Stefano Sturaro (23 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
He was useless, well out of his depth. Any of our midfielders could've put in a performances of standing in the right place, that's just how Allegri coaches. However in terms of real midfield work, he was a non factor. Infact, vidal was more of a factor and he played as the CAM. Vidal did more midfield defensive work, despite not being in his real position. On the ball he was nin existent, we were literally playing with 10 men, thankfully real were two with the decision to have ramos in midfield. Shocked that such a poor performance can get compliments.
You do know that he wasn't ASKED to create or push offensively, he was asked to defend and cover the gaps Pirlo will leave because Pirlo can't out-sprint and physically can't handle Real's midfield? Read Allegri's statement man.

And he did own Ramos who has CL experience and international experience, Sturaro out played him and physically took him down.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely.
If Allegri really wanted just to switch to 3-5-2 and give support to Bonucci, he could have just as easily took out Marchisio, heck, even Pirlo. Why did he took out Sturaro if he played such a "great" game? The guy was by far the weakest link yesterday and everyone who sees something more to his performance is experiencing wishful thinking.
Pirlo has more experience than anyone and was surprisingly running, he was kept.

It was between him and Marchisio, I would take Sturaro out even if he had a great game.

Allegri got all his subs correct and at the right time.

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Pirlo has more experience than anyone and was surprisingly running, he was kept.

It was between him and Marchisio, I would take Sturaro out even if he had a great game.

Allegri got all his subs correct and at the right time.
I'll tell you what; Sturaro won't start next game. If he did so great and his sub was a technical decision, he's a given to start again in Madrid. I tell you though, that won't happen. At least I hope so.

You are right. Sorry.

Also Morata and Tevez were terrible and that's why they were subbed. On the spot you are. :smoke:
And subbing Tevez was the second stupid decision made yesterday. 5 minutes to go when we're raining counter attacks and you take out our most dangerous player counter attacks. Tevez was evidently annoyed at being taken out. The chance Llorente messed up...that was tailor made for Tevez.

We won and we should be happy, but we could have and should have ended up with more from this match.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I'll tell you what; Sturaro won't start next game. If he did so great and his sub was a technical decision, he's a given to start again in Madrid. I tell you though, that won't happen. At least I hope so.
The chances of Sturaro starting in important matches are slim obviously, Marchisio, Vidal, Pogba and Perreyra most of the times are ahead of him.

I think Allegri wont start him either in the 2nd leg not because he was bad (like you claim) but because most probably Pogba will be fit.

Sturaro passed his biggest footballing test last night, I am sure his confidence now will play a big role in his up-coming matches or when given chance.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
And subbing Tevez was the second stupid decision made yesterday. 5 minutes to go when we're raining counter attacks and you take out our most dangerous player counter attacks. Tevez was evidently annoyed at being taken out. The chance Llorente messed up...that was tailor made for Tevez.

We won and we should be happy, but we could have and should have ended up with more from this match.
That's a brilliant point, again. Allegri is making terrible decisions that lead to a victory in CL semis. :disagree:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
After switching to 3-5-2, Allegri had two choices/options, Padoin for Licht or Perreyra for Tevez, he chose to take Tevez out because Perreyra would out run Madrid's tired legs, Licht killed Marcelo and Ronaldo from his side there was no point taking him out.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Sturaro hate after that game? That game? What next, going to an animal shelter and kicking the nearest puppy across the room?

Some people just love to whine and be down about next to nothing, honestly.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Great game, especially considering the occasion. What a way to step up in a CL semi against Madrid.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Sturaro hate after that game? That game? What next, going to an animal shelter and kicking the nearest puppy across the room?

I keep thinking to myself what more he could have done? You play your first CL match as a starter in a semi-final at home under immense pressure without showing a sign of hesitation or underdog but only heart. I am yet to know what more they thought he could have offered..

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He was useless, well out of his depth. Any of our midfielders could've put in a performances of standing in the right place, that's just how Allegri coaches. However in terms of real midfield work, he was a non factor. Infact, vidal was more of a factor and he played as the CAM. Vidal did more midfield defensive work, despite not being in his real position. On the ball he was nin existent, we were literally playing with 10 men, thankfully real were two with the decision to have ramos in midfield. Shocked that such a poor performance can get compliments.
What?

So he didn't make that beautiful run with the ball, cut it back to Tevez at the top of the box, who could have put Morata clean through on goal with a quick pass, but instead was selfish and took a poor shot... That was fantastic on the ball from Sturaro...

