South American Football (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Corinthians and Palmeiras will face each other today. And knowing their history of rivalry it could very well be football-related.

It's a scary thought. Everything could go back to being as violent as the 90's if they find that Palmeiras ultras had something to do with it... And let me tell you, it's not a pretty picture.

They will want revenge and we both know that whoever gets hit will always want to hit back, it's a never ending cycle.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Corinthians and Palmeiras will face each other today. And knowing their history of rivalry it could very well be football-related.

It's a scary thought. Everything could go back to being as violent as the 90's if they find that Palmeiras ultras had something to do with it... And let me tell you, it's not a pretty picture.

They will want revenge and we both know that whoever gets hit will always want to hit back, it's a never ending cycle.
thats what im saying, id think theyd cancel it

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
thats what im saying, id think theyd cancel it
I don't think they can. I mean at least without proof of their involvement. Still, as dumb as Football fans are i have no doubt some Corinthians fans will assume their fans did it, and will do something about it.

I've been to a few Corinthians vs. Palmeiras in the 90's when their rivalry was at it's highest and seen some crazy shit. But i'm hoping today doens't top the bill. Surely if i was back in Brazil i'd never even get close to the stadium today.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I don't think they can. I mean at least without proof of their involvement. Still, as dumb as Football fans are i have no doubt some Corinthians fans will assume their fans did it, and will do something about it.

I've been to a few Corinthians vs. Palmeiras in the 90's when their rivalry was at it's highest and seen some crazy shit. But i'm hoping today doens't top the bill. Surely if i was back in Brazil i'd never even get close to the stadium today.

what why

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
:lol: oh lord i did read it black
Anyways, Corinthians vs Palmeiras derby will kick off at 3PM EST.

Seeing as Inter vs Milan is a pretty mediocre derby nowadays i'll be watching it instead.

- - - Updated - - -

[h=1]Eight Corinthians fans dead in fanbase massacre[/h]Police do not think the brutal murders are football-related but - to the surprise of many - Sunday's derby game against Palmeiras will go ahead

Eight Corinthians fans were murdered as part of an armed attack against a fan headquarters on Saturday.

It is the fourth murder incident recorded in Sao Paulo in the past few weeks but the first with a strong link to football, as all eight people were shot at the headquarters of Corinthians fan group Pavilhao Nove.

Police confirmed to Brazilian outlet Folha de Sao Paulo that witnesses reported two armed men bursting into the vicinity shortly before midnight and forcing people to lie face-down on the ground.

They then shot seven of the unarmed football fans in the head, killing them immediately, while the eighth victim escaped to the street after being shot but later died at the university's hospital.

The deaths are being investigated as murders by police, who ruled out any suggestions that Sunday's derby game between Corinthians and Palmeiras had anything to do with the attack and instead suggested a drug trafficking row is responsible.

Corinthians football club released an image on Twitter of the word 'Luto' which translates from Portuguese as 'mourning'.

Surprisingly, however, Brazilian football authorities are refusing to suspend Sunday's Campeonato Paulista semi-final - the culmination of a 20-team state-wide tournament - between the Sao Paulo teams.

Corinthians fan group Pavilhao Nove, who are yet to release a statement on their social media outlets following the murders, were founded in 1990.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)