Stephen Appiah (3 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I personally like both Appiah and Blasi, but it looks like Appiah will turn out to be the more useful player for Juve. I say keep them both as squad players for next season, unless we can fetch a good price for either/both of them.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think we should keep Appiah. If Capello can get this kid going next year like he did in the past few months we will have a very good backup to Emerson at our disposal. Appiah's goal today was the best play I have ever seen him make...ever. Let's keep him.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
And we really need at least a couple of young players we can nurture ourselves -- instead of either loaning them our or selling them off. That nurturing is one of the big differences between, say, Milan and Inter.

I'm hopping Appiah has finally turned a corner in his Juve career, as his form at the start and at the end of the season couldn't be more different.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
We should keep him, Appiah played well in the first half of his first season, and now he had a good second half of his second season, Third time's a charm ;)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think Appiah can prove to be an important bench player in the coming seasons. All he needs is a little confidence, and he certainly seems to be growing in stature. Another season I feel would give us a fairer yardstick to judge him by.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
2 goals in short time, 1 goal maradona would be proud of and some really stable and good games :D Forza the new Appiah!!

May 4, 2004
I said it all the time, i say it again! Appiah has to stay! he's young and very talented, he just needs to play with more confident, like he's been doing this month!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
I think Appiah deserves a second shot for sure. Blasi can go.
but not a third,why blasi doesnt deserve a second chance too?:devil:

++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
All those Appiah vs Blasi vs Tacchinardi discussions are going nowhere. Neither of them is good enough so we need to buy another central midfielder. That means that two of the three have to leave. Tacchinardi is willing to sit on the bench, and I think Blasi is a very useful player for some situations. Although Appiah has improved lately I still don't think that there is room for him in Juventus.
well said!!!
cap said we are looking for players on def and mid, so that means he isnt pleased with the players already has, that means most of them will be replaced if not all.
that magnifisent late appiah's goal will increase his price tag a lot+the last good games:greedy:i hope it can save a bad year overall to the next client's eyes.:angel:
NT blasi and big name tacchi can make some cash too,
olivera+kapo will just be loaned out,
i hope we will invest in big names to the midfield,
a starter is coming and 2promissing players to the def:cool:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
It is not that hard to change ppl minds here...
That may be, but it's taken me several weeks of consistently good performances from Appiah to switch from, "Whatever you do on the pitch, Don Bes, don't pass it to Appiah," to where I feel he's now showing signs of life.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I personally like both Appiah and Blasi, but it looks like Appiah will turn out to be the more useful player for Juve. I say keep them both as squad players for next season, unless we can fetch a good price for either/both of them.
I find Blasi's lack of natural ability annoying. I guess ya gotta appreciate the work that he puts in with his pressing and hustling but his ball skills are incredibly poor for a professional football player and his lack of comfort on the ball is such that I worry whenever he's in possession of it. His distribution just isn't what it needs to be at this level. It's true that a defensive midfielder's primary concern is ball winning but that alone isn't enough when you're playing for a club looking to win the Champions' League.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Appiah last games and his goal against Cagliari was just a sign that he has enough quality to be Juve players. If we keep him, im sure will be pleasead in the near future.....

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I admit, Appiah's revival in the last half of the season was something I never could've anticipated,but it was certainly a pleasant surprise to see him resembling something like the Appiah we all saw at Brescia.

His chances of staying in the team have improved considerably of course,Blasi will no doubt be on his toes this summer.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

I find Blasi's lack of natural ability annoying. I guess ya gotta appreciate the work that he puts in with his pressing and hustling but his ball skills are incredibly poor for a professional football player and his lack of comfort on the ball is such that I worry whenever he's in possession of it. His distribution just isn't what it needs to be at this level. It's true that a defensive midfielder's primary concern is ball winning but that alone isn't enough when you're playing for a club looking to win the Champions' League.

omg, remember the game against real ? :groan:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++

but not a third,why blasi doesnt deserve a second chance too?:devil:
Because Appiah seems to be showing a little more skill than previously. Blasi hasnt improved at all from start to finish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)