Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Only 8 goals conceded this season :tuttosport:

14 cleansheets :tuttosport:

Godin :tuttosport:

dat defence :tuttosport:
What Simeone is doing there is nothing short of phenomenal. I don't think he gets as much credit as he deserves tbh, I'm really curious to see how well he'd do at a bigger team. Personally with the right players I expect him to dominate.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
What Simeone is doing there is nothing short of phenomenal. I don't think he gets as much credit as he deserves tbh, I'm really curious to see how well he'd do at a bigger team. Personally with the right players I expect him to dominate.
It would be great if he fails though. :agree:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
He did at first. We've gotten used to it, but it's still unbelievable just the same. Not sure why every top club needing a new coach isn't trying their best to sign him.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
He did at first. We've gotten used to it, but it's still unbelievable just the same. Not sure why every top club needing a new coach isn't trying their best to sign him.
Because every other top clubs wants to play flair and fancy footballs, which is the opposite of Simeone

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
@Post Ironic no matter. Let's bring that conversation here.

Btw did you know Romário just turned 50? Here's a epic story I once read about him and Cruyff. @Hustini @Fr3sh @swag @X @zizinho @Zacheryah @Osman @Martin @King of Kings @Emmet

That Romário hated training and anything related to it, we all know but this one takes the cake. One time when he was still at Barcelona, he asked Cruyff to give him 2 training days off so he could travel to Brazil (Apparently it was during Carnaval time and he wanted to party :lol: We all know him).

Cruyff then said if he was to score two goals the next match he would be given 2 extra days off.

Next day they were playing some team I can't recall and Romário managed to score 2 goals in the first 20 minutes of the match. Cruyff said that he immediatily made a gesture that meant he wanted to be taken out and said "Cruyff, my plane is leaving within the hour". Cruyff of course made good to his word and let him go. :lol:

Legend isn't a good enough word to define that guy.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
@Post Ironic no matter. Let's bring that conversation here.

Btw did you know Romário just turned 50? Here's a epic story I once read about him and Cruyff. @Hustini @Fr3sh @swag @X @zizinho @Zacheryah @Osman @Martin @King of Kings @Emmet

That Romário hated training and anything related to it, we all know but this one takes the cake. One time when he was still at Barcelona, he asked Cruyff to give him 2 training days off so he could travel to Brazil (Apparently it was during Carnaval time and he wanted to party :lol: We all know him).

Cruyff then said if he was to score two goals the next match he would be given 2 extra days off.

Next day they were playing some team I can't recall and Romário managed to score 2 goals in the first 20 minutes of the match. Cruyff said that he immediatily made a gesture that meant he wanted to be taken out and said "Cruyff, my plane is leaving within the hour". Cruyff of course made good to his word and let him go. :lol:

Legend isn't a good enough word to define that guy.
You just don't get those kind of characters anymore :lol:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Thats an awesome story :howler:

But that story in a nutshell explains why his club career in Europe was so short lived and dissapointing, when you speaking in top top consistent domination level. He simply didnt give a fvck and not even a 10th of being professional enough. With that insane level of skill, a medium low level of drive and professionalism would made him one of the GOATS more then he is, because he was a boss in 1 WC, so thats one big requirement in itself, but pissing away his club career compared to the heights it could taken (own the stage in consistent basis instead of the yoyo fashion it was) means missed opportunities (too long time in Holland too, 5 years, even if they were exceptional at the time). I'm sure he didnt give a fvck aslong as he enjoyed himself.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Thats an awesome story :howler:

But that story in a nutshell explains why his club career in Europe was so short lived and dissapointing, when you speaking in top top consistent domination level. He simply didnt give a fvck and not even a 10th of being professional enough. With that insane level of skill, a medium low level of drive and professionalism would made him one of the GOATS more then he is, because he was a boss in 1 WC, so thats one big requirement in itself, but pissing away his club career compared to the heights it could taken (own the stage in consistent basis instead of the yoyo fashion it was) means missed opportunities (too long time in Holland too, 5 years, even if they were exceptional at the time). I'm sure he didnt give a fvck aslong as he enjoyed himself.
I wouldn't call it disappointing. He managed to get a Ballon D'or, win every top scorer award in every year he was in Europe. Of course he could have stayed and dominate for many years but that wasn't him. The guy was simply too homesick, missed his parties with friends and his family and his futvolei. Some people aren't made to live overseas, they get too attached to the way things are in their homecountries and want nothing but just that.

I also wouldn't say that pissed his career away. We're not talking about the shit Brazilian league of today but of the 90's. Several of the many best players that were known in the rest of the world later were then playing in that league. It was a top league equal to all the others in Europe, maybe even Serie A.

He did give a fuck, a lot actually. He did so that he didn't leave the sport until all the way to his 40's. He loved it. He had a big ego though and an ideology that he had nothing left to learn from training, he knew everything he needed to know already. And in a way, being the biggest scorer in Football history, he was quite right. :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
He did give a $#@!, a lot actually. He did so that he didn't leave the sport until all the way to his 40's. He loved it. He had a big ego though and an ideology that he had nothing left to learn from training, he knew everything he needed to know already. And in a way, being the biggest scorer in Football history, he was quite right. :D
Imagine how mad Nedved would be at him if they had played on the same team :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)