• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
0 mercato for me

lb wasn't improved
midfield wasn't improved
attack got WORSE

conte would have been better choice as coach than allegri in this case. he is better motivator and would have whipped these turds into shape. at least for a season.
Its not a popular opinion I guess but I really liked it when Conte was our manager.
With Conte you always know the team is motivated.
Results wise - Conte hasnt done anything in Europe for some reason.. I personally wonder why as I do think he is a great coach.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Its not a popular opinion I guess but I really liked it when Conte was our manager.
With Conte you always know the team is motivated.
Results wise - Conte hasnt done anything in Europe for some reason.. I personally wonder why as I do think he is a great coach.
His approach burns out quickly. I think he’s a good manager for clubs that are rebuilding or have younger players. But he’s a stepping stone.

AriG

Feb 17, 2019
2.5 out of 10

If the psycho didn't fucked us up and leave in the last week/days (he did that on purpose, to fuck us up) we would have been able do to do better moves because we would have had some $$$ like a Loca + one more big signing $$$ plus would have been able to get rid of the dead wood better (or at least loan them out).

juvefc_robin

Jun 15, 2003
New technical director, so he had to deal with the situation. Plus, the whole Corona was a big loss for Juventus so there goes the financial freedom.

In my opinion they have made the right choice in letting go Ronaldo. It's difficult to debate whether this was expected/unexpected, because I can understand they had made different choices when they knew from the beginning of the transfer market.

The focus on young Italian players is a plus for me. Juve always had an Italian core and I think it's very important to maintain this. Locatelli and Kean are therefore great signings. Kaio Jorge, no clue! We will never know if Donnarumma would be a Juve player if Ronaldo went earlier. If PSG is your opponent, I assume no. Could it be more than these two signings? Certainly, but I think we're broke as fuck! Corona, Ronaldo and the former management put us in this situation.

We all agree that we're still stuck with the deadwood. Ramsey, Arthur, Alex Sandro etc. But again, the former management gave them huge contracts. What to do if they don't want to move? Exactly, nothing.

Last but not least: Allegri. A great signing and someone who is going to be very important the next couple of years. He proved to be a great team builder.

I expect De Ligt, Chiesa and Dybala to step up this season, I still have hopes for Kulusevski, Pellegrini and McKennie and I still believe that Bernardeschi, Rabiot and Morata can be more than useful.

Is this Juve a challenger for the CL? No, I don't expect great things. I had to happen in the Scudetto seasons and we failed miserably. Now we are building towards a new era and I'm really glad that (I think for the very first time) we haven't made panic buys.

I gave it a 6, but a 7 was also possible. Not that it's that great, but with all circumstances, Cherubini did a proper job.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
F*%ked up mercato
No real backup for Chiello, no one to replace effin Benta and Rabiot, Arthur still injured and nobody really worth partnering up Loca in the middle..
3/10 because of Loca

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I give the mercato a 6/10. Yes the current squad leaves a lot to be desired but these are issues caused by the terrible management of the previous 2-3 years so its a inaccurate to meltdown over this summer.

The Good.

Sacking Tici and demoting Bozo to the point he looked a whipped dog at the Udinese game. It was good to see that AA and upper management have recognized the mistakes they made and begun the process of correcting them. Bringing back a proven and familiar Maxx who can stabilize things was also the best call we could have made, given how far this team have fallen by trusting in incompetents like Sarri and Pirlo.

The incoming deals, individually, are good acquisitions. All of Kaio Jorge, Locatelli, Kean (don't know much about ihattaren) are young, promising, low wages and low transfer fees with Locatelli's and Kean's stretched out over installments, providing us room to continue improving the squad next summer.

Ronaldo is gone and, most importantly, we didn't get stuck paying some of his wage. Actually got some money out of it which i didn't expect.

Sending Fagioli and Dragusin on loan

The Bad

The squad as a whole, it still has glaring weaknesses. Tek is a big question mark right now, our LB options are nightmarish. CM is still very questionable, Locatelli may be a good acquisition but Ramsey, Arthur, and Rabiot remain a black hole, sucking up high wages, providing inconsistent, unimpressive performances and are basically unsellable (though none of these three can be blamed on the current mercato, this was 100% Tici's doing). The presence of these players will continue to fuck us financially for years sucking up funds that could be used to replace them as their contracts wind down slower than a one legged Rabiot jogging back. Basically we lack quality depth in the middle, we lack anything at LB and we lack a reliable keeper.