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He was brought here to ocuppy a role of a 6th choice mid at least in the beginning. He's young player and had a very good showing last night, covered for Pirlo when the later decided to move further up the pitch, coped well with Ramos and Kroos, players infinitely more experienced than him. Can't see the reasoning for criticizing him.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
After switching to 3-5-2, Allegri had two choices/options, Padoin for Licht or Perreyra for Tevez, he chose to take Tevez out because Perreyra would out run Madrid's tired legs, Licht killed Marcelo and Ronaldo from his side there was no point taking him out.
:agree:

Why anyone would complain about the subs is beyond me. After Tevez came out, Real didn't have another chance all game and we had two very good chances through Llorente. And the Llorente chance tailor-made for Tevez? What? A header is tailor made for Tevez? :shifty:

DelPiero no10

Aug 19, 2013
You do know that he wasn't ASKED to create or push offensively, he was asked to defend and cover the gaps Pirlo will leave because Pirlo can't out-sprint and physically can't handle Real's midfield? Read Allegri's statement man.

And he did own Ramos who has CL experience and international experience, Sturaro out played him and physically took him down.
What are you on about? He did move up the pitch, and played basically the same role as Marchiso just on the opposite sides. Don't know how you can rate a player that probably had less then 20 passes in 60 mins. He was hiding from the ball, not spacing, not looking to get involved. He was good in the first 20 mins but after than was a non factor. He also isn't a Vidal who constantly makes great defensive plays because of his wonderful reading of the game. Just looks like he's putting in great effort.

How did he own ramos? Both of them did nothing apart from ramos passing the ball to us or outside. Ramos isn't a midfielder so at least has that excuse.

thirteen

Reversed Hierophant
Feb 8, 2015

Some people's negativity here is just shocking. I mean, I am a bit of a pessimist in life, but when I watch the team I support, I try to be more positive and enjoy it.

When someone is negative even about the team that they support, how are they in real life?

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003

This so much....!!
Exactly,some people just love to whine and complain.always negative.
I keep thinking to myself what more he could have done? You play your first CL match as a starter in a semi-final at home under immense pressure without showing a sign of hesitation or underdog but only heart. I am yet to know what more they thought he could have offered..
He was perfect!
He played at this level for the first time,and was tackling,pressing,passing like a BOSS.
and not against fucking Cesena in the league,but against Real Madrid with Kross,James,Bale,Isco level of players.

Kudos to Sturaro,everyone knows that and seen that.
He got 7 from Gazzetta today btw.highest in midfield.
Vidal & Marchisio 6.5 ,Pirlo 5.5.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Criticism here is absurd. Sturaro had the task of putting pressure on the opponent and leading to our first goal and onwards, this worked out very well for us. He's a class pressure player, springing forward and backwards, needed to compensate for Pirlo.
IMO our pressure is the reason we looked so good at times when we dominated the game, along with the confidence of holding on to the ball when we had it and were calm to break the record of most passes before scoring in this years CL.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
What are you on about? He did move up the pitch, and played basically the same role as Marchiso just on the opposite sides. Don't know how you can rate a player that probably had less then 20 passes in 60 mins. He was hiding from the ball, not spacing, not looking to get involved. He was good in the first 20 mins but after than was a non factor. He also isn't a Vidal who constantly makes great defensive plays because of his wonderful reading of the game. Just looks like he's putting in great effort.

How did he own ramos? Both of them did nothing apart from ramos passing the ball to us or outside. Ramos isn't a midfielder so at least has that excuse.
He moved twice only, one of them was when he nicely assisted Tevez. The rest of the time he was defending like instructed, too obvious.

What do you also mean he isn't Vidal? It's his fvcking first CL match man. Vidal has been off-form all season long and now you're implying the differences between the two when Sturaro only had 3min in his CL records.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

To everyone here; Sturaro was just there. Nothing more, nothing less. If that is "beast" like to you, kudos. Enjoy. But look at the stats. He made 13 passes the entire game he played. Morata who is a striker had twice as much passes than him in the same amount of time and Llorrente in 15 minutes managed half as much passes as he did. Sturaro was a ghost. Doesn't matter he had defensive duties, he was still HIDING from the ball and was not getting involved. Ramos had the same duties and sucked ass, yet he managed to have 4 times more passes than "beast" Sturaro.

I am pleased with the result, it's a good step but I can't shake the feeling we should have had an even better one. Real Madrid was there for the taking. Small mistakes like this can come back to bite us in the ass at Madrid. Perreyra should have played from the start and we would have had 11 men on the pitch, simple as that.

Attachments

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
To everyone here; Sturaro was just there. Nothing more, nothing less. If that is "beast" like to you, kudos. Enjoy. But look at the stats. He made 13 passes the entire game he played. Morata who is a striker had twice as much passes than him in the same amount of time and Llorrente in 15 minutes managed half as much passes as he did. Sturaro was a ghost. Doesn't matter he had defensive duties, he was still HIDING from the ball and was not getting involved. Ramos had the same duties and sucked ass, yet he managed to have 4 times more passes than "beast" Sturaro. .
Again, his job is to take pressure off Pirlo, make spaces for others and mark individual opponents while covering the gap Pirlo leaves defensively.

Marchisio couple of years ago would finish the match with 15 passes maximum but still put an epic performance.

I don't know why you would want to judge the times he has touched the ball when Juve's overall ball possession was pretty good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)