Summer Mercato season 2023-24 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Wing back and full back is about the same as a striker and a goalkeeper, the roles, dynamics and responsibilities within the tactical shape are very different. If they were similar we'd ditch buying full backs and play chiesa at full back instead given his past roles at wingback
It's not. Those are polar opposites. The dynamics and responsibilities are basically the same in a wingback or fullback role. It just depends on when the other wingback goes up or down the field to keep a back four or not and change the attacking/defensive % of play but the defending or attacking plays itself don't change jack shit.

It's basically like the 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 debate while it's a matter of 4-5 metres difference on the field.

Chiesa is not a wing or fullback and hasn't done any of both roles succesfully which is exactly why there's talk of selling him or him being a seconda punta according to Max... So stop comparing apples and oranges.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Imagine Chiesa to fucking Villa. What is this world. :D

Did you not read the part of Chiesa not interested. He knows his worth. Any time he is rumoured to Newcastle and Villa types him or his agent makes it clear he isnt interested. Being best player in Juve is more worth for him.

I worry more when Liverpool or Man U would bid for him.

sacron

May 16, 2010
Did you not read the part of Chiesa not interested. He knows his worth. Any time he is rumoured to Newcastle and Villa types him or his agent makes it clear he isnt interested. Being best player in Juve is more worth for him.

I worry more when Liverpool or Man U would bid for him.
I know. But just the rumours about it is hilarious. A waste of fucking space.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I know. But just the rumours about it is hilarious. A waste of fucking space.

Sadly it won't stop, they have alot of money and now they see Serie A as their poorer farmer league, so they will keep getting more ballsy and bid as much and as often as they can.

They know money talks. The gap has widened so much a small to midtable team there is way richer then most non EPL teams not named Real, Bayern or PSG (i was close to saying barca but they barely hanging on).

Apr 12, 2004
Sadly it won't stop, they have alot of money and now they see Serie A as their poorer farmer league, so they will keep getting more ballsy and bid as much and as often as they can.

They know money talks. The gap has widened so much a small to midtable team there is way richer then most non EPL teams not named Real, Bayern or PSG (i was close to saying barca but they barely hanging on).
Just in TV revenue money, the last team in the EPL makes more money than the winner of the Serie A.

Now, think about advertising and game-day revenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)