Summer mercato 2021-22 (55 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Pjanic is so past it, it's not even funny. We should not help Barfa with their deadwood, we've got enough already.

I'd only bring Pjanic is they took our deadwood, like Ramsey. Otherwise, they can go look elsewhere for help, lol.

It's disappointing we failed to close he Locatelli deal one week before the season starts. Loca should have been here already and Max would use him in tonight's test for his setup. After all the deal will be closed at 35m+ so not that much of a difference from what Sass asked for.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Obviously a disappointing mercato so far and unlikely to get much better by the sounds of it. Even if we manage to get Locatelli - I consider him to be a better midfielder than what we have but thats not exactly saying much - I don't consider him world class. In fact, I would say that many of the non ancient national team players (except Chiesa and Donarumma and Spina) are made to look way better than what they actually are based on how well Mancini got the team to work together.

Serie A is winnable given how Inter has self destructed financially. But Europe seems way way too optimistic with a quarter final place looking like a trophy in itself. Still, sometimes the strongest teams on paper don't win the cups (as Italy showed at the Euros). That would be our only hope - that Allegri works his magic and brings out the best of the team - especially the midfield. But I suspect our only hope in Europe is to play on the counter as our midfield sucks too badly but we have good men in defense and attack.

The defense and attack in my opinion are very good even by European standards. The midfield though is worse than some mid table teams in the EPL. The fact that McKennie was at times our best midfielder last season sais it all.

Before the mercato started, my hope was that we completely reshaped it. I wanted Bentancur, Bernardeschi, Ramsay and maybe even Rabiot out and bring in at least 1 truly world class midfielder along with someone like Locatelli and use youth options for back up given our lack of funds. So the fact that we are only looking for Locatelli is a big dissapointment.

If I remain hopefull, maybe Allegri can turn Rabiot into a world class mid with more consistency and can somehow make Bentancur a decent player or do something amazing with McKennie.
Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Can. That was Liverpool's midfield when they reached the cl final in 2018.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Get a Bernatar.

Join the movement before it becomes mainstream.
I’m done with this guy. Completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh.

I thought that was a joke :lol:
Just for a seasons loan. He’ll do more than the bloke who pretends to play the guitar.

In fact. Im gonna tweet Jesse and Agnelli now to get the deal done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)