Soon to be official: Mutu to Juve (4 Viewers)

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by julio1011 ] ++
how bout 3-4-3

---------------------buffon------------------

-----zebina-----thuram-----legrottaglie----

---zambro----tacchinardi---emerson---nedved----

--------------mutu--------delpiero---------
------------------trezeguet------------

extrmely offensive, im afraid Zambrotta and Mutu/Miccoli would have been in way for each other.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by julio1011 ] ++
Premier League 2003/2004 Chelsea 6
Serie A 2002/2003 Parma 18
Serie A 2001/2002 Hellas Verona 12
Serie A 2000/2001 Hellas Verona 4
First Division 1999/2000 Dinamo Bucarest 18
Serie A 1999/2000 Inter 10
First Division 1998/1999 Arges 4
First Division 1997/1998 Arges 4
First Division 1996/1997 Arges 5

that's mutu's goals per season
not bad but the 6 goals in premiershit is due to injury and stuff
his last 2 seasons in serie A he tallied 30 goals!!!!
and that's for someone who is not an out and out striker
Not toention that he was the leagues best assister.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Juventus bid for Chelsea striker Mutu
First Published: Aug 05, 2004

Juventus have offered English Premiership club Chelsea 12 million euros (14.5 million dollars) for Romanian striker Adrian Mutu.

Thursday's Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper reported that Mutu, a 24 million euro (29 million dollar) signing from Juve's Serie A rivals Parma last year, is keen on a return to Italy after failing to settle in London.

The Gazzetta claim that Juventus' general director Luciano Moggi is desperate to land the 25-year-old forward for the Turin giants' Champions League campaign and that newly-promoted Serie A club Fiorentina are also preparing a bid.

Mutu, who spent four seasons in Italy after leaving Romanian side Dinamo Bucharest, began well for Chelsea last season but the goals dried up after a bright start and a dip in form was followed by a string of niggling injuries.

He scored six goals in 25 English Premiership matches last season.

Aug 26, 2003
ok it is looking very good that we can land him!! but just a loan deal, i don't like the idea!! but if he is good we can buy him that would be good!!!

and if not and Gilardino stays at Parma we can take him!

now i am only waiting for another defender!!

damn isn't the CL registration today?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I prefer someone else to Mutu
He is definitely a good player but I don`t think he can give us what we lack up front he can score goals yes he can but he is more of a Miccoli and a DP than a Trez what I mean he is more the player who pass and does a work like DP and Miccoli than a target striker like Trez and I believe we need a player who is more a target striker the one who can gurantee us he will score!
Look I really don`t like Trez but he is a striker who can gurantee us goals
DP and Miccoli are not that kind of players and the same goes to Mutu.
I didn`t like Di Vaio eigther altough I thought he has potential but Di Vaio is a player who can gurantee us goals.
What I am saying is instead of Mutu we need to look for someone who can score more goals and can dribble and etc best possability is Henry but unfortunately he is way too expensive altough I think he would be worth of splashing money on him

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
From sports.it:

The Juve, finally, has found its bomber. Draft of the Rumanian Adrian Mutu who will dress, for season 2004/2005, the bianconera mesh on loan from the Chelsea. Bomber the former-Inter and Parma, had recently broken with the technician of the English club Mourinho and were closed from the neoarrivo Drogba. The Chelsea, also to get rid of he, will pay 30% of its salary to the Juve so that Moggi will have to scucire 1,5 million euro. Little. The bianconero club, after to have yielded Of Vaio to the Valencia, was to hunting of a $R-a.buon.mercato forward. Blocked before European the svincolato Sylvain Wiltord, French forward del' Arsenal, Hat gradually had formulated its doubts on purpose of the transalpino that in the meantime she had refused Manchester and Werder Brema. The inspiration for the transaction Mutu, Moggi, has found it in the blows of Milan and Inter with the Chelsea: Veron and Crespo, "refuse of lusso" of the Blues, were joints in via Turati and Durini with the formula of the loan. And because not, to try with Mutu? Like anticipated from Virgilio Sport slid Sunday, Moggi had interested personally the two proxies of the player, the Becali Rumanian and the Pretti Italian. Mutu therefore will be inserted in the Champions lists so as to to be able to play the two challenges of preliminary matter against the Djurgardens.
They're basically saying it's official!

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
Agent: Mutu to Juve is 99% certain

Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu is set to join Juventus on a year-long loan, according to his agent.

The Italian club have been pursuing the Romanian international for several weeks and could complete the transfer imminently.

'It's now 99% likely that Mutu will sign a contract with Juventus Torino today,' Mutu's agent, Ioan Becali, told Romanian channel TV Sport.

Mutu is to fly to Turin for a medical, and it is expected that he will sign a 12-month contract.

His departure from Stamford Bridge, albeit on a temporary basis, comes just a year after he signed from Parma.

The 25-year-old cost Chelsea £15.8million, but after a bright start to his career in the Premiership there came a lull in his performances and he finished last season with just six league goals.

The arrival of Didier Drogba apparently pushed Mutu to the back of the queue for places in Jose Mourinho's attack.

The Romanian was a major success in Italian football, and scored 17 goals in 30 matches during the 2002/03 season before signing for Chelsea, forging a lethal partnership with Adriano, who has since joined Inter Milan, another of Mutu's former clubs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)