
- We signed him for free and he had a high salary to get off our books
- Yes we could have got a small fee for him, but buyer held all the cards given the above

So it doesn't show an awful lot really, it's the same as the Tevez deal.
we also had offers from Monaco and EPL but Llorente refused them, so thats on him not Beppe. but to be fair, he sat out an entire season to come here, letting him chose where to go was something we were always gonna do with him

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Problem with Losing both Keita and Shick is that arguably they are the two best offensive talent in Serie A under 23 years old bar Dybala. They were attainable at bargain prices and we had leverage to get them both.
Transfer fees exploded and the coming years we want have chances like to get talent like these two at 30mil.
So we may not needed them now, but it would've been a great plan for the future.
Calma.

It's not like there won't be more exciting talents coming up in the next year or two. They are always out there somewhere.

digitalbash

Dec 19, 2013
meh. I don't even care that much about Juventus anymore. I'm a casual fan until further notice. This summer mercato was horrible. I don't expect anything from the team in Europe or in Italy tbh.

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
So Lazio were lucky they got 30+ for Keita. I agree that its crazy that clubs gives 30 for a player that has one year left, but wake up marotta! Its 2017, even if Im not keitas biggest fan , What does it matter to pay 30, When hes value with a 4 year contract is close to 50?

In todays market 30 for his calibre is an absolute steal! Isnt chambarlain moving to Liverpool for like 45?

Mourinho was right last year saying Pogba was cheap. How much would he be sold for this year? 180?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)