Spit ban for Totti? (2 Viewers)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
So everyone gets worked up on the spitting incident but nobody mentioned his tackle that could have ended the career of that Danish player? Having a knee injury myself, I know that I would have ended up in a wheelchair after a tackle like that.

Why he didn't get a red card I'll never understand :mad:
I didnt see that moment, but I read about that.
So when I came here to ask what happened, people were: eh, just a Totti's tackle, like nothing really happened, they justified him, maybe cause he is an Italian player and most of us support them?

Buy on AliExpress.com

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Also, a bad tackle might come out of frustration or a rush of blood, but spitting in someone's face is surely a bit more of a calculated and premeditated action
And thats' why you're going to excuse bad tackles? cause they might come out of frustration or a rush of blood?

imo they both may come from the same: splitting may come from rush af blood as well, and also tackles may be a calculated and premeditated action.

Anyway both are wrong, and we shouldnt excuse any of them easily.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
Probably the ref didn't see it that well, I know I didn't see exactly how nasty that tackle was until the replay.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
It's possible that UEFA can ban him for these actions, right? They did it with Bob Carlos and though I didn't see Totti do it during the game those pics are hard evidence and the Danes won't be happy.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
And thats' why you're going to excuse bad tackles? cause they might come out of frustration or a rush of blood?

imo they both may come from the same: splitting may come from rush af blood as well, and also tackles may be a calculated and premeditated action.

Anyway both are wrong, and we shouldnt excuse any of them easily.
I never tried to excuse it, I already said that he should've gotten a red card.

I was simply stating the reason for people maybe not taking the tackle as seriously as the spitting incident. Bad tackles happen in football all the time, but spitting is a fairly rare occurence, and when it comes to Totti, of course people are going to be quick to call him a bastard all over again.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

You still don't spit on your opponents, as that's highly against the rules, highly insulting to him and very stupid as the chance of getting sendt off for it and getting suspended for a long time is big.
:blah: you dont have to teach me how to behave, but who knows, maybe Totti was provocated, and its easy for you to be the guard of the moral.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
You don't know what led up to the climax of the situation or what provoked Totti, but you do know that he spat in Poulsen's face and that is NOT justifiable. Totti deserves a ban. Stupid prick.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
So everyone gets worked up on the spitting incident but nobody mentioned his tackle that could have ended the career of that Danish player? Having a knee injury myself, I know that I would have ended up in a wheelchair after a tackle like that.

It wasnt his knee, it was just above and at the side, geez how stupid do you think Totti is, he's not Keane!

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
You don't know what led up to the climax of the situation or what provoked Totti, but you do know that he spat in Poulsen's face and that is NOT justifiable. Totti deserves a ban. Stupid prick.
Who did you call stupid prick?....

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
He called Totti a stupid prick. Get back to grammar school already.

++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
It wasnt his knee, it was just above and at the side, geez how stupid do you think Totti is, he's not Keane!
That was on the side of the knee and either way close enough to seriously injure the Dane.

A fan of meaningless details aren't you? And trying to justify that kind of behaviour says a lot about you too.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

:blah: you dont have to teach me how to behave, but who knows, maybe Totti was provocated, and its easy for you to be the guard of the moral.
It doesn't matter if/how Totti was provoked, spitting in someone's face is not acceptable.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004

That was on the side of the knee and either way close enough to seriously injure the Dane.

A fan of meaningless details aren't you? And trying to justify that kind of behaviour says a lot about you too.
Meaningless details?, or important details you ignore maybe!!!!!

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
Even if he was provoked he still shouldn't spit on him, that's my point. If you're not willing to think about the moral reasons for not spitting, you should consider the damage done to the Italy NT if Totti receives a lengthy ban.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Meaningless details?, or important details you ignore maybe!!!!!
No its meaningless - it could have been slightly higher than the knee like you suggested but even then it was a VERY HIGH RISK tackle that could have injured the Danish player for months on end!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Who did you call stupid prick?....
Francesco Totti

Okay, so you'd let me kick you above your knee and to the side, but not in your knee?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)