Soon to be official: Mutu to Juve (3 Viewers)

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
"Mutu left London on Thursday for Italy and he’ll sign a deal with Juventus on Friday," his agent, Gica Popescu, has said.

Moreover, it is understood that the deal could be extended if both clubs reach an agreement.

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
Sports.it and gazzetta.it are reporting that Chelsea has send Mutu to Juve on loan 1 year... so I guess no Gilardino :sad:
we have to acept that gilardino wont come to torino...hes a romanisti already.

dreamer

Aug 7, 2003

Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu is set to join Juventus on a year-long loan, according to his agent.

The Italian club have been pursuing the Romanian international for several weeks and could complete the transfer imminently.

'It's now 99% likely that Mutu will sign a contract with Juventus Torino today,' Mutu's agent, Ioan Becali, told Romanian channel TV Sport.

Mutu is to fly to Turin for a medical, and it is expected that he will sign a 12-month contract.

His departure from Stamford Bridge, albeit on a temporary basis, comes just a year after he signed from Parma.

The 25-year-old cost Chelsea &pound15.8million, but after a bright start to his career in the Premiership there came a lull in his performances and he finished last season with just six league goals.

The arrival of Didier Drogba apparently pushed Mutu to the back of the queue for places in Jose Mourinho's attack.

The Romanian was a major success in Italian football, and scored 17 goals in 30 matches during the 2002/03 season before signing for Chelsea, forging a lethal partnership with Adriano, who has since joined Inter Milan, another of Mutu's former clubs.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=306175&cc=4716

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by julio1011 ] ++
http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=15234&idSez=16

that's an article stating that fiorentina are no longer interested in mutu so it's just chelsea juve and adrian
Woop dee doo, the financial powerhouses Fiorentina aren't interested anymore, so the small powerless Juve have permission to sign him. :groan:
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
So he thinks that he will be a starter with Juve?
He should most definitely be a starter, I'd pick him before any of our forwards any day of the week.

Mutu's a fantastic player, and if we got him, i must admit it would go a long way towards healing my wounds over not getting Gilardino, though if Gila goes to Roma I'll still be fuming

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
It's still only a loan at the moment though. So basically it's a stop gap solution unless he really likes it here and Chelsea are prepared to sell at the end of the season. Which won't come cheap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)