Summer mercato 2021-22 (30 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
30m is a perfectly fine sum for him, but LOAN WITH OPTION TO BUY is totally unacceptable! How hard is this to understand? Who here honestly is dense enough to think we did a good deal here?
Quite hard to understand, obviously. The loan on these deals is often just another year to spread payment of the fee. Besides, if Atalanta didn't want to buy this world class player for this super low price, why would you want him back at Juve? As long as he doesn't do his ACL there they'll buy him.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That's exactly what clubs like Benfica, Porto, Atletico... have been doing for years.
Who? We are not a feeder club like Benfica or Porto, we don't buy players to sell on and keep regenerating. The only players Atlético sell for big money are their best players. I think people are confusing Demiral for one of our best players.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Who? We are not a feeder club like Benfica or Porto, we don't buy players to sell on and keep regenerating. The only players Atlético sell for big money are their best players. I think people are confusing Demiral for one of our best players.
We don't have to be a feeder club. We can be smart though.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Quite hard to understand, obviously. The loan on these deals is often just another year to spread payment of the fee. Besides, if Atalanta didn't want to buy this world class player for this super low price, why would you want him back at Juve? As long as he doesn't do his ACL there they'll buy him.
If you want to spread payments it can be done with an obligation, not an option. And Atalanta should absolutely not be the one making the demands, they've just banked 50mil on a deal (where they yet again shafted us!) and are short two CBs. We have no real pressure to sell him for these demands, especially with other clubs (that are not our league rivals!!!) like BVB looking at him too. If Demiral has any kind of injuries or plays like shit during his loan he is our problem once again. You're just trying to explain away a stupid fucking deal that makes no sense for us. Only way this is remotely acceptable is if the option becomes obligatory through some kind of easy to achieve targets, but even then we bent over for Atalantas ridiculous demands when we definitely didn't need to.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
I dont really care about Derm leaving as i dont think he was ever going to make it here and always injured but this is deal is total shit like why this club sell any players for some money and i hope to god i dont see Rugani starting a important CL match again.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Selling Demiral covers Dybala's water yoga sessions alongside with Ramsey just fine. 30m is a 30m and if we can't even close the Locatelli deal and people demand improvements on the middle, how the fuck you gonna pull rabbit out of hat with no money? Dissapointment regardless.

If he's gone, then he is. I like the guy, but De Ligt being in here we definitely need an Italian CB alongside with him, that's just how it is and should be. GL to Demiral, the fighting spirit will always be remembered, which is something not many people have.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If you want to spread payments it can be done with an obligation, not an option. And Atalanta should absolutely not be the one making the demands, they've just banked 50mil on a deal (where they yet again shafted us!) and are short two CBs. We have no real pressure to sell him for these demands, especially with other clubs (that are not our league rivals!!!) like BVB looking at him too. If Demiral has any kind of injuries or plays like shit during his loan he is our problem once again. You're just trying to explain away a stupid fucking deal that makes no sense for us. Only way this is remotely acceptable is if the option becomes obligatory through some kind of easy to achieve targets, but even then we bent over for Atalantas ridiculous demands when we definitely didn't need to.
Ok so how much do you think a promising defender with patchy form and recent ACL troubles is worth on this market?

I'm not so interested in arguing semantics on the terms of the deal and option vs obligation. People get far too wound up about this. I've seen enough of these deals to know which ones go through. Romero was an option, for example.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Ok so how much do you think a promising defender with patchy form and recent ACL troubles is worth on this market?

I'm not so interested in arguing semantics on the terms of the deal and option vs obligation. People get far too wound up about this. I've seen enough of these deals to know which ones go through. Romero was an option, for example.
Would ACL matter much? I'm pretty sure we'd need to splash at least 60mln in order to sign Zaniolo even at this point.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016

Option vs obligation is night and day. There should be a ZERO percent chance he gets injured or has a shit season and returns to us. Price is fine, how many times do I have to state that?

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Would ACL matter much? I'm pretty sure we'd need to splash at least 60mln in order to sign Zaniolo even at this point.
Nah, Zaniolo is a 40m max player atm precisely because of ACL. Before yeah, it's not hard to see a team splashing a similar amount on him that we did on Chiesa, similar type of talent, most probably preferred Zaniolo over Fede.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Nah, Zaniolo is a 40m max player atm precisely because of ACL. Before yeah, it's not hard to see a team splashing a similar amount on him that we did on Chiesa, similar type of talent, most probably preferred Zaniolo over Fede.
Tbh I'd rather spend 40mln on him rather than 30 on Locatelli. No brainer imo. But I doubt that would be his price.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Tbh I'd rather spend 40mln on him rather than 30 on Locatelli. No brainer imo. But I doubt that would be his price.
Same here, even though we need midfielder, Zaniolo had world class potential, before the injury he was better than Chiesa.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Same here, even though we need midfielder, Zaniolo had world class potential, before the injury he was better than Chiesa.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I do agree we need to fix our mid. But getting your hands on Zaniolo would be too good to miss out on. Can't even imagine him in the same team with Chiesa, that would be so epic.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Cherubini completely shit the bed with this one. Atalanta just got 50m from the Romero deal and were in desperate need for a starting CB after shipping out Caldara too, and BVB was also on Demirals tail so there was no reason go easy on Atalanta with their demands. And what does Cherubini do? Give him on a goddamn golden platter....
While I don’t like the option instead of obligation.

There is a big difference here. Romero was one of the best CBs in Serie a last year. Demiral was either injured or rubbish last year.

- - - Updated - - -

Zaniolo is 3x the player Demiral is…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)