Summer mercato 2021-22 (152 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
how isn't it essential for a club in juve's situation and result oriented operation? selling players is still the easiest way to improve your revenue, and your revenue is still the easiest way to be able to afford better players.

we could have managed the last 9 years without plusvalenza. and we would have lost the title years ago.

the worst thing about it is that tici is unable to spend it wisely. he's not even out of the door and the problems are already showing up. the problem is not plusvalenza itself, it's the club's inability to find adequate replacements for less money.
Plusvalenza isn't revenue because player registration are intangibles not inventory.
Requiring plusvalenza to balance books is affecting negotiations, because it makes Juve look desperate. Example, when Pogba was sold it wasn't essential so Juve could milk it but when Dybala (supposedly) was put on the market, other clubs under-cut because they felt Juve's hand was forced. It can't be a permanent strategy, ultimately the books need to be sustainable without it or bad deals will continue. Wages must go down.

Finding adequate replacement for less money is the goal. The clubs is mixing it up because of their fixation with plusvalenza. They are looking for deals to maximize plusvalenza instead of finding the right players for less money. Arthur, Pellegrini swaps were completely unnecessary.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Plusvalenza isn't revenue because player registration are intangibles not inventory.
let's not be sloppy, let's call it capital gain generated by disposals of players' registration rights instead if we're to turn tuz into an accounting conference.

point still stands, and i'm sure you got it

agreed on wages, that's what i mentioned too in my previous post you quoted (but ignored that part)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
plusvalenza is essential for the operation of the club. we also dropped our "no minusvalenza" policy after beppe left.

juve always sold some of the club's best players, be it baggio, inzaghi, zidane, vieri, boksic or pogba. i don't think anyone rates selling pippo and zidane in exchange of nedved, buffon and thuram as a bad move. it's not the plusvalenza which is harmful, it's the bad recruiting decisions (aka "replacements"), and the huge, inexplicable wage bill.
Plusvalenza should happen organically. For a club of our stature, you sign players to improve the team primarily, capital gains is merely part of the process. But when you sign players with primary objective of making capital gains, that's when it becomes a big problem.
A couple of poor recruitments and then you are forced to make more such plusvalenza oriented signings, eg : Arthur who is starting to look more like a burden as the days pass by. It's a vicious cycle that could have devastating effects in the long term.
But in our case, we've sort of cornered ourselves by committing €60M a year on one player so it's even harder to get out of this mess.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
agreed on wages, that's what i mentioned too in my previous post you quoted (but ignored that part)
I was just trying to ignore the major disagreement lol and I missed the wage bill part. I don't understand why people would think pippo and zidane exchange for nedved, buffon and thuram wasn't a bad move, even after hindsight. Juve improving itself didn't matter because it also helped Madrid and Milan win multiple CL's with those players. I do not agree with this model, for a club that has ambition to win.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Tbh, fuck Inzaghi. I never liked him, He always celebrated as if he hadn't scored in years - such an overrated limited piece of shit player.

As for Zizou I was torn. I actually think I cried when I saw him in a Madrid jersey. No Nedved or 100 Nedveds could ever recreate the magic that is Zizou. No number of Nedveds could compensate for that tragic loss.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,236
    A non Italian having complete control of the club? Maybe in an alternate universe..
    well we gotta try something new.

don't want to see that cafone Simone Inzaghi or other average Italian managers with that same old crap mentality.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,237
    I mean we're fuckin' Juve. Shouldn't we be different than all these other filthy Italian clubs?

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    well we gotta try something new.

don't want to see that cafone Simone Inzaghi or other average Italian managers with that same old crap mentality.
    Well we did try something new and we failed though....

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and if you want Rangnick, the first person that should be out of the door is Ronaldo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 131)