Summer mercato 2021-22 (44 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
At his role...
Aouar is not playing the same role as Locatelli therefore they are not comparable.
Locatelli is currently one of the best in his role.
Aouar is very good but he has other attributes to be judged on.

P.S I also said I`d take Aouar over Locatelli because of this role thing

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you have a valid point but he also plays for the national team where he is doing a great job.
I think you’re underrating Aouar and overrating Locatelli. Aouar was one of the best mids in the CL last season. I love Locatelli, but he hasnt proven himself on a bigger stage yet.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I think you’re underrating Aouar and overrating Locatelli. Aouar was one of the best mids in the CL last season. I love Locatelli, but he hasnt proven himself on a bigger stage yet.
Like I told the other guy I understand it might be premature to rate Locatelli that soon since he hasnt proven anything on the big stage.
As for Aouar - For me he is not comparable with Locatelli as they play totally different roles.

Im not saying Locatelli is a must because he is so good. He is indeed good but we have issues to solve and we cant just be distracted like that.

Given the two - I`d go for Aouar
Given Aouar and others who I believe can make bigger impact here like L.Alberto SMS Pogba - I`d definitely go with one of the later ones..

Should we need someone like Locatelli I`d say Locatelli and wouldnt mention others because I already think he could be a great fit.

Aouar can drive forward which is a big plus and he is really an intelligent player which also is a big plus, he can dribble and he can pass BUT I think he needs to improve two things
a slight work on his assists - He is improving there so I guess we can see it as positive and be less concerned about it.
Serious work on his shooting - I have seen him shooting way off target way too often. He can deliver precise rockets as well but it feels something about his shooting technique is not working as it should.

Also there is another issue but I dont hold it against him as he can do nothing about it - physicality - While I can see players like SMS who can defend while being really good in the air and Pogba who is great in the air but he has his bullying type of defending (which might not be his best attribute but it does help).
Aouar is not exactly great in the air and will probably lose any battle that involves jumping while he isnt a terrible defender although he definitely not a great one as well..

Taking everything into consideration for the role and type we need - Yes I have my doubts about him even though I`d be happy if we sign him as the alternatives look almost unrealistic at the moment.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
At his role...
Aouar is not playing the same role as Locatelli therefore they are not comparable.
Locatelli is currently one of the best in his role.
Aouar is very good but he has other attributes to be judged on.

P.S I also said I`d take Aouar over Locatelli because of this role thing

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you have a valid point but he also plays for the national team where he is doing a great job.
The regista role is a rarity compared to Aouar's role. Who has locatelli got to compare to? Veratti, Frenkie de Jong, Jorginho and toni kroos, even then locatelli doesn't beat any of them.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
The regista role is a rarity compared to Aouar's role. Who has locatelli got to compare to? Veratti, Frenkie de Jong, Jorginho and toni kroos, even then locatelli doesn't beat any of them.
De Jong is great, Verratti is great when not injured, Kroos is great but quite old and Jorginho - No he isnt...
I never rated Jorginho and I never will. Locatelli is younger and better.

In any case I said one of the best and not the ultimate best so being no` 5 means you are one of the best (not counting just relating to your response)

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
As box to box CMs instead of Rabiot/Mckennie. Huge upgrades for our team.
Rabiot and McKennie don't play the same role... But I guess you mean the most advanced midfielder role, which would leave us with Bentancur/Rabiot - Arthur behind them and that is just not good enough for a team hunting CL glory.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
De Jong is great, Verratti is great when not injured, Kroos is great but quite old and Jorginho - No he isnt...
I never rated Jorginho and I never will. Locatelli is younger and better.

In any case I said one of the best and not the ultimate best so being no` 5 means you are one of the best (not counting just relating to your response)
Like I said there are so few Regista in circulation it's not like Locatelli has much to compare against unlike to Aouar, even so Locatelli in all honesty does not surpass or even come close to most of the players in his role.

verratti and Jorginho are ahead in the pecking order for the National team too.

Last edited:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Like I said there are so few Regista in circulation it's not like Locatelli has much to compare against unlike to Aouar, even so Locatelli in all honesty does not surpass or even come close to most of the players in his role.

verratti and Jorginho are ahead in the pecking order for the National team too.
Agreed, he's not world class (yet) but he's definitely got the potential to be a cornerstone in a world class team. And unlike constantly injured Verratti and pussy Jorginho he's dependable. I'd love it if we sign him.

athas

Jul 15, 2007
Instead of McKennie.

For as many hundreds of posts as these two players get on Tuz, it doesn't change that we are not signing either. Lotito won't sell SMS to us, and Pogba is too expensive.
As box to box CMs instead of Rabiot/Mckennie. Huge upgrades for our team.
Well, McKennie is important to the team because he brings balance in all phase: He runs up and down the pitch tirelessly, adds more threat in opponent's penalty area and then runs back to cover the flank in 4-4-2 shape. If we buy Pogba and SMS to replace him and:

1. Play them exactly like McKennie: They can't do that (Pogba - low work rate, SMS - low stamina). And even if they do, that will hinder their strong ability, run up and down continuously is not their game.

2. Play them in McKennie's position, but tell them to play to their strength: well, it can solve some problems, but will creat others. With Pogba and SMS we would need a much better defensive mid behind (who can cover for two) and one mid can run to the opponent's penalty area to make up the number, so basically a completely new midfielder.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Well I dont think we can get the big ones as I dont think we will pay what needed to sign them (even if I think we should).

Calciomercato says Lazio might let SMS go for 50M (sounds ridiculous) - The reason is SMS wants CL football. It also suggests Real Madrid as the frontrunners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)