[SPA] La Liga 2009/2010 (92 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Laporta blasts Kaka deal

Tuesday 9 June, 2009

Barcelona President Joan Laporta believes Kaka's £59m move to Real Madrid sets a dangerous precedent for football.

Laporta insists the transfer distorts the market and doesn't help the football industry in the midst of a global recession.

“It's an opportunity to demonstrate that the market operates at other levels. To pay this sort of figure is outside of the norm.

“It's not adequate in the reality of the market, it actually distorts it,” Laporta explained before saying he would not be involved in a similar transfer.

Barcelona have been strongly linked with a £70m offer for Inter striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic in recent weeks, but Laporta's words suggest he has no intention of paying such a ludicrous figure.

“We only have to carry out a few retouches. I am calm,” Laporta concluded.

channel4.com
hypocrite

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Rumor saying RM have signed Villa for 38m. Valencia needs cash really badly with the huge debt, but Villa is both the best Spanish striker and the only decent one for Valencia.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
This could be the most exciting transfer window of all time.
I love hating Real Madrid when Perez is their pres :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I'd see how Villa does at a big team before i pass judgment. Villa for me, is better technically and is a better finisher, Torres on the other hand is stronger, faster and proven at the top level more. It's hard to choose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)