Summer mercato 2021-22 (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
So Euros are finished. Now this should get fun.

Let the rumour & market drama begin.
Then we sign Locatelli and say our market is closed..

Seriously now its quite obvious Locatelli will join and if we can offload some jabronis we get another player. Attack - probably some loan with option or something like that - I dont expect anything special unless we offload Ronaldo

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
As long as CR7 is still here earning his 30m/season, I'm pretty sure Locatelli will be the only 'big' signing. Other deals could be a couple of youngsters and bench players.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Had we kept Sarri last year. Hed be playing for us. Sarri would be gone, Jorginho would have remained. Bad business. Jorginho instead of Arthur would be huge improvement. Hope we can still get him. I see it impossible to get Loca and Jorginho this summer.

P.s. a Juventino friend asked during lunch break asked me what happened to 400m we got? Did we spend it already? Can that cash injection be used in this summer mercato @Mark

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7,490
    Had we kept Sarri last year. Hed be playing for us. Sarri would be gone, Jorginho would have remained. Bad business. Jorginho instead of Arthur would be huge improvement. Hope we can still get him. I see it impossible to get Loca and Jorginho this summer.

P.s. a Juventino friend asked during lunch break asked me what happened to 400m we got? Did we spend it already? Can that cash injection be used in this summer mercato @Mark
    money not coming yet. Cheap mercato for a year or two.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
    We're pretty much set in defence and attack, but man, dat midfield. If we start the season with these 5 players it's another disaster waiting to happen.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
    Just raid Atalanta please. Get Mæhle or Gosens, get Romero (if any chance). Get Muriel or Zapata and forget about the attack. Jannik Vestergaard from Denmark has been immense this tournament as well. However as he plays for Southhampton, his price is probably super inflated even if he is a bit of an unknown. Pierre-Emile from Spurs has been a monster too.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    Dont recall anyone wanting jorginho when he was rumoured in the past. Some say we are set on defense now cuz chiellini and bonucci got through a euro and looked like they were in their 20s again.

Amazing what a good tournament can do for players.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
    Im concerned about defense as well. Leo and Chiellini, long seasons behind them and age isn't helping with the Chiello's injuries. De Ligt and Leo prob the starting pair and we should be fine but how about LB/RB? Danilo, Cuads, AS that's it? Berna on LB?

We should definitely sell one of our attacking players, Dybala being the most obvious one. CR, Chiesa, Kulu, Morata are more than great, given there's youth and experience. They're all fast, we could build on speed and Dybala isn't offering anything in there. Rabiot is our best mid, should be untouchable. Rabiot + Locatelli would be something, but it still screams someone else than Benta/Arthur in there.

Maybe it's better to get rid of Demiral, go with Leo and De Ligt mostly and sign another Italian CB when the time is right. Danilo can play CB too, Chiello will be there for whatever amount. Get rid of Demiral and Dybala, that should be close to 100m, or atleast 80-90m and we could get Locatelli for 40m and sign someone else for the middle + LB.

Will be interesting too see how it goes and im quite dissapointed if we ain't trying to get younger ASAP.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Bad business? Lol. Firing Sarri was great business. He was a shit coach here. We just hired the wrong replacement obviously.

Jorginho was quite average in his first two seasons at Chelsea, including the one under Sarri, and then had a fantastic year this season.

If we had bought him coming off his Napoli days at 26-27 that would have been great (obviously wasn’t happening as he followed Sarri to Chelsea), but buying him now, turning 30 in December, on the big wages and big fee he would command due to his career best year, that would be Higuain transfer level stupidity.

Locatelli and save whatever we have after for a more attack-minded B2B. We don’t need Jorginho and Locatelli, while already stuck with Arthur.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)