Summer mercato 2021-22 (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Dont recall anyone wanting jorginho when he was rumoured in the past. Some say we are set on defense now cuz chiellini and bonucci got through a euro and looked like they were in their 20s again.

Amazing what a good tournament can do for players.
Exactly. I thought Jorginho was pretty good, really tidy with the ball. It's not like he was sending guys in on goal every single game. He was passing sideways like he always does. Average defensively, which is probably better than he is with Chelsea.

Of course, if you put two pitbulls in front like Verratti and Barella, most will look good.

And Bonucci and Chiellini had a wall in front of them every single match. They got run at a couple times, one time they get done by Morata.

Moral of the story is BUY CMs. They fix everything.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Bad business? Lol. Firing Sarri was great business. He was a shit coach here. We just hired the wrong replacement obviously.

Jorginho was quite average in his first two seasons at Chelsea, including the one under Sarri, and then had a fantastic year this season.

If we had bought him coming off his Napoli days at 26-27 that would have been great (obviously wasn’t happening as he followed Sarri to Chelsea), but buying him now, turning 30 in December, on the big wages and big fee he would command due to his career best year, that would be Higuain transfer level stupidity.

Locatelli and save whatever we have after for a more attack-minded B2B. We don’t need Jorginho and Locatelli, while already stuck with Arthur.
Too much Euro 2020 euphoria around here.

Fagjinho has had an amazing year ofcourse but it makes little sense spending money on a 30 year old in the current climate.

Let's build on younger talent please.

Jun 16, 2020
Exactly. I thought Jorginho was pretty good, really tidy with the ball. It's not like he was sending guys in on goal every single game. He was passing sideways like he always does. Average defensively, which is probably better than he is with Chelsea.

Of course, if you put two pitbulls in front like Verratti and Barella, most will look good.

And Bonucci and Chiellini had a wall in front of them every single match. They got run at a couple times, one time they get done by Morata.

Moral of the story is BUY CMs. They fix everything.
No offense mate, but I’m starting to dislike the ‘he only passes sideways’ arguments. I think that positioning and especially not losing the ball are main attributes for someone who plays in his position. We’ve seen how destructive it can be if a regista loses the ball in front of the goal like Bentancur did last season. It saved Italy against Spain for example, and it was the key of keeping possession in the other games.

Defensive coverage and distribution the ball to the other midfielders are his main duties, the problem with many Juve fans is that we’re spoiled after seeing Pirlo bossing other teams, but the truth is that players like Pirlo, or similar guys like the Barca generation, aren’t available to us.

Obviously we shouldn’t bomb our budget on Jorginho, but I think in general we have to adjust our expectations of a regista. It’s more about having a midfield full of players who compliment each other like you rightfully said, therefore I hope that we’ll buy two midfielders.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
No offense mate, but I’m starting to dislike the ‘he only passes sideways’ arguments. I think that positioning and especially not losing the ball are main attributes for someone who plays in his position. We’ve seen how destructive it can be if a regista loses the ball in front of the goal like Bentancur did last season. It saved Italy against Spain for example, and it was the key of keeping possession in the other games.

Defensive coverage and distribution the ball to the other midfielders are his main duties, the problem with many Juve fans is that we’re spoiled after seeing Pirlo bossing other teams, but the truth is that players like Pirlo, or similar guys like the Barca generation, aren’t available to us.

Obviously we shouldn’t bomb our budget on Jorginho, but I think in general we have to adjust our expectations of a regista. It’s more about having a midfield full of players who compliment each other like you rightfully said, therefore I hope that we’ll buy two midfielders.
I didn't say it in a negative way. But it is what it is. Like I said, I could see if he was breaking the lines with his passing but he wasn't. Was he passing it straight to the other team though? Of course not.

How much money would you realistically spend on a 30 year old with these attributes though?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Agree about the sideways passing arguments

same was used on marchisio

F those people that knocked Cheesio for that argument

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
The reality is we don't need both jorginho and locatelli. Not unless we are cleaning out the whole midfield and starting with a blank canvas.

Locatelli should be the DM, rabiot the LCM, and if we have any cash available lets upgrade for the RCM. But highly doubt we will have that cash.

Cbs are a hard one...we have 5 right now...2 of which will not be here by the time the season starts. Rugani and demiral. Danilo is better on the right of a 3 man defense which i don't think allegri will play. Bonucci and chiellini will need resting. Really only leaves MDL as a player who if available could play out the whole season. I think we need at least one more who can challenge for a starting role.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Bad business? Lol. Firing Sarri was great business. He was a shit coach here. We just hired the wrong replacement obviously.

Jorginho was quite average in his first two seasons at Chelsea, including the one under Sarri, and then had a fantastic year this season.

If we had bought him coming off his Napoli days at 26-27 that would have been great (obviously wasn’t happening as he followed Sarri to Chelsea), but buying him now, turning 30 in December, on the big wages and big fee he would command due to his career best year, that would be Higuain transfer level stupidity.

Locatelli and save whatever we have after for a more attack-minded B2B. We don’t need Jorginho and Locatelli, while already stuck with Arthur.
Or CR7 transfer stupidity, in terms of sport result as a club, Higuain transfer given better result than CR7 transfer
So if Higuain transfer is a flop, CR7 transfer is a super massive flop. He can't even give us UCL semifinal. own by De Ligt and bunch of Ajax kids

- - - Updated - - -

The reality is we don't need both jorginho and locatelli. Not unless we are cleaning out the whole midfield and starting with a blank canvas.

Locatelli should be the DM, rabiot the LCM, and if we have any cash available lets upgrade for the RCM. But highly doubt we will have that cash.

Cbs are a hard one...we have 5 right now...2 of which will not be here by the time the season starts. Rugani and demiral. Danilo is better on the right of a 3 man defense which i don't think allegri will play. Bonucci and chiellini will need resting. Really only leaves MDL as a player who if available could play out the whole season. I think we need at least one more who can challenge for a starting role.
We actually can get Locatelli and De Paul, both proven in Serie A ready for their big stage, IF we can sell Bentancur, Kennie and Ramsey
We will have Rabiot - Locatelli - De Paul, that is a pretty solid midfield for 4-3-3 . Problem is we can't sell them

Well, CR7 fanboi in @Arcticdaly , @Post Ironic , @Xperd dislike this post, while what I said is the proven truth and facts. they need to do their fact check
CR7 transfer is the sole problem that need to be address, he fail to deliver. The result from the past 3 years showing that

They dont have facts behind them except his old old form from more than 5 years ago to justify and his 30 goals while failed to deliver scudetto
Well we won the scudetto with Del Piero as our top goalscorer with only 8 goals in the past, that is effectivity and where the goals really count for something

For real Juventino Del Piero is 10 level more class than CR7

Last edited:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

mckennie* Jorginho Locatelli

Not bad, id say.

*or another one of the average six.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)