Stephen Appiah (3 Viewers)

Frag

May 14, 2005
When the season is almost over we finally find the right man to place beside Emerson, yes I.M.O. Appiah is showing some good qualities in these last games and I'm really happy for him, I don't think he's good enough to cover that position for the entire next season, I think we need to buy a big name there but I'm really happy to notice he's finally showing some good football, today against parma he probably made his best performance in juve this year.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Frag ] ++
When the season is almost over we finally find the right man to place beside Emerson, yes I.M.O. Appiah is showing some good qualities in these last games and I'm really happy for him, I don't think he's good enough to cover that position for the entire next season, I think we need to buy a big name there but I'm really happy to notice he's finally showing some good football, today against parma he probably made his best performance in juve this year.
finally looking like a player to replace the legendary Pitbull

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
I am glad he is returning his best form, his last few months were terrible:down:, but now he shows why he was brought in this team

MeRs0

Jun 26, 2004
Yeah, hopefully during the summer he will improve even more if not Juve bring in a bigger player. Appiah got it all, xcept passing skills... but he is improving match after match. Im glad for him!

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
IMO if we should release someone it should be Tacchinardi or Blasi... Appiah is showing great skills this time around!! FORZA APPIAH!! (I never thought that this day would come that I like him, but HEY! he has earnt my praise!!)

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
i saw him play for ghana vs italy in the olympics and i was impressed by him but he wasnt performing as well for juve in not many starts but now he is coming to life and hopes he keeps improving.

more competition in the middle of the park is better for us.

Jul 28, 2002
blasi was entrusted with the riegns, and imo for one reason and another he has failed miserably..imo....passing, movement and tackling have been woefull ever time i have seen him play.

Even the limited tac offers more......

How many hardmen mifielders do we need? Shame none have nergy of gattusso....the closest we have is appiah who needs to still master the whole art of football.

Imo either blasi or tac must go....cos some creation would be bloody usefull in our workhorse of a midfield.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Appiah is one of my Fav Player, but the fans over here were too quick to judge him, He's a real Fighter and a great player with great Talent.

as Jhon said, he's the best Player to replace our great Edgar.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
i must admit he was one of my faves when he first came!bt i did change my mind coz he went a bit rubbish for a while! but he looks like he is gettn back to his best just need to improve his goals and passing!But sheesh can that lad run about the place!!Physically he is awesome!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Boksic ] ++
i must admit he was one of my faves when he first came!bt i did change my mind coz he went a bit rubbish for a while! but he looks like he is gettn back to his best just need to improve his goals and passing!But sheesh can that lad run about the place!!Physically he is awesome!
Remmber Camoranesi ??

Boksic

May 11, 2005
ye kinda similar to camoranesi isnt he forgot about his bad patch!!!?? lets hope he turns out as good!
i always liked camoranesi though!

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
Appiah is one of my Fav Player , but the fans over here were too quick to judge him, He's a real Fighter and a great player with great Talent.

as Jhon said, he's the best Player to replace our great Edgar.
##¤¤ same here ! :)

Soo true.. i was one of the few fans in here that said Appiah should be give a chance.. and im SO HAPPY for him, and as i alwayse said, he has to stay, even if he's not gonna be first team regular, he should stay as he has the talent to become a great midfielder..!

tacchi + blasi OUT!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I will admit that Juve are too quick and impatient to truly develop younger talent. I still think Appiah has major gaps in his game and is often more of a liability than an asset, but I am encouraged to see more of his development over the past year. I also must give credit to Capello, who has stuck with him and once again - with a new team - demonstrated his ability to bring more out of new talent.

Lately I have liked him better than Blasi. But I'm not all too excited yet. This was Parma, afterall. I see him at best holding on to a position as our fifth midfielder... hopefully with the chance to improve upon that. He still needs to deliver hard and in bigger games to come.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
We've all seen him play decent games before,when he first came to Juve.It was after a prolonged run in the first team that his flaws showed.

Besides,any player will look good alongside the horrible Baiocco.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Appiah has showed in the last 2 or 3 games that when Emo is in bad shape or injured, he can take charge of the pressure in the midfield. His physical strenght gives him chance to go up and down the field many times, a valuable asset in the final minutes of the games. He is faster, more attack-skilled and less violent and card prone than Blasi.

Get rid of Blasi, keep Appiah and bring Edu....

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
Appiah is one of my Fav Player, but the fans over here were too quick to judge him , He's a real Fighter and a great player with great Talent.
One could argue exactly the same now. Appiah's had a couple of good matches in a row now(and fully deserves recognition for these past matches), but everyone is too quick to praise him.
Appiah is known to be a hot-cold player (young players often are, look at Olivera), I wouldn't be surprised if he'd play an absolute nightmare of a game soon again.
Everyone was praising him into the heavens at the start of 03/04 season, he was so awfull soon after though. He had a good momentum at the start of this season as well, he lost his way pretty quickly though. So all in all I wouldn't be too quick in concluding that Appiah is the one to take the cmf spot. If it was up to me, I would not rely on Appiah to carry our midfield in such a vital position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)