[SPA] La Liga 2009/2010 (6 Viewers)

Jul 10, 2006
Aguero and Forlan want to stay, insist Atletico

Atletico Madrid strikers Sergio Aguero and Diego Forlan want to stay at the Primera Liga club, sporting director Jesus Garcia Pitarch said on Wednesday.

Uruguayan Forlan, Primera Liga top scorer last season, and Argentine Aguero have been linked in the Spanish media with moves to champions Barcelona.

However, Garcia Pitarch said he had spoken to the pair, as well as captain Maxi Rodriguez and winger Simao Sabrosa, and all four indicated they had no desire to leave.

"They have a very strong commitment to the club," Garcia Pitarch said in comments on Atletico's website.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=653878&sec=europe&cc=5901

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
"Proven at the top level?" What level is that? :faq1: Consistently in the top3 strikers in the league and by miles the best striker in the national team. What else are we waiting for?
I didn't say Villa is not proven at the top level. I said that Torres is more proven at the top level, refer to my post again. By that i meant, that he has played in the CL and has proven himself there. Also he was last year one of the top 3 players in the world, Torres's season last year was better than any year Villa had.

Despite all that, i am not saying that Torres is better. I am just saying it's hard to choose between the two, and isn't as easy as most folk make it out to be. Villa is more fancy, don't make him better.

So Forlan is not "proven at the top level"? Please tell me you're trolling, my brain is about to explode.
Well of course he is proven at the top level, he's playing in the Liga for fucks sake. I just think that he's made to look better than he is, due to the fact that the Liga is much more open than other leagues.

I wouldn't classify him as a top 10 striker.

Mar 30, 2006
Name 10 better then him ;)
Trezeguet
RVN
Etoo
Torres
Adebayor
Ibra
Drogba
RVP
Amauri
Milito
Villa
Gila?
Iaquinta?
Anelka?
Dzeko?

I dont know if they are better .. like you could argue Forlan is better than Milito or he scored more than Villa (but he is not better than Villa). He is a good player regardless though and can bang in the goals in La Liga for sure. This is the second time he is top scorer.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Villa, Torres, Ibra, Drogba, Eto are the only ones you can say for sure are better then him in that list.

Trez and Ruud when they are healthy and scoring their usual numbers nowadays, are more or less same level as Forlan. He isnt a great layer, but a great goalscorer. Underrated, despite scoring heaps and heaps from everywhere, for fun.

Mar 30, 2006
Villa, Torres, Ibra, Drogba, Eto are the only ones you can say for sure are better then him in that list.

Trez and Ruud when they are healthy and scoring their usual numbers nowadays, are more or less same level as Forlan. He isnt a great layer, but a great goalscorer. Underrated, despite scoring heaps and heaps from everywhere, for fun.
Forlan has a canon for a leg. I do like him as a player. Though when he had cornrows in his hair my opinion dropped a tad

David01

Aug 20, 2006
I would have welcomed him with open arms at Juve but there never was any real talk of him
I admire the guy for what he has done at Villareal, just hope he survives that snake-pit

David01

Aug 20, 2006

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
jesus christ, that's what? 100 million euros? crazy. is any one man worth that much money? if you add the 60 million euros for kaka, they've spent something like 150 000 000 euros in the space of 1 month! thing is, they'd still probably get skinned by barca:lol:.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)