Stevan Jovetić - AM/SS - Manchester City (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Yeah lets not push it with this growing agenda against Jojo fellas, Jovetic is better then Vucinic, that should be clear.
When I can admit that someone is better than Vucinic it should really be as clear as day to everyone else :p

- - - Updated - - -

nah, don't think so, the forum needs people who know something about football, not Danes who think that Storari is a good goalkeeper.;)
Sshhh

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Yeah lets not push it with this growing agenda against Jojo fellas, Jovetic is better then Vucinic, that should be clear.
On what basis can we say that Os? Vucinic has won more titles, has a season average of more goals. Jojo could become a better player, but at this point Mirko is the better, more complete player. And I'd more than welcome Jojo here at the right price. 12-15m plus makeweights.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I base that on seeing Vucinic for over a decade, and a healthy injury free Jovetic has defenitely looked like the more reliable and productive player. Not by much, but enough for me to want to replace Vuci with him.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I base that on seeing Vucinic for over a decade, and a healthy injury free Jovetic has defenitely looked like the more reliable and productive player. Not by much, but enough for me to want to replace Vuci with him.
This is where the problem lies. Why should we use 30m of our resources if we're getting a player whose not improving a troubled position by much like we really need?? I'm not against Jojo replacing Vucinic, if there is a bigger player coming in attack. Else the move is redundant.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
This is where the problem lies. Why should we use 30m of our resources if we're getting a player whose not improving a troubled position by much like we really need?? I'm not against Jojo replacing Vucinic, if there is a bigger player coming in attack. Else the move is redundant.
yup

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
On what basis can we say that Os? Vucinic has won more titles, has a season average of more goals. Jojo could become a better player, but at this point Mirko is the better, more complete player. And I'd more than welcome Jojo here at the right price. 12-15m plus makeweights.
Baggio, Padoin, and Giaccy have more titles than Jovetic. And that goal scoring comparison... it's silly. Vucinic has scored at least as many goals as Jovetic did last year @ age 22 only twice in his career. One season under Zeman at Lecce (19) and one season at Roma (14 - which is what Jovetic had last year @ 22, off the injury). You saying that Mirko has an average of more goals per season is absolutely silly, it's a relatively meaningless stat when you're comparing him to a 23 y/o who lost a full season to a major knee op.

And if we're just talking about stats, strictly stats - which are prone to providing erroneous 'answers' to these types of questions - Zlatan didn't have a single season goals per game ratio in Serie A as high as Jojo's from last year at age 22, until he was 25 y/o and playing for Inter (I am not projecting Jojo to be a better player than Ibra, just bringing up some stats). So put that in yer pipe, homie. :p

And speaking of pipes, it's about that time for me :D

City was genuinely interested, but with Mancini on the outs, who knows how many clubs are currently after the player, or what his price will be? The environment at Fiorentina has obviously changed since the end of last season. Regardless, this talk about him being worth only 15M is nonsense.

We got Vuci for 15 because there were issues, he was out of favour at Roma, and because he was established as a widely inconsistent player. He's also older, so there is no premium for potential; we knew exactly what to expect from the player, and frankly, he's come as advertised. If Mirko could play at the level we know he's capable of consistently, he would have been a more expensive player.

Also, Llorente is, what, 6'5", so there is a bigger player coming in attack. :D

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Jojo is more dynamic and a more dangerous forward. But he's always injured and isn't that much more consistent. 30 mill is definitely not worth it.

Socrates

Apr 2, 2012
I agree that Buffon is definitely past his prime, but Storari is the worst goalkeeper I've ever seen in professional football. :D
Not the worst keeper in history but not really good and certainly not better than Buffon. He's an average keeper and there's a reason why he's 2nd string for so many years. If he was good he'd be a starter at another club.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Jojo is more dynamic and a more dangerous forward. But he's always injured and isn't that much more consistent. 30 mill is definitely not worth it.
The player is much more consistent than Vuci. And you're blowing the injury situation well out of proportion.

He missed one full year with a knee. Other than that, he's started at least 26 matches for Fiorentina every season other than 2008-09, when he arrived at the club. He's played in 29, 0, 27, and 30 league matches the past 4 seasons (31, as of next weekend).

Look at the last two years. 27 starts the season after major knee surgery is a fine number. This year he's got 30 starts, despite the fact that Fiorentina rushed him back within a week after he got injured, so he could play against Milan... and, what a surprise, he aggravated his muscle injury.

I know you want to go all in for Ibarbo, but most of us would like to add some real quality to the attack. :p

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Vucinic is 29, Jovetic is 23.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The player is much more consistent than Vuci. And you're blowing the injury situation well out of proportion.

He missed one full year with a knee. Other than that, he's started at least 26 matches for Fiorentina every season other than 2008-09, when he arrived at the club. He's played in 29, 0, 27, and 30 league matches the past 4 seasons (31, as of next weekend).

Look at the last two years. 27 starts the season after major knee surgery is a fine number. This year he's got 30 starts, despite the fact that Fiorentina rushed him back within a week after he got injured, so he could play against Milan... and, what a surprise, he aggravated his muscle injury.

I know you want to go all in for Ibarbo, but most of us would like to add some real quality to the attack. :p
So he's still worth 30 million to you? His numbers certainly don't prove he's that much more consistent. 12 goals and 4 assists. definitely not a 30 mill player.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Vucinic is good, Jovetic is shit.
C'mon man, why so much hate?

Not wanting to spend 30M on him is understandable. But to say he's shit is not really fair.

He's dipped in form this season, but that most likely due to the fact that he's not liking life in Florence right now.

He could explode under us, and for a reasonable fee. (15M + a player, or 20-22M cash) I'd be willing to take the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)