[SPA] La Liga 2015/2016 (58 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
Why would you hope for the failure of an absolute legend of the game and a former Juventus player.
I adore the man. He was the reason I started watching football and Juve. I will always hold him in high regard as a player. But as far as wishing him the best in Madrid? I hope they crash and burn this season, same for all clubs not named Juventus for that matter.

I find the entire "our Guardiola" vibe Madrid are trying to sell with Zidane contrived and faker than a three dollar bill. As much as I hate on Pep, Cruyff, Barça and their pretentious ethos. At least Pep was a home grown player who was moved through the ranks playing Cruyff/Barça ball. Also, he was far from a sure thing when he took over the senior team in '08. He was just as much a gamble as Ciro was when we appointed him. They were expecting a rebuild with having sold Ronaldinho that year, but no one foresaw the awakening of Messi and how all the right pieces managed to coalece for them.

I believe Madrid appointing Zidane is more a nod to romaticism than it is about pragmatism. I think Zizou will have the respect of every player in that dressing room, I will give him that. But as a manager, what else does he bring to the table? His biggest appointment prior to the senior team s Real Madrid castilla or Real Madrid B if im not mistaken. The exact kind of experience Ciro had when we appointed him to the senior team. Point being, he's greener than freshly mowed grass. RM as a club is hardly the environment conducive to develop as a manager.

I'll always hve massive respect and admiration for Zidane, not just for his history with us, but also for the happy early teenage memories he was part of. But he's going to find himself up shit creek, drifting towards diarrhoea river, without a paddle soon.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Do they?

The core of their team has still been largely based on youth products. No shortage of examples of stupid signings or significantly overpaying for players when they've had to go out and buy players. And even when they have made a great signing like Suarez, they were only correcting a mistake they made when they got rid of Eto'o.

Real Madrid is, to a large extent, just classic Real Madrid stuff. It's the same Makelele/Cambiasso lesson that they keep refusing to learn. Put a good defensive midfielder in that team next to Modric and you'll have a team that can function pretty well (even if it's just as a collection of individuals). But they won't sacrifice one star fancy player to make that happen so they deserve to suffer.
Over-paying when the club is looking to get the best player in every position is not a vice but a virtue. Having the best new attacker in the game is worth overpaying by 30-40 mill compared to having the second best attacker in the game especially that money is not an issue for the club in any sense. I actually admire what they did with Ibra. They identified him as the hottest talent in the world and paid whatever it took to have him. When they saw that he unsettled Messi and that barca overall would be better with Messi in the middle than Ibra they kicked Ibra out and didnt bat an eye. I admire their commitment to having the best quality at all costs. Who cares if you paid an extra 30 mill to get Neymar if you actually got neymar and Madrid did not and have to do with Bale. Who cares if you over pay but get Suarez and Madrid have to do with Benzema. Barca cannot rely on youth products forever if they want to maintain their position on top of the football world. The results of both la masia and their transfer strategy over the years have been legendary.

Dox28

Aug 31, 2015
Didn't expect that at all..Doest it mean Roma has higher chances to knock them out?

- - - Updated - - -

Zidane will crash and burn. Pretty much like inzaghi zseedorf but 2 or 3 levels worst because of the pressure and stage.
To be fair , hard to compare.. Inzaghi had Honda DJ Cerci and Zidane has Bale, Ronaldo Modric etc...

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Didn't expect that at all..Doest it mean Roma has higher chances to knock them out?

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair , hard to compare.. Inzaghi had Honda DJ Cerci and Zidane has Bale, Ronaldo Modric etc...
Nope. Jesus has to come down himself to help Garcia avoid a thrashing.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
So I guess this is the end for Rafa at a truly top club.

Unless he goes back to Liverpool one day :seven:

Quite simply, one of the most overrated (and lucky) managers in the history of football.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I never got why madrid decided a fat coach who didnt do shit for a decade was the good replacement for a world class multi CL winning coach that just won la decima

Apr 29, 2006
This is going to be a major mind fuck. What's gonna happen now?
Surely they can't win La Liga. As sure as 3to1, but can they lose to Roma, while Italy overtakes England? Man would I love the hear interviews afterwards: "Italian teams are never easy..."

Perhaps we should hold on to our bucks for the major bargain sale that is going to go through the summer? On the other hand we know at least one team to bid 100m for Pogba next summer... :(

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
:hihi: Real Madrid

zidane over ranieri :sergio: @Bianconero_Aus
Don Claudio would steady the ship there nicely...

- - - Updated - - -

I never got why madrid decided a fat coach who didnt do shit for a decade was the good replacement for a world class multi CL winning coach that just won la decima
Florentino Perez is a retard. CL win aside (which they were a minute away from losing), he has been disastrous for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)