[SPA] La Liga 2014/2015 (6 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo, Zlatan(used to) yeah. Most off the others cut to the inside but dont really dribble the player, they just get a clear line for a pass or a shot.
That's a very important point. People seem to mistake that as actually dribbling. most players today are only able to do that much. As you said, especially the so-called good wingers.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Exactly. Let me name an example.

Overmars.

Most people like now are like "who the fuck was that ?"

Was a winger. Dribbeling wise, could do exactly what Hazard, Robben, Sanchez, etc did, and put in an excellent cross.

But when you live in the era of Del Piero prime, Baggio, Zidane, Rivaldo, Bebeto, Ronaldo(9), and so many others, that isnt quite enough.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
@CrimsonianKing I have not seen the incident, but Bilbao has always been a disgusting side, defo the worst in Spain with their racist policies and peasant fans. Luis enrique is just using this to get back at neymar who probably pays no mind to what he says, as the whole world can see he's a little man.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Ancelotti <--> Benitez is really happening? Real vice prez said the transfer will be officialized next week WTF. Always estimated the rumour to be a joke, like Klopp to Real.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
@CrimsonianKing I have not seen the incident, but Bilbao has always been a disgusting side, defo the worst in Spain with their racist policies and peasant fans. Luis enrique is just using this to get back at neymar who probably pays no mind to what he says, as the whole world can see he's a little man.

:agree: right about that. Neymar himself said he won't stop playing the way he does and he shouldn't. Joke of a coach.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
What is now considered amazing individual brilliance was nothing but commonplace 15-20 years ago.

The difference is that the opposing players back then would make you pay if you kept trying it by playing physical, not by playing dirty.

So much fun has been taken out of the game that when someone tries to express themselves, the opposition are automatically conditioned to take it as an insult and then act like thugs.

But Luis Enrique are you fucking serious? Not defending your own player? THere is a difference between constructive criticism and out and out taking the other team's side. You doucehbag.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

:agree: right about that. Neymar himself said he won't stop playing the way he does and he shouldn't. Joke of a coach.
:delpiero:

Love Neymar, it really is too bad that these kind of skills are being phased out of the game, when your own manager takes to the media to criticize you for doing them, you know that soon enough they will be extinct :disagree:

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
What is now considered amazing individual brilliance was nothing but commonplace 15-20 years ago.

The difference is that the opposing players back then would make you pay if you kept trying it by playing physical, not by playing dirty.

So much fun has been taken out of the game that when someone tries to express themselves, the opposition are automatically conditioned to take it as an insult and then act like thugs.

But Luis Enrique are you fucking serious? Not defending your own player? THere is a difference between constructive criticism and out and out taking the other team's side. You doucehbag.
Well said, my man. It's become a joke of a sport, really. We still watch it because well we grew up doing so, it's a habit too hard to kill.

But it's good that at least some people realize now that it's not just "an old man's nostalgia talk" when we say modern Football has gone so wrong in so many areas. Little by little every little thing that made Football special is vanishing. It's sad, really.

It's like it's wrong to be individually skilled nowadays, it's against some imaginary rule i'm not aware of. The very few players who still persist and express themselves are so far ahead of the rest it's scary.

Luis Enrique is a - in his own language - gilipollas.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Neymar didn't humiliate anyone, he tried but he failed. I don't get the fuss about it.

They should laugh at him instead of being pissed.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Neymar didn't humiliate anyone, he tried but he failed. I don't get the fuss about it.

They should laugh at him instead of being pissed.
He didn't fail, the Bilbao player just fouled him :D

Which is absolutely fine, foul him, get your yellow card, get on with it. Everything else is ridiculous.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

Well said, my man. It's become a joke of a sport, really. We still watch it because well we grew up doing so, it's a habit too hard to kill.

But it's good that at least some people realize now that it's not just "an old man's nostalgia talk" when we say modern Football has gone so wrong in so many areas. Little by little every little thing that made Football special is vanishing. It's sad, really.

It's like it's wrong to be individually skilled nowadays, it's against some imaginary rule i'm not aware of. The very few players who still persist and express themselves are so far ahead of the rest it's scary.

Luis Enrique is a - in his own language - gilipollas.
ahh yes, the good ol' "back in my days everything used to better"

how about you two stop watchingmodern footbal, and keep watching re runs and youtube vids of the "good ol' days" and high five each other? leave the real football to us people who dont require walkers and peeing 3 times at night hmm?

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
He didn't fail, the Bilbao player just fouled him :D

Which is absolutely fine, foul him, get your yellow card, get on with it. Everything else is ridiculous.
Wel, he got thrown down like a bitch instead of getting past the defender, I hardly see it as a success.

Humiliation is what Ronaldinho did in the video Osman posted the other page, or Messi's goal vs Bilbao.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

But Luis Enrique are you $#@!ing serious? Not defending your own player? THere is a difference between constructive criticism and out and out taking the other team's side. You doucehbag.
It's not like Barca was running up the score or anything either. It was 3-1 with 5 minutes + injury time left. Yes, the game is pretty likely wrapped up, but 1 more goal puts it beyond the shadow of a doubt. And Neymar was trying to make a move toward goal. Ridiculous that anyone is upset over this.

Defenders were allowed to play physical in the past. You'd be made to pay for showboating and running up the score with physical play and hard tackles that were at the time considered alright. And the best of the best often managed to avoid the worst of these, and to continue to show their class. The difference is that nowadays your hardly even allowed to slide in toward a Ronaldo, a Messi, a Neymar type without the ref reaching for his cards, regardless of the severity of the tackle. Physical play has been taken out of the game, and eventually the frustration of defenders having no tricks left for even attempting to stop players like these, leads to frustration and anger, and violent and dirty lashing out.

It's a real joke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)