[SPA] La Liga 2015/2016 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'd still call that a penalty according to today's game. slid with one foot, followed through with the other and ended up taking the player completely out in a fairly dangerous manner.

80s-90s... no way. But today, that's often a penalty even if you touch the ball first. As you still end up committing a pretty bad foul.
Nah, he blocks the ball and Neymar trips over the ball. I wouldn't call that a foul and I think it's a pretty good spot from the referee to be honest as it sure looked like a penalty.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
I'd still call that a penalty according to today's game. slid with one foot, followed through with the other and ended up taking the player completely out in a fairly dangerous manner.

80s-90s... no way. But today, that's often a penalty even if you touch the ball first. As you still end up committing a pretty bad foul.
Nah, he blocks the ball and Neymar trips over the ball. I wouldn't call that a foul and I think it's a pretty good spot from the referee to be honest as it sure looked like a penalty.
I wouldn't call it a penalty in a million years. But Post Ironic is right. Given the pussy standard of today that could have been seen as a penalty. Although he gets the ball first he then ran him over after that. Some referees would see it as one. But only because of the pussiness of today's Football.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I wouldn't call it a penalty in a million years. But Post Ironic is right. Given the pussy standard of today that could have been seen as a penalty. Although he gets the ball first he then ran him over after that. Some referees would see it as one. But only because of the pussiness of today's Football.
:agree:

Refs all the time are calling fouls now for players who get ball first but completely wipe out the player after. And this one was a pretty clear case of that.

It's idiotic, but at some point there has to be some sort of standardization of refereeing, where we go back to the days where as long as you got ball first, you could pretty much blow-up a player on the follow through, or we have some sort of clarification of what exactly is a foul if the tackler gets the ball first. Because I've seen that called a foul countless times in the last year, especially because of the second leg coming through the player.

Football is such a sissy sport these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't get me wrong, I don't want that to be a penalty, I think it's a fantastic tackle.

But watch the slow-mo from 20-24 seconds. Neymar doesn't in the slightest trip over the ball, the defenders leg sweeps through and and his knee/thigh takes out both of Neymar's feet as Neymar tries to step over the tackle.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:agree:

Refs all the time are calling fouls now for players who get ball first but completely wipe out the player after. And this one was a pretty clear case of that.

It's idiotic, but at some point there has to be some sort of standardization of refereeing, where we go back to the days where as long as you got ball first, you could pretty much blow-up a player on the follow through, or we have some sort of clarification of what exactly is a foul if the tackler gets the ball first. Because I've seen that called a foul countless times in the last year, especially because of the second leg coming through the player.

Football is such a sissy sport these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't get me wrong, I don't want that to be a penalty, I think it's a fantastic tackle.

But watch the slow-mo from 20-24 seconds. Neymar doesn't in the slightest trip over the ball, the defenders leg sweeps through and and his knee/thigh takes out both of Neymar's feet as Neymar tries to step over the tackle.
Hmmm maybe.. Barca would probably get it in the CL that's for sure.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yes they would. And Fred would defend it, and call us savages for supporting tougher football.

I'm a River Plate fan, so I was very happy it wasn't called. Disappointing game. Expected, but still disappointing.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Sergi Guardiola's Barcelona Contract Rescinded After Offensive Tweets

Sergi Guardiola's contract with Barcelona has been rescinded just hours after the club signed the 24-year-old. The Blaugrana discovered a series of tweets insulting both the club and the region of Catalonia.

A career journeyman, Guardiola recently terminated his contract with Alcorcon and was offered a deal by Barcelona B after a successful tryout.

The midfielder, who can also play as a forward, has played for a wide variety of clubs since graduating from Lorca Deportiva's academy in 2010. He moved to Alcorcon after an excellent 2014-15 campaign with Eldense, but he barely saw any playing time with Los Alfareros.

Fans didn't know much about Guardiola and spent most of the afternoon checking out some of his highlights, and some Twitter users discovered the offensive tweets.

While most fans were either outraged by the tweets or laughing at his short spell with the club, some seemed to realise Guardiola sent those tweets a long time ago, and he is now paying dearly for his mistake.

Spanish footballers have landed in hot water for tweeting and making public comments about Barcelona or Real Madrid before. Per Super Deporte (h/t Inside Spanish Football's Heath Chesters), Los Blancos star Isco once said he was an "antimadridista," that he disliked Real and found the club and their fans to be arrogant. Four years later, he donned the iconic white kit himself.

It should be a lesson for young footballers around the world: Everything you post on social media can come back to haunt you.

:lol:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Bale is the best crosser in the game. Sublime crossing. This guy could be deadly if he played on his favorite side.

Ronaldo still has mad finishing instincts.

Barca's trio are unfair. Not only is each individual playing at a level that is insane, but their chemistry is so good they are easily the best attack probably in history.

Suarez takes very little credit for his work. He is a footballing legend. What an amazing talent. This generation of attackers is better than anything else in the history of football.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Woah, what a miss by Suarez. Espanyol :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

No yellow for Busquets for two-footed challenge, gtfo

Laughable officiating, now Messi awarded himself a freekick.

- - - Updated - - -

0-0 :weee: fuck barca

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@CrimsonianKing

With Messi, Barcelona has won 1 of their last 5 matches in La Liga and CL. 4 draws. Against really mediocre competition too. Valencia, Leverkusen, Deportivo, Espanyol.

This team is better balanced without Messi. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)