Summer mercato 2021-22 (162 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Clearly we're banking on the rest of Serie A sucking more than us and tbh it's not a bad strategy. Don't expect much in Europe.
I wouldn't expect much in Europe even if we manage to sign Locatelli.

But I don't see us beating PSG, City, Bayern whoever we sign. We'd probably give a good fight against others, though, since both Real and Barca seem quite weaken.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I wouldn't expect much in Europe even if we manage to sign Locatelli.

But I don't see us beating PSG, City, Bayern whoever we sign. We'd probably give a good fight against others, though, since both Real and Barca seem quite weaken.
Yep. I think we can expect quarters at best, depending on the draw.

As for Serie A, do we have any real rivals this year? Even if our team isn't that great, inter is a mess, Roma is Roma, Milan mostly sucks. I can see Atalanta finishing top 2, but probably won't be consistent enough to win it unless we give it to them.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yep. I think we can expect quarters at best, depending on the draw.

As for Serie A, do we have any real rivals this year? Even if our team isn't that great, inter is a mess, Roma is Roma, Milan mostly sucks. I can see Atalanta finishing top 2, but probably won't be consistent enough to win it unless we give it to them.
I think we'll crush Serie A. I also don't think Atalanta will get 2nd, most likely drop below. But yeah, I don't see any tough opponents for us. It's not like I see us as an unbeatable force but I expect us to be way more consistent with our results than all other teams where I expect huge fluctuations. I expect Roma to do good but not Inter, not when they lost Conte and Lukaku.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I think we'll crush Serie A. I also don't think Atalanta will get 2nd, most likely drop below. But yeah, I don't see any tough opponents for us. It's not like I see us as an unbeatable force but I expect us to be way more consistent with our results than all other teams where I expect huge fluctuations. I expect Roma to do good but not Inter, not when they lost Conte and Lukaku.
Atalanta are a very well coached team and they have managed to keep a lot of their good players. They are going to be a difficult team to beat this season that’s for sure

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Obviously a disappointing mercato so far and unlikely to get much better by the sounds of it. Even if we manage to get Locatelli - I consider him to be a better midfielder than what we have but thats not exactly saying much - I don't consider him world class. In fact, I would say that many of the non ancient national team players (except Chiesa and Donarumma and Spina) are made to look way better than what they actually are based on how well Mancini got the team to work together.

Serie A is winnable given how Inter has self destructed financially. But Europe seems way way too optimistic with a quarter final place looking like a trophy in itself. Still, sometimes the strongest teams on paper don't win the cups (as Italy showed at the Euros). That would be our only hope - that Allegri works his magic and brings out the best of the team - especially the midfield. But I suspect our only hope in Europe is to play on the counter as our midfield sucks too badly but we have good men in defense and attack.

The defense and attack in my opinion are very good even by European standards. The midfield though is worse than some mid table teams in the EPL. The fact that McKennie was at times our best midfielder last season sais it all.

Before the mercato started, my hope was that we completely reshaped it. I wanted Bentancur, Bernardeschi, Ramsay and maybe even Rabiot out and bring in at least 1 truly world class midfielder along with someone like Locatelli and use youth options for back up given our lack of funds. So the fact that we are only looking for Locatelli is a big dissapointment.

If I remain hopefull, maybe Allegri can turn Rabiot into a world class mid with more consistency and can somehow make Bentancur a decent player or do something amazing with McKennie.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Obviously a disappointing mercato so far and unlikely to get much better by the sounds of it. Even if we manage to get Locatelli - I consider him to be a better midfielder than what we have but thats not exactly saying much - I don't consider him world class. In fact, I would say that many of the non ancient national team players (except Chiesa and Donarumma and Spina) are made to look way better than what they actually are based on how well Mancini got the team to work together.

Serie A is winnable given how Inter has self destructed financially. But Europe seems way way too optimistic with a quarter final place looking like a trophy in itself. Still, sometimes the strongest teams on paper don't win the cups (as Italy showed at the Euros). That would be our only hope - that Allegri works his magic and brings out the best of the team - especially the midfield. But I suspect our only hope in Europe is to play on the counter as our midfield sucks too badly but we have good men in defense and attack.

The defense and attack in my opinion are very good even by European standards. The midfield though is worse than some mid table teams in the EPL. The fact that McKennie was at times our best midfielder last season sais it all.

Before the mercato started, my hope was that we completely reshaped it. I wanted Bentancur, Bernardeschi, Ramsay and maybe even Rabiot out and bring in at least 1 truly world class midfielder along with someone like Locatelli and use youth options for back up given our lack of funds. So the fact that we are only looking for Locatelli is a big dissapointment.

If I remain hopefull, maybe Allegri can turn Rabiot into a world class mid with more consistency and can somehow make Bentancur a decent player or do something amazing with McKennie.
We can go to final if we actually get Donnaruma, just play 0-0 bored draw for both match and win on penalty shoot out
And put penalty session every day in training because we know what we need to achieve and how to achieve that. Just focus on that

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Our biggest challenge last season was our players trying to figure out what the fuck pirlo wanted from them. This won't be the case under allegri.

We don't have the best midfield going around but under allegri I expect rabiot mckennie and bentacur to play consistently better. If pjanic came in on loan I wouldn't be sad at all..Arthur is a huge question mark, ramsey will be injured. I see it being beneficial overall..note, pirlo came in at a similar age and many said he was cooked.

A fit dybala is a key for us but even then we have ronaldo chiesa kuku and morata should dybala miss parts of the season again.

My only true fear is the oldies down back staying fit all season.

I really believe we will be at the top again next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 140)