Stephen Appiah (4 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Because Appiah seems to be showing a little more skill than previously. Blasi hasnt improved at all from start to finish.
But Blasi had only one chance here,it was his first season,
and he did well enough3/4 of the season,
when Appiah was nearly catastrofic 3/4 of the season and did v.good impression the last quarter?
As far as i m concerned noone worths to be juve starter,
Cap said to we have some weaknesses in the midfield
and i dint think he doesnt mean Camo,Neddy either Emo,
a new player is coming there, worth enough to be a juve starter,
Gianni's arrival means Appiah/Blasi will leave us
and i explained why Appiah has more chances

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
we should say goodbye to one of them at least, or 2. IMO bye bye Tacchi (hurts, but he dont get any chances by Capello... and he is slow nowadays)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
we should say goodbye to one of them at least, or 2. IMO bye bye Tacchi (hurts, but he dont get any chances by Capello... and he is slow nowadays)
...and tries to compensate by fouling a lot. :down:

Juventico

Apr 7, 2005
I liked Appiah's playing style when he played at Brescia, even the first few matches under Lippi I could see that he's a good player, he jsut had some troubling time settling in. I think Cap can see that Appiah has some potential in him and will try to get the best out of him in next season.

mamamia

Jun 10, 2005
Hi everybody,
I am new in here and since i am a Ghanaian national i found the Appiah issue the most ineteresting.
1. I think that in Juventus Appiah is being played out of position. U saw the results for yourself when he started playing offensively getting to the end of the Scudetto. I would suggest that u take a relook at the Ghana-Italy clipe at Athens Olympics and u would appreciate his skills. In the first half he strolled around on the field as if it was his personal play ground and he eclipsed players like Pirlo till he was subbed.
2.2ndly i think at 24 years he is still too young to be judged. He is still learning. If u don't take care u will end up committing the same mistake that u committed with Henry. In Ghana, a xtry of 20 million pple, Appiah is the hope of a nation which has dominated all African Nations Cup but has failed to appear at the World Cup. Somebody may ask but who is Ghana. But looking at it from an objective pt...u shd ask yourself...why will Appiah be a captain and the heart of a National Team that have players like Samuel Osei-Kuffour(Bayern who transferred to Roma some weeks ago),Michael Essien(Lyon being chased around by the big guns including Juve),Muntari(Udinese),Mensah(central back at Chievo),Obodai(the guy who hassled your chezh guy at the Ajax game) and many others. In Ghana no one cares if any of these players play or not but with Appiah we have commitment and discipline to see us through.This weekend all of this so called big names were dropped for all sort of disciplinary problems but Appiah was still able to single handedly lead to the NT to beat Burkina Faso to keep our dreams of a Wcup spot alive.
3. Appiah is the best thing to happen to Ghana since the era of Abedi Pele and i believe that just like Ghana u could also find ways of getting the maximum from him.

Jul 19, 2003
Hi mamamia,

I'm Egyptian and I feel so proud of the guy being African and playing for Juve. I hope you guys do make it to the WC and the same for us of course.

I also agree with you that he's better offensively. I'm sure Capello is gaining appreciation for him now and will utilize him better. He's definitely better than both Blasi and Tacchinardi and should get a starting role next season, unless somebody else comes in and outshines him. Best of luck to him and Ghana.

mamamia

Jun 10, 2005
I got pics of Appiah during the game but i don't know how to paste it. after the match he was carried shoulder high by the few supporters who were able to get onto the pitch. He scored the first goal and at a time that he was injured and limping with substitutions exhausted he was able to dribble and cross for Amoah of Vitesse Arnhem(Holland) to score.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/4614419.stm
http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19627
http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/SportsArchive/photo.day.php?ID=83135

mamamia

Jun 10, 2005
@Nosubstitute...There are so many politics in the National team selection in Ghana. I have heard of this Akwetey Mensah guy but nobody has ever heard of him in Ghana.Playing on the african continent puts him at a disadvantage but after last weekend thigs will definitely change. Joe Tex, top striker of African Lords Eyimba was invited and he made a strong case for African based players so who knows. Could u send me links about his performance i could bring that to the knowledge of the Ghanaian population.

At any case he would have to join the long queue of excellent players who aren't in the coach's plans currently. They include Kuffour,Obodai(Ajax),Otto Addo(Dortmund just moved to Mainz),Boakye(A. Belefeld/Germany),Tanko(Freiburg/Germany), Hammond(RBC/Hololand),Gargo(Genoa),Osei(Livorno),Pimpong(Mitjilland/Denmark) etc.

I wish Egypt the best of luck. I guess u know of the special relationship that Egypt and Ghana have(Ghana's first First Lady was Egyptian). The only problem is that both national teams must forget about their past otherwise by the time we realise Cameroon and Nigeria would pass us in the number of African Cups that we have.

pembohong

Jul 24, 2004
Well, I really don't think Capello will play him in a offensive position. If Capello is really gonna field an attacking midfielder in his tactic, he would choose Nedved or even Camoranesi. So, I think he's still gonna play as a defensive midfielder next year.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Welcome mamamia.

I think you are right that Juve would make a big mistake if Appiah were sold off or sat down on the bench. I love Appiah, and he really showed his worth toward the end of the season.

Has he expressed his feelings, in the ghanian press, about being left on Capello's bench for so long? I hope he wants to stay in Juve, and I hope Juve wants to keep him.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Actually I think Capello would prefer him, a true Center Midfielder, who can play offense and defense. I was baffled last season when Liipi played him at LM? Really ruined his game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)