Summer mercato 2021-22 (30 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2015
Romero just went for 55m. a 23 year old world class defender Juve gave up on.

Demiral has been an absolute beast at times, and Juve are going to get a piss poor price on him. and guaranteed to regret it in a season or 2.

Meanwhile Juve board continues to believe that bonucci and chiellini are immortal and will be playing into their 50s.... thats the only thing that would justifiy letting go of 2 world class 20 year old defenders....

dont forget about cancelo as well..... This old player fetish needs to end

Eros

Jun 14, 2019
Expected a lot more from Juventus this summer.
With Locatelli, you’d have a midfield of:
Locatelli-Bentancur-Rabiot entering the champions league. At best a second place in the group stages.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Expected a lot more from Juventus this summer.
With Locatelli, you’d have a midfield of:
Locatelli-Bentancur-Rabiot entering the champions league. At best a second place in the group stages.
Juve topped the group last season with that MF minus Loca and Pirlo as a coach. Beating Barca 3-0 and finishing above Barca. I won't worry much about group stages
KO stages on the other hand ....

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Romero just went for 55m. a 23 year old world class defender Juve gave up on.

Demiral has been an absolute beast at times, and Juve are going to get a piss poor price on him. and guaranteed to regret it in a season or 2.

Meanwhile Juve board continues to believe that bonucci and chiellini are immortal and will be playing into their 50s.... thats the only thing that would justifiy letting go of 2 world class 20 year old defenders....

dont forget about cancelo as well..... This old player fetish needs to end
Can't argue with you there. Management probably thinks the Euro winners Bonucci and Chiellini will be putting in world class displays until the World Cup so who cares about anything else.

Juventus have no intention of investing money in a CB they have faith in Rugani and Dragusin to fill up the place of Demiral . [Sky)
And there you have it!

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
:agree:

Demiral looked good in his first few appearances, but has been utterly mediocre ever since. Nowhere near world class. Some people see an over-aggressive CB and automatically think world class it seems.
Of course he's not world class. My biggest problem with him is injury susceptibility.

Maybe he'd be better off if he got a continuous run of games but it always seems to get interrupted by injury. That plus playing under whack ass coaches doesn't help.

Quite raw still for his age, but he's got good defensive attributes apart from his decision making. I don't think it would hurt us to give him another year, this time under Max's tutelage. He ain't worse than Rugano or Dragusin at least.

Boy it's gonna be fun sitting on the edge of our seats this season every time one of De Ligt, Chiellini or Bonucci picks up a knock. Don't be surprised to see us begging for an emergency CB in January when the prospect of playing the CL knockouts with Rugani or Dragusin is upon us.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Of course he's not world class. My biggest problem with him is injury susceptibility.

Maybe he'd be better off if he got a continuous run of games but it always seems to get interrupted by injury. That plus playing under whack ass coaches doesn't help.

Quite raw still for his age, but he's got good defensive attributes apart from his decision making. I don't think it would hurt us to give him another year, this time under Max's tutelage. He ain't worse than Rugano or Dragusin at least.

Boy it's gonna be fun sitting on the edge of our seats this season every time one of De Ligt, Chiellini or Bonucci picks up a knock. Don't be surprised to see us begging for an emergency CB in January when the prospect of playing the CL knockouts with Rugani or Dragusin is upon us.
Except the reality is our finances suck ass because of Paratici, and if selling Demiral is the only way we can afford to upgrade our mid, I take that easy peasy. If Chiellini retired, I might say different, but I’d much rather have Locatelli or whatever other top class young mid we might get who have actually been performing very well the past two years, instead of an injury prone Demiral who has mostly looked mediocre here. Could he turn out good? Sure. Is that chance worth going through another season with a terrible midfield? No.

And hopefully Dragusin turns out good for us, because then we’d have 4 good CBs in our rotation. If Paratici hadn’t fucked up with Romero, letting Atalanta buy him for peanuts, we’d have him to either sell, or replace Demiral at no cost.

Anyways. To each their own, but sacrificing Demiral for a midfield upgrade sounds good to me if that’s what is necessary

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Except the reality is our finances suck ass because of Paratici, and if selling Demiral is the only way we can afford to upgrade our mid, I take that easy peasy. If Chiellini retired, I might say different, but I’d much rather have Locatelli or whatever other top class young mid we might get who have actually been performing very well the past two years, instead of an injury prone Demiral who has mostly looked mediocre here. Could he turn out good? Sure. Is that chance worth going through another season with a terrible midfield? No.

And hopefully Dragusin turns out good for us, because then we’d have 4 good CBs in our rotation. If Paratici hadn’t fucked up with Romero, letting Atalanta buy him for peanuts, we’d have him to either sell, or replace Demiral at no cost.

Anyways. To each their own, but sacrificing Demiral for a midfield upgrade sounds good to me if that’s what is necessary
Kinda hard to believe we're that desperately in need of 5M tbh

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Kinda hard to believe we're that desperately in need of 5M tbh
Yeah. I mean I have no idea in reality what the deal is. But seems sales are necessary to make purchases. Or so all the “gurus” have been suggesting.

Ideally, I’d get Locatelli and keep Demiral. Rugani has turned out pure trash, even as a 5th choice CB there shouldn’t be a place for him here. And while I don’t rate Demiral super highly, I do think he has some raw talent and could turn out a good CB under the right coach. But if it’s selling Demiral to pay for midfield upgrade, it’s an easy choice imo

Strickland

May 17, 2019

I dunno what our squad will look like when the season starts, but if 2/3 out of Chiellini, de Ligt and Bonu are injured, I hope Danilo is moved to CB. Rugani is ok to play against Sassuolo, but pls dont field him in CL

rainhard

May 5, 2004

And here we go Mehdi Benatia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)