Stefano Sturaro (19 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I find it absolutely astounding people are thrilled with this guy and/or his performance. As for him and Pogba...they should not even be in the same sentence. Young and Italien...all people need to jizz in Tuz. Some things never change.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I find it absolutely astounding people are thrilled with this guy and/or his performance. As for him and Pogba...they should not even be in the same sentence. Young and Italien...all people need to jizz in Tuz. Some things never change.
Who mentioned him in the same sentence with Pogba and compared the two? I didn't see any.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Who mentioned him in the same sentence with Pogba and compared the two? I didn't see any.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

At this point i truely wonder

How good can Pogba be when dropped from injury straight in a game like this ?

What form will he be in ?

Cause we will need to defended better and more intense, and Sturaro was goddamn excellent

no i'm serious

How good can Pogba be, straight after a long injury ? How intense can he play ? How aware will he be ?

I'd liked Pogba to have a game or two before the return, but we cant.

Can he pull a wallzagli and be instant high quality all game when comming on ?
But the overall posts in the thread praising his (non)performance is hilarious. The only good thing this guy did was not fucking anything up...and his save for the crossbarr which could have easily ended up being a penalty. He was invisible and I don't mean "doing-defensive-work" invisible, truly invisible. The whole midfield was carried by mainly Vidal and Pirlo/Marchisio. As for his offensive involvement, only one good run on the left side which resulted in a solid pass to Tevez(around the 30th minute). He was constantly hiding from the ball. A game of this scope was clearly way out of his league and it was a stupid decision to put him on with no CL experience whatsoever..barely any Serie A experience for that matter. He was not subbed in the 60th minute because he was tired, he was subbed because he was a man less for Juventus, Allegri was just too afraid to put on Perreyra so he opted for Barzagli and going on the defense. With hindsight in mind, I'm certain we would have a better result had Perreyra played instead of him.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
But the overall posts in the thread praising his (non)performance is hilarious. The only good thing this guy did was not $#@!ing anything up...and his save for the crossbarr which could have easily ended up being a penalty. He was invisible and I don't mean "doing-defensive-work" invisible, truly invisible. The whole midfield was carried by mainly Vidal and Pirlo/Marchisio. As for his offensive involvement, only one good run on the left side which resulted in a solid pass to Tevez(around the 30th minute). He was constantly hiding from the ball. A game of this scope was clearly way out of his league and it was a stupid decision to put him on with no CL experience whatsoever..barely any Serie A experience for that matter. He was not subbed in the 60th minute because he was tired, he was subbed because he was a man less for Juventus, Allegri was just too afraid to put on Perreyra so he opted for Barzagli and going on the defense. With hindsight in mind, I'm certain we would have a better result had Perreyra played instead of him.
Wow, I think we saw two different matches.

First I don't want to defend Zach but in no way he was comparing the two players, I don't know what gave you the impression though.

Second I honestly think Sturaro had a top game and to play your first match without committing a single mistake and cover the pitch well and every time he marked one of their players he covered damn good. Allegri's brave choice to start him shows how important is this player and he already explained his decision, it was pure tactical to cover the little gap that Pirlo will leave alongside Marchisio on Real's counter attack.

I also don't think Allegri took him off because he was tired, he simply wanted to switch to 3-5-2 and put Barza next to Bonucci who was on yellow and needed someone next to him like Max said.

I think you're too harsh for someone who has played really great and brave for his first CL match and in the semi's and against Real Madrid.

Last but not least, his save on Jame's header deserves a standing ovation TBH.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Wow, I think we saw two different matches.

First I don't want to defend Zach but in no way he was comparing the two players, I don't know what gave you the impression though.

Second I honestly think Sturaro had a top game and to play your first match without committing a single mistake and cover the pitch well and every time he marked one of their players he covered damn good. Allegri's brave choice to start him shows how important is this player and he already explained his decision, it was pure tactical to cover the little gap that Pirlo will leave alongside Marchisio on Real's counter attack.

I also don't think Allegri took him off because he was tired, he simply wanted to switch to 3-5-2 and put Barza next to Bonucci who was on yellow and needed someone next to him like Max said.

I think you're too harsh for someone who has played really great and brave for his first CL match and in the semi's and against Real Madrid.

Last but not least, his save on Jame's header deserves a standing ovation TBH.
Obviously.

