Stefano Sturaro (34 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Its pretty disgusting and downright peasant shitfuck mentality to underrate sturaro

I know, the inferior peasant filth can only rate the flair and fancy (endproduct or not), and doesnt know a single fuck about the defensive and organisatorial and tactical aspect of the game.

Sturaro had an excellent game in defensive and tactical aspect. He greatly disrupted the buildup from his side, made several high interceptions and steals wich let to a couple of good opportunities down the right several times in the first half. He was key in madrid not beeing able to play their preferred style all game, and lowered the pressure on pirlo surprisingly good. So good Pirlo actually had to try hard to fuck up

I tought the peasant shit would at least have seen that, but apparently even that is too hard.

Nope, he wasent freely pressing all over the place like vidal, cause that was not his role.

Seriously, the inferior peasant filth shitfucks have to stop beeing pretentious that they can analyse a game. You cant. And mods should step in and ban this nonsense before we have another outbreak of peasantry here.

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Again, his job is to take pressure off Pirlo, make spaces for others and mark individual opponents while covering the gap Pirlo leaves defensively.

Marchisio couple of years ago would finish the match with 15 passes maximum but still put an epic performance.

I don't know why you would want to judge the times he has touched the ball when Juve's overall ball possession was pretty good.
That's bull. Vidal and Marchisio "covered" for Pirlo for years and were visible on the pitch. Our ball possession was good but could have been better. This Juventus plays a possesion game, there's no space for midfielders running away from the ball.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
That's bull. Vidal and Marchisio "covered" for Pirlo for years and were visible on the pitch. Our ball possession was good but could have been better. This Juventus plays a possesion game, there's no space for midfielders running away from the ball.
Can you start every post you make from this point on with the line

"I'm terribly sorry to be a filthy peasant, but i feel the need to say some more fucking crap"

thanks

thirteen

Reversed Hierophant
Feb 8, 2015
Can you start every post you make from this point on with the line

"I'm terribly sorry to be a filthy peasant, but i feel the need to say some more fucking crap"

thanks
:lol: :lol:
I just can't comprehend what's going through some people's minds. If Sturaro was shit, then how would you describe Ramos?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I thought I've seen everything, but to criticize this kid's performance in the biggest game he has ever played, after the work he put in.

Wow.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll tell you what; Sturaro won't start next game. If he did so great and his sub was a technical decision, he's a given to start again in Madrid. I tell you though, that won't happen. At least I hope so.

And subbing Tevez was the second stupid decision made yesterday. 5 minutes to go when we're raining counter attacks and you take out our most dangerous player counter attacks. Tevez was evidently annoyed at being taken out. The chance Llorente messed up...that was tailor made for Tevez.

We won and we should be happy, but we could have and should have ended up with more from this match.
He may not start anyway if Pogba is healthy. Or, he just might, and Pirlo won't start. You'll have a midfield of Sturaro-Marchisio-Pogba with Vidal playing behind the strikers again, with Pereyra coming on at the end to tire them out.

And in regards to Tevez being a stupid substitution. He was already on a yellow, and you could tell he was gassed near the end of the match.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I remember Marchisio was always criticized at least 2years back because he wasn't involved much apart from defending and covering yet he always did his job well, similar characteristic to Didier Deschamp. Sturaro did absolutely the same thing last night and here's what Allegri said: “I made this choice because, Pereyra can change the game off the bench and Sturaro was in good shape. I needed someone with legs to help the defence.

“The lads did very well to defend with four in midfield and then to take turns blocking Sergio Ramos.

Tactically you can't ask more from Sturaro, he didn't entertain you much probably but that's not his characteristic. Gattuso didn't entertain much either and can barely be involved in ball possessions when Pirlo, Ambro, Seedorf where around him yet he was making others play their match while he was covering the pitch defensively.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I remember Marchisio was always criticized at least 2years back because he wasn't involved much apart from defending and covering yet he always did his job well, similar characteristic to Didier Deschamp. Sturaro did absolutely the same thing last night and here's what Allegri said: “I made this choice because, Pereyra can change the game off the bench and Sturaro was in good shape. I needed someone with legs to help the defence.

“The lads did very well to defend with four in midfield and then to take turns blocking Sergio Ramos.

Tactically you can't ask more from Sturaro, he didn't entertain you much probably but that's not his characteristic. Gattuso didn't entertain much either and can barely be involved in ball possessions when Pirlo, Ambro, Seedorf where around him yet he was making others play their match while he was covering the pitch defensively.
Rab, I appreciate destroyers in the midfield, from Deschamps to Makelele, Davids, Gatusso, etc. It's not about flair or creativity, it's about quality. I didn't see a hint of those qualities in this guy. I'm simply underwhelmed by what Sturaro showed and am flabbergasted some actually consider him MOM. His presence on the pitch was nowhere near commanding as it should be in such a position. Both Marchisio and Vidal offered more defensively than Sturaro did. And I reiterate, I don't remember seeing, for example, Gatusso being subbed in the 60th minute, unless he was performing badly or close to a second yellow. Those types of players are built to run and fight for days. Yet, Allegri took him out. I just don't get it. Had he been so good as you all claim, he could have easily took out any of the other 3 midfielders and put Barzagli in while having the same effect.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Rab, I appreciate destroyers in the midfield, from Deschamps to Makelele, Davids, Gatusso, etc. It's not about flair or creativity, it's about quality. I didn't see a hint of those qualities in this guy. I'm simply underwhelmed by what Sturaro showed and am flabbergasted some actually consider him MOM. His presence on the pitch was nowhere near commanding as it should be in such a position. Both Marchisio and Vidal offered more defensively than Sturaro did. And I reiterate, I don't remember seeing, for example, Gatusso being subbed in the 60th minute, unless he was performing badly or close to a second yellow. Those types of players are built to run and fight for days. Yet, Allegri took him out. I just don't get it. Had he been so good as you all claim, he could have easily took out any of the other 3 midfielders and put Barzagli in while having the same effect.
Yeah but this was a kid making his first ever Champions League start, not Gattuso. You have to judge them by different standards. He did very well considering his inexperience.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Really? Allegri subbing Sturaro for Barza rather than any of MVP is a reason for him not being good?

Considering the occasion, surely you're taking the piss?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Sturaro is a guy who has played very little since his transfer here, partially due to injury. He probably doesn't have 90 minutes in his legs currently in such a high pressure game. He worked his ass off, so he was tiring out and it was a perfect time to sub him off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)