[SPA] La I beat you 8-0 Liga 2012/2013 (160 Viewers)

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Ancelotti and Madrid reach verbal agreement - 'Le Parisien'

French newspaper 'Le Parisien' has reported that Real Madrid and Carlo Ancelotti have reached a verbal agreement that will see the Italian taking over as coach of 'Los Blancos' next season.

Madrid president Florentino Pérez has long been an admirer of Ancelotti, the current coach of Paris Saint-Germain, and the Italian's future in France is up in the air, with speculation linking Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger and Madrid boss José Mourinho to the job.

According to 'Le Parisien', Ancelotti is relaxed about his future, as he has received a number of offers from high profile clubs. Liverpool and Manchester City are believed to have made contact with him in December, but it is the job at the Santiago Bernabéu which he is more interested in than any other.

Madrid wanted to hire Ancelotti in 2009 immediately after Florentino won the club's presidential elections. The Italian has a clause in his contract which guarantees him a new deal with PSG should the club finish in the top three in Ligue 1 this season, but he has admitted he would be open to leaving the club.

"If the club are not happy with me, I will have no problem in leaving," he said in an interview with L'Equipe.

The 53-year-old has not spent a season without a club since he began coaching in 1995. Since then he has coached Reggina, Parma, Juventus, AC Milan, Chelsea and PSG.

He enjoyed his most successful period with Milan, who he coached between 2001 and 2009 and where he won two Champions Leagues, one Serie A title, the Club World Cup, and two European Super Cups.
http://www.as.com/english/articulo/ancelotti-and-madrid-reach-verbal/20130220dasdenspo_5/Ten

Mou to PSG likely ?

And most importantly can we pry Veratti off their hands ?

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Doubt he'd go to France. If Ancelotti leaves i expect PSG's new coach to bring in his own players & trim the fat. With Poli being linked to the club would Verratti still be an option?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Mou when asked about PSG:

Jose Mourinho has again said he would be interested in the possibility of taking charge at a French club as speculation continues to link him with a summer switch to Paris Saint-Germain.

Mourinho, 50, is widely expected to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season. Although the former Chelsea boss has often said he would like to return to England, it now seems he could be tempted by life in Ligue 1.

"It's a possibility," the Portuguese told Canal+. "But I don't know when. I can't say when. But why not?"

Qatari-owned PSG are the only French outfit that could provide the squad and resources to match Mourinho's ambition.

In a radio interview with RMC last month, the coach also said he would be interested in taking charge of PSG, but added that he hoped that would not mean him replacing Carlo Ancelotti.

"I hope they'll have success with Carlo and [sporting director] Leonardo and they won't need another coach," he explained. "I'm happy Paris has this project. It's fantastic."

A swap between Ancelotti and Mourinho has been mooted more than once in the French media, with Madrid president Florentino Perez a known admirer of the Italian.

A recent article in Le Parisien claimed Perez had already contacted him about the Madrid job.

Ancelotti, 53, threw his future at the Parc des Princes into doubt earlier this month when he revealed his contract would only be extended beyond the end of the season if PSG finished in the top three in Ligue 1.

He told L'Equipe that he could leave the club if either he or the owners "were not satisfied".

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
he's 71. i wonder if he pulls a paterno.
Basically he's going to keep going until his doctor taps him on the shoulder and tells him he should pack it in, he's said as much several times.

People have been saying 1-2 years more for Fergie since he turned 60, but the whiskey and wine seems to be holding him together.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
I really feel bad for Bilbao. Every time i watched them this season they were always being humiliated. I feel bad for Bielsa.

Last season they had a great offensive and a shitty defence, this season it's all shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 160)