He implied starting Sturaro instead of Pogba for the next match...I'm of a mind a one-legged Pogba offers more than Sturaro.

Tactical or not, Perreyra would have offered everything Sturaro did and would be a danger on the counter. My opinion is he's a Nocerino in the making...we'll see.

That save was dumb luck. James headed the ball and it somehow deflected on Sturaro's foot and ended up at the crossbar. His foot could have just as easily ended on James' head. That was a high foot and we're lucky the ref didn't signal a penalty. It ended up great for us, but he had more luck than brains.

No need to exaggerate, no one said he is going to be the new Pogba or replace Pogba.

He's already the new De Rossi-Gattuso combo.
Yeah...you can say that when he becomes a key figure for us or Milan or Roma. If. One day. Maybe. Big, big maybe. TBH, I see no chance of him ever becoming anything more than a fringe player. If it happens, I'll gladly say I was talking bull.

DelPiero no10

Aug 19, 2013
He was useless, well out of his depth. Any of our midfielders could've put in a performances of standing in the right place, that's just how Allegri coaches. However in terms of real midfield work, he was a non factor. Infact, vidal was more of a factor and he played as the CAM. Vidal did more midfield defensive work, despite not being in his real position. On the ball he was nin existent, we were literally playing with 10 men, thankfully real were two with the decision to have ramos in midfield. Shocked that such a poor performance can get compliments.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Obviously.

That save was dumb luck.
That's pure determination, strong will, grinta and etc. He got lucky, of course, but he did all he could in a desperate situation and got rewarded for it. He took his chance without a second thought. Also, the tackle and the danger he created in the first half on the left wing for Tevez showed a lot. He did this brilliant. This was no fluke, he could be a really determined version of Marchisio with a lot of grinta and he can be awesome for us. He also made a very strong left footed shot in the first half. Very exciting player.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He was useless, well out of his depth. Any of our midfielders could've put in a performances of standing in the right place, that's just how Allegri coaches. However in terms of real midfield work, he was a non factor. Infact, vidal was more of a factor and he played as the CAM. Vidal did more midfield defensive work, despite not being in his real position. On the ball he was nin existent, we were literally playing with 10 men, thankfully real were two with the decision to have ramos in midfield. Shocked that such a poor performance can get compliments.
:lol:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Obviously.

He implied starting Sturaro instead of Pogba for the next match...I'm of a mind a one-legged Pogba offers more than Sturaro.
Pogba is the most complete midfielder in the world, he's too good to be compared to anyone.

Zach was questioning his fitness only, and I also disagree with him anyway, 50% of Pogba will do for me.

Tactical or not, Perreyra would have offered everything Sturaro did and would be a danger on the counter. My opinion is he's a Nocerino in the making...we'll see.

Perreyra is more offensive and sprints more on the counters, Sturaro is different with different characteristics, he covers more and was instructed not to attack, Allegri also said he had in plan before kick-off to put Perreyara in the 2nd half and hit Real on the counter attacks.

Just like you I wasn't totally confident when I saw the lineups but I can't question Allegri's choice since Sturaro did what he was asked to do and more if you ask me.

That save was dumb luck. James headed the ball and it somehow deflected on Sturaro's foot and ended up at the crossbar. His foot could have just as easily ended on James' head. That was a high foot and we're lucky the ref didn't signal a penalty. It ended up great for us, but he had more luck than brains.
Probably luck, but credits to him, had the balls to stop this or else this match would have been pretty much over.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Absolutely.

Perreyra is more offensive and sprints more on the counters, Sturaro is different with different characteristics, he covers more and was instructed not to attack, Allegri also said he had in plan before kick-off to put Perreyara in the 2nd half and hit Real on the counter attacks.

If Allegri really wanted just to switch to 3-5-2 and give support to Bonucci, he could have just as easily took out Marchisio, heck, even Pirlo. Why did he took out Sturaro if he played such a "great" game? The guy was by far the weakest link yesterday and everyone who sees something more to his performance is experiencing wishful thinking.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Absolutely.

If Allegri really wanted just to switch to 3-5-2 and give support to Bonucci, he could have just as easily took out Marchisio, heck, even Pirlo. Why did he took out Sturaro if he played such a "great" game? The guy was by far the weakest link yesterday and everyone who sees something more to his performance is experiencing wishful thinking.
You are right. Sorry.

Also Morata and Tevez were terrible and that's why they were subbed. On the spot you are. :smoke:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)