Spit ban for Totti? (1 Viewer)

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

No its meaningless - it could have been slightly higher than the knee like you suggested but even then it was a VERY HIGH RISK tackle that could have injured the Danish player for months on end!
A player who controlls the ball like a god can controll were he tackles, but i agree that it was meaningless and a little stupid, but it is also very "blown up" just because it was Totti.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Francesco Totti

Okay, so you'd let me kick you above your knee and to the side, but not in your knee?
No i wouldnt let you, but if it happend i wouldnt make such a big deal about it either.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
A player who controlls the ball like a god can controll were he tackles
Controlling a ball is very different from being frustrated that you've played a shitty match and blatantly hacking away at a player's legs.
++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++i agree that it was meaningless and a little stupid, but it is also very "blown up" just because it was Totti.
I don't think it was blown up because it was Totti. Del Piero could've made that tackle and I'd still say he should've got sent off

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
A player who controlls the ball like a god can controll were he tackles, but i agree that it was meaningless and a little stupid, but it is also very "blown up" just because it was Totti.
Why? I have no quarrel with Totti. Nor am I a fan of Del Piero or even Gli Azzurri for that matter (or the Danes). That tackle was just gruesome and he should never have done it.

And yes he may be able to control where he tackles but he sometimes also ****s up his ball play. Therefor there was a risk he would have hit the knee of that Dane - and that makes it unacceptable.

OP
Juventino

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #48
    Totti caught up in Danish spit row

Italy golden boy Francesco Totti has been caught up in a spitting storm following the goalless draw with Denmark.

The Roma superstar has been captured on camera clashing with Christian Poulsen during his country's Group C opener in Guimaraes.

Danish newspaper DR published frame-by-frame pictures appearing to show Totti spitting towards Poulsen and Uefa may investigate the matter.

The authorities are determined to stamp out misconduct in Portugal and will be alerted by the images.

Totti was booked by referee Manuel Mejuto Gonzalez during the game but the alleged incident, prompting comparisons with Frank Rijkaard's infamous clash with Rudi Voller in the 1990 World Cup, went largely unnoticed.

http://euro2004.skysports.com/list....1071&title=Totti+caught+up+in+Danish+spit+row

Asma

Doctor Asma
    Oct 21, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Juventino ] ++
    I've read some posts that claims Danish TV had a special camera during the game and have caught a duel between Totti and Poulsen that ends up with Totti spitting in Poulsen's face???

is this true???

I mean I haven't seen anything about it on the media here? Since Sweden will play Italy here next one could think this is the things they would love to bring up!!???
    i didnt notice that,as i was fully absorbed into his braids.... :D lol! ....and into the match too... :D

Asma

Doctor Asma
    Oct 21, 2003
    ewwwwwwwwwwwww@ Totti,that was soo disgraceful..what will the others think of Italy?? A team with players with no manners... Bad boy Totti,Bad boy ....mummy is not proud of you ....lol!! :D

Asma

Doctor Asma
    Oct 21, 2003
    Totti is an excellent football player ,so what?? there is something called "manners" ....... he didnt have the right to do that at all..so what did C.Poulsen do after the spitting thing??

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
    The guy is an animal, a disgusting animal. He brings shame to Italy for that act.
    Well then i guess football players are animals, and Keane is the animal devil himself :). Totti can be a fool sometimes, but normally he doesnt do stuff like this.

Asma

Doctor Asma
    Oct 21, 2003
    well,i wouldn't describe players-with-no-manners as animals but i would describe them as players who donot respect their country,donot respect others feelings and who donot respect their own team.......i mean,instead of spitting in his face he should have shaked hands and all even if he was angry...i mean everyone was angry by then..its not C.Poulsen's fault at all..but Totti should have respected the game's manners .... :) Anyways,lets all hope he doesnt repeat that again...

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by MISS DUBAI ] ++
    well,i wouldn't describe players-with-no-manners as animals but i would describe them as players who donot respect their country,donot respect others feelings and who donot respect their own team....... i mean,instead of spitting in his face he should have shaked hands and all even if he was angry...i mean everyone was angry by then..its not C.Poulsen's fault at all..but Totti should have respected the game's manners .... :) Anyways,lets all hope he doesnt repeat that again...
    Well said Miss Dubai :thumb:

btw: Totti doesnt have manners for sure, but we have, so we shouldnt let us go out of control and call him/the others really bad names

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)