Stephen Appiah (3 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He has been ok uin the last matches...

his main problem we all know tha is his lack of passing abilities,,,and that was his MAJOR flaw last season,,,when everytime he entered the pitch i was like pulling my hair in desesperation.

I think that he can improve... but lets not anticipate to events,,, He had a lot of opportunities to show his worth last season and as far as i remember he failed miserably.

This season under capello, he didnt had the chance to peform continously... but the few times he was used,, was not the disastorus one of last season,

If he improves his passes and his shoots (yeah the guy loves to shoot from distance but he DOESNT have a nedved like shot) i will be more than satisfied with him... and why not to become even better?.

If capello can make hima better player well,, i would keep hiom one season more,,,and bring another one.

The question i think is beetwen blasi and tacchi.

Aug 26, 2003
i think we should keep him. He is young and has talent, and he can improve and will surely has to do that.

i have always said that we should give him a second chance (I would also say the same about Legro) and i think the most season on the bench has done him good and in the last games Appiah did really ok/well.

We all know he had a good start last season but then failed like some others in the team, but lets not forget it is never easy for players like Appiah or Legrottaglie to come from a small Club to play in juventus (as regular starter) and fight for Scudetto and CL so this is something they most slowly learn.

And lets not forget that Appiah had to replace Davids one of the best in that position (wich led our midlefield the last years) and that is not easy.

And you also can't carry on Tacci as Imo he also needs a strong partner beside him. (Davids or Emo)

forza Appiah!

MeRs0

Jun 26, 2004
Yes he will improve, given the chance to do it. But this aint Brescia, this is Juventus and the pressure is really on every player. So he must adapt it.

However, I dont think we should sell Blasi nor Tacchinardi. Juve is a italian team, and more foreigners than italians would look bad. And it will effect the playing and mood in the team.

Aug 1, 2003
I never liked Blasi :D

I've always thought Appiah was a talent when he was in Brescia and I think last season was just an unfortunate year for ALL Juve players

Appiah has his flaws and hes better at attacking than defending, but improving nontheless

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Appiah wears the #10 jersey for Ghana in the Olympics, I will give u lads some more info about him in the NT if I had time.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
Appiah should be used as a backup next season, we still need a new central midfielder to go alongside Emerson.

Tacchi, Blasi and Appiah have clearly not been up to the job this season, I don't think that'll change next season.

Capello knows we need a new partner for Emo (because he's had to change Emo's partner every couple of games this season cos they haven't been up to it) so I think we'll definitely see someone else brought in.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

One could argue exactly the same now. Appiah's had a couple of good matches in a row now(and fully deserves recognition for these past matches), but everyone is too quick to praise him.
Appiah is known to be a hot-cold player (young players often are, look at Olivera), I wouldn't be surprised if he'd play an absolute nightmare of a game soon again.
Everyone was praising him into the heavens at the start of 03/04 season, he was so awfull soon after though. He had a good momentum at the start of this season as well, he lost his way pretty quickly though. So all in all I wouldn't be too quick in concluding that Appiah is the one to take the cmf spot. If it was up to me, I would not rely on Appiah to carry our midfield in such a vital position.
you got me wrong, am not too quick in praising him, but my point is that he had a couple of bad matches and all of the fans over here wanted his arse out of the team. and Btw Appiah deserve all this praise, specially that he was doing great in these delicate moments.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
Appiah wears the #10 jersey for Ghana in the Olympics, I will give u lads some more info about him in the NT if I had time.
The oddily is that Juve employs him a little more defensively in midfield, and for Ghana he practically plays a Totti role -- pushing offensive midfield to the point of attack.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
i like Blasi!!! it think he is better than Tacchinardi and could become a good player!we were just saying how we judge players too soon!Blasi is still young and could be more consistent. I think it is too early to judge him. one more season and we can do that! after all even Nedved was pretty poor when he first came to juventus

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

you got me wrong, am not too quick in praising him, but my point is that he had a couple of bad matches and all of the fans over here wanted his arse out of the team. and Btw Appiah deserve all this praise, specially that he was doing great in these delicate moments.
I did not mean any offence, I was talking in general. Let me explain again: Just like some are quick to judge him (as might I be) , some might be inclined to (over)praise him equally quickly.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Keep Appiah! Definitely a reliable backup. We need somebody more creative who also can be combative in that role, but Appiah, Blasi and Tacchinardi should remain in Juventus.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
Keep Appiah! Definitely a reliable backup. We need somebody more creative who also can be combative in that role, but Appiah, Blasi and Tacchinardi should remain in Juventus.
If we are buying a player in this position I think one of those 3 should leave, my vote goes to Blasi and we keep Tacchinardi and Appiah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)