Additionally, we lack goals in our forwards, no individual who come even close to replacing CR7's numbers. To pile on the misery our midfield lacks goals as well. We have no real attacking threat from CM mostly a bunch of mediocre #6s who don't offer dangerous runs, clever link up plays, defense splitting passes or a long shot threat.

Still, I find it difficult to blame much of this on the current mercato. This is the work of notorious football terrorist Tici's squad building.

alaska

May 25, 2013
4/10.

>Cris had to leave sometime, but waiting until literally after we had already played the first match is just dumb.
>Why get rid of Demiral?
>Why spend so much time on Pjanic? Sign him or don't, I've got places to be.

The squad is worse than before. At least the wage burden is less and we have Allegri back. But don't discount the fact that he will be rusty too.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Let me give a more positive take on things...

We have to put this mercato in some context. Covid messed us up really hard. As it also did with most of the non Arab/Russian owned teams (or the EPL ones to a lesser extend).

To begin with, seeing Real/Barca losing some of their major assets makes me happy that De Ligt and Chiesa are still here.

Ronaldo was amazing for us. But the team was not as amazing as we though it would be with him. Instead of being the prime gun to a well oiled machine, he led to one of the less Juve-like teams ever. I'm not happy he left but I'm also not going to lose sleep over it (especially at his age). Him leaving gives us the opportunity to focus on building a more cohesive and tight team.

I don't think we have such a bad team player-wise. One of my worse feelings during the last few years is that we haven't got the most out of a lot of our players. Kulu, Rabiot, Arhtur, McKennie, De Ligt (at times) to start with and some of the older guys in Dybala, Morata, Sandro and even Ramsey (don't forget that Allegri wanted him here originally). A good coach can maximise what he takes from his players (Mancini's Italy, Klopp's Liverpool, etc) and the first job of Allegri would be to try and take that 100% and see how good our team actually is.

I'm happy that Allegri is back. He's pragmatic, clever and, if the rumours are true and he rejected Real, he's committed to our project and passionate about it.

I like that Bayern-like approach we're taking. No big brand names and over the hill guys. Young, preferably from the same league, players with a huge upside. Locatelli is a signing we needed and we all know it. Kean has a ridiculously amount of experience for his age and most importantly last year showed that he can be a much more complete player than just a no 9 (which made me very jealous). I don't know about Kaio Jorge but I read good things. Deals like this one can only have an upside and I like that he will remain with the first team.

To sum up, this team reminds me of Juve again. A boss that is the definite head in the locker room. A few world class players (that have to find consistency). A few players that can become world class or at least very good ones (but are not there yet). Lots of grinta. Lots of youngsters. No panic buys. A team that if it finds unity and consistency we're set for quite some time.

Based on the current climate, that's by far the best approach we could take. I'm excited for this year. Forza Juve!!

Grade: 6/10

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Looks enthusiastic, that smile says it all really. Must have been such a relief for him to leave this sinking ship of a club. Hope he flops hard though, for United at least.
More than anything he regrets not taking Di Laurentiis' offer in 2018

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
His approach burns out quickly. I think he’s a good manager for clubs that are rebuilding or have younger players. But he’s a stepping stone.
And that's what we temporarily need, to rebuild. It's underestimated the job he did for us. A prick of a person and one hard to trust as a fan but undoubtedly does a great job in winning.

His called a failure in Europe but maybe I'm spoilt and reaching a final isn't an achievement, winning the damn thing is, stopped dreaming about Europe the day Allegri left, it's all just a pipe dream, let's just focus on winning league again..

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I gaved it a - 2.
We downgraded in GK Defence and Attack.
We slightly upgraded in midfield.

We failed to get rid of scrubs(Thx Tici, you bozo), while except for Locatelli, who is decent, the rest of the signings are underwhelming.

The only hope I have for this season is that Allegri works a miracle and makes this team function like a unit and we start to grind wins like past seasons.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
The team is weaker than last season. Poor and simple. The midfield is better as we got locatelli.

The biggest head scratcher is worth the money we save from Ronaldo, we didn't improve the midfield more. The midfield remains the weakest part of the team while attack its weaker (no Ronaldo), and defence (demiral out for rugani).

This is why I gave it a 3/10.

Regardless of how late Ronaldo left (and the real circumstances of why he left), the management should have had a back up plan to maintain the level of the squad.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
So in the end we walk away with

Morata
Chiesa Dybala Cuadrado

Locatelli Bentancur

Sandro Bonucci De Ligt Danilo

Berna Kean Kulusevski

Rabiot Arthur Mckennie

Pellegrini Chiellini Rugani De Sciglio

+Ramsey and Kaio

It's a risk, a lot of young players, we have to hope Max can build something and get the right mentality into these kids.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)