Stephen Appiah (6 Viewers)

Blind

May 8, 2005
Appiah had a great game against Milan.
That says something.
I was afraid he would mess up, but boy he kept his compulsure.
I really like Appiah. He is still young, so if def bring in a new CDM, and get rid of either Blasi or Taci. My vote would have to go to Blasi. He is physically stronger than Taci, but Taci is a fav of mine and plus Taci has better ball ablilties than Blasi does.

Buy on AliExpress.com

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
Oww come on aren't we a bit too hard on blasi. He was good in the beginning of the season. If you want to find a true young DM in our mids its got to be him.

Well for appiah, his passing is not his best skill. But his dribbling and the ablitiy to show up as a support for the attacking is great. During his days at brescia, somehow he was always there to contribute one or two finishing touches to the team (7 goals if I'm not wrong). So far I notice that he is given more freedom to go forward than in the past. Yes, his skill is far from gatuso or baraja, but so does his age.

Oct 29, 2004
i wud keep blasi and tacchi, i think tacchi is the weakest of the 3 but appiah is probably of the most value as im sure sum epl team will take him form us. whichever of the 3 generates more cash should be sold, the other 2 kept

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
he had some decent matches lately but with respect to a whole season , i think that we should buy another central Mid to partner Emerson . .. .

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Lippi is the one who discovered Appiah's talent,and he insists from the board to bring him.He didn't have a chance to exploit him a lot,but his sense came truthful,I think.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Appiah and Blasi shoould be kept, they are both young and are killer defensive midfielder. Both are a bit different. Appiah just reminds me a lot of Davids, the energy dribble and his powerful shots.

Tachinardi can leave.

bring in an attacking midfielder. We are set!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Gotta say -- Appiah's performance today against Livorno was more of his usual of late, which is a good thing.

I get the impression that Capello has coached him to not hold on to the ball for too long and to not try to out-maneuver his opponents on the ground. That's an area of his game that he still needs to work at, but in the meantime he seems to have established a solid foundation of quality play on the pitch of late. He has a good pace, he seems to have a much better sense of where to fill in holes in the zones, he's quick off the ball, his passes are crisp and show good judgement, etc.

Who would have thought that Appiah might actually turn a Juve corner as more of a defensive middie than his offensive Ghana NT role?

If Capello and Appiah are both back next season, there might be a few pleasant surprises in this area.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I have indeed been pleasantly surprised with Appiah's performances lately, especially against Milan. Perhaps we should keep hold of Appiah because if he continues to play like this he could be very useful in the future.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Somehow I managed to smile on Appiah's recent performance, especially on his flick pass to Camo against Milan. Maybe Appiah's confidence has returned and he is able to play more smoothly. Let's keep him for another season.

Aug 1, 2003
Hah, everytime Tacchi comes on this season he plays better than Blasi. Hes reliable. Not the best, but definitely reliable. Blasi can just be often too silly at times. We cannot afford that.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
They are more of the same in my eyes, Tacchi doesnt add anything much, same like Blasi, we can count on Blasi's age though, but then again I wouldnt mind both Blasi and Tacchi out, we can get a free giannicheda as back-up anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)