[SPA] La Liga 2009/2010 (11 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Inter are further in the Champions League thanks to Eto'o and his goal against Chelsea. Something Ibrahimovic could not manage to do against United last season even though having countless chances.
I disagree. Ibrahimovic could be by far a better player for this Inter (having Milito alongside him and Sneijder behind him). With Ibra, they would have been many points ahead of Roma and Milan in the league and they'd have still eliminated Chelsea. If Inter managed to go further in the CL it's all because of Mourinho and also because of having a creative player in the midfield, what Inter were lacking for years.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I have barely watched them this season, I just know that they eliminated Chelsea in the CL and based on your theory they don't have much to prove in Serie A.
Barca don't need to prove something by beating teams 10:0. But they still want to beat these teams and they beat these teams.
Inter can't do that.

Only now starts the "new" schedule for Inter compared to last year. Last year too they played in CL until March and last year too they didn't have anything to prove in serie A. But when things didn't work in serie A they had certain someone to win those matches alone. This year they don't have such a player even though the team is, apparently, stronger in every position.
After 31 rounds and the same number of matches both in Europe and serie A, Inter has 63 pts in the league right now. They had 73 pts this time last year.
The only difference is that they didn't eliminate Manchester in Europe, but they eliminated Chelsea this year (they were almost eliminated from the CL group though, so it's not like they were playing much better in Europe. Only on those two matches against Chelsea they were better. 2 matches compared to 31 matches.

Lets make it short. You think that Inter fucked up Barca with that transfer. But tell me how exactly?
It's one thing to say that Inter gained more than Barca from that transfer, but you picture it as if Barca were seriously fucked up and Inter gained a loooooot.
Tell me what from this season proved that it's the case?
Oh, and if somehow Inter end up trophyless, what then? Or if both end up trophyless? Will you then say that both teams fucked it up or still Inter will be the ones who gained a looooot and fucked up Barca?

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
What if Eto'o didn't score that goal?
Had Chelsea not scored then they would've been through, that goal just offered security. I think most of us can agree that Ibrahimovic was suited to Inter and Eto'o to Barca I think it's hard to pick between the two. Yet Eto'o always seemed to score in the League and Champions League where as Ibra did not. I will never forget the games against Liverpool and Arsenal when Ibra played for us.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Barca don't need to prove something by beating teams 10:0. But they still want to beat these teams and they beat these teams.
Inter can't do that.

Only now starts the "new" schedule for Inter compared to last year. Last year too they played in CL until March and last year too they didn't have anything to prove in serie A. But when things didn't work in serie A they had certain someone to win those matches alone. This year they don't have such a player even though the team is, apparently, stronger in every position.
After 31 rounds and the same number of matches both in Europe and serie A, Inter has 63 pts in the league right now. They had 73 pts this time last year.
The only difference is that they didn't eliminate Manchester in Europe, but they eliminated Chelsea this year (they were almost eliminated from the CL group though, so it's not like they were playing much better in Europe. Only on those two matches against Chelsea they were better. 2 matches compared to 31 matches.

Lets make it short. You think that Inter fucked up Barca with that transfer. But tell me how exactly?
It's one thing to say that Inter gained more than Barca from that transfer, but you picture it as if Barca were seriously fucked up and Inter gained a loooooot.
Tell me what from this season proved that it's the case?
Oh, and if somehow Inter end up trophyless, what then? Or if both end up trophyless? Will you then say that both teams fucked it up or still Inter will be the ones who gained a looooot and fucked up Barca?
How can I answer that when I don't remember myself saying that Inter fucked up Barca with that transfer? Inter were going to lose Ibra, they made the best deal out of it. They brought Eto'o and Sneijder. I always insisted that Eto'o won't be half the player Ibra was for Inter but Ibra wanted to leave and Barca helped Inter to lose him in the best way possible.

Barca on the other hand were absolutely in no need to replace Eto'o with another player let alone with squandering that amount of money. If they are still (arguably) the best team in the world it's because they have the best players in their team and Messi is having his best season of his career so far. They didn't need to replace Eto'o and they didn't need to waste money on that. Instead they could have invested on a LB, a CB or on a DM.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I agree with the guys who say that Barca last season were better than this season.

Its not because of the Ibra-Etoo situation but more to do with both Xavi and Iniesta drop of forms this season (those two were flying last season).

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
And you make it sound like Inter weren't gonna have the same team without the Zlatan-Eto-o swap.
Milito and Motta were bought long before the Zlatan-Eto'o deal. So was Lucio.
The only new players are Sneijder and Pandev.
If Inter didn't make the Zlatan-Eto'o swap, do you think that Moratti wasn't gonna pay the 15m for Sneijder?

We can't know for sure, but I think that these money didn't make much difference to Moratti. I think Inter were gonna have the same players with the only difference being Zlatan in the team instead of Eto'o.

It was gonna be an even stronger Inter, imo.

It's Barca who didn't gain much, or at all, from this year and plus they splashed money. They were super strong already and they didn't need to change anything.
Inter on the other hand, imo, were gonna be stronger if they didn't make this transfer and they kept Zlatan. They'd have had the same team they have now, with Zlatan instead of Eto'o. They were gonna be where they are in Europe and far ahead of Milan and Roma in the league.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
You remember that I told you Inter with Ibra would have been a much better team because Eto'o can't settle in their system of play, don't you? But I still believe that Inter made the best deal possible out of it. They were inevitably going to lose Ibra and no team was stupid enough to hand them a world class striker + 40m.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Athletico with the lead from a well played simple passes that ended with a curling shot from no one else than Reyes :D

Tiago was involved with the whole thing from start to finish :shifty:

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
this score line is good for the neutral bec i want to witness for the second time how real madrid pour everything going forward to equalize.